General Category > Applications

Arkos Tracker 2 - Released!

(1/72) > >>

Targhan:
Hi everybody,

I am very proud to announce the release of the first alpha version of Arkos Tracker 2!

This is most powerful tracker for Amstrad CPC, but it also blow to pieces all the other trackers for ZX Spectrum, MSX, Oric, Vectrex!

Some features:

* Cross-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac).
* Manage both standard FM sound (thanks to an accurate AY-3-8912 emulation) and samples without any distinction!
* Unlimited AY count! You can create standard 3-channel songs, or 6, 9, 32 or more if you want!
* 4 columns of effects per channel, including Arpeggio (via a table or inline value), Pitch, slide, glide, change Arpeggio/Pitch/Instrument speed, etc.
* Import from AKS (Arkos Tracker 1), SKS (STarKos), 128 (BSC’s Soundtrakker), WYZ (Wyz Tracker), MOD.
* Export to AKG (generic, versatile player (still a WIP)), AKY (a new extremely fast player), AKL (lightweight player), or raw for you to use your own format.
* The AKY player can handle 9 channels for you to use all the power of the PlayCity hardware.
* New sound effect support, shared among songs.
* Exports can be assembly sources or binaries: it makes it easy to integrate the songs in your production.
* Each AY can have its own frequency (including custom ones).
* Replay rate from 12Hz to 300Hz, or custom.
* A song is composed of sub-songs, all sharing the same instruments. Helps you save even more memory!Here is a little video of a demo song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmhElMzFTj8

A website is up and running, including the manual, tutorials, and even a forum to post your requests and bugs.

There is still room for improvements, so don't hesitate to ask for specific topics to add. Also, tell me if you prefer video or text tutorials, and in which form.

Remember, this is still an alpha! Even though the software already has a lot of possibilities, some are still lacking, so don't be too quick to judge.

I sincerely hope musicians and coders will switch to AT2 in a near future.

Targhan/Arkos.

reidrac:
Linux? Is that really Linux? Please, explain, because I'm on a rollercoaster of feelings right now  :o.

I've been using a specific version of WYZ that "works", but the tracker running with Mono on Linux crashes too often  :'(

I'll give this a go when I have some time. If is that good, I may invest the time to use it in my current project.

Thanks!

Targhan:
It IS Linux. I tested with Mint and Ubuntu, works like a charm. This is really cross-platform. Not some wrapper around some framework to try to make it work. Have a go, you won't come back :).

reidrac:

--- Quote from: Targhan on 15:46, 05 November 17 ---It IS Linux. I tested with Mint and Ubuntu, works like a charm. This is really cross-platform. Not some wrapper around some framework to try to make it work. Have a go, you won't come back :).

--- End quote ---

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: downloaded, started it and... OH MY GOD. I love you, seriously! Do you accept donations, don't you? I'll be reporting issues etc. Thanks!

roudoudou:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, coming with tutorials and manual  8)

That's great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version