News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Backing up 3" discs to the HxC

Started by beaker, 01:07, 16 March 12

Previous topic - Next topic

beaker

I was reading some threads suggesting xexor would be a good way to go for copying 3" disks on my |a drive to my HxC set up as my |b on my 6128+ but I can't seem to find a copy that's not in cpr format and the wiki page is blank http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Xexor. Does anyone have a dsk image of the software, or could point me in the right direction?

I won 75x 3" discs from ebay before Christmas and while they seem to just a collection of games and type-ins (assuming anna conda is a type in) in bin and bas format - most of which I am not interested in, I figured I'd back them up to the HxC before putting the games I did enjoy on them. I've tried disckit3 on the CPM utilities disk which didn't work and the copy routine in Parados just produced a drive b: write fail error on the screen.

Everything on the HxC should be up to date. I have a revision c board and v1.6.0.0 firmware installed on it and I could save a stupid basic program (10 print "hello world") directly to the HxC |b drive and reload it.

Thanks in advance,

beaker

Cpcmaniaco

TomEtJerry

Hello,

HxC is not the ultimate interface to backup software from a CPC, especially if they are physical protections, as you cannot format an HFE disk image.

But, to transfer standard disks (SYSTEM or DATA), that's absolutely not a problem.  You just have to create some HFE disks images on your PC with HxCFloppyEmulator.

T&J/GPA