News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ConvImgCPC running under Wine (Linux)

Started by ronaldo, 16:04, 28 May 15

Previous topic - Next topic

ronaldo

Hi all,

This morning I was willing to use ConvImgCPC under wine on my Linux machine, but there was a big bunch of libraries it required to run. I have searched for all of them and now I'm able to run ConvImgCPC under wine (and it works great!).

For those wanting to use it under Linux, here I attach you a zip with ConvImgCPC and all the required DLLs.

Enjoy! :)

CraigsBar

Hell yeah, will try this under osx wine tonight.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Just to let you know, this package works perfectly on osx as well. If I remember I'll put together a wineskin package with it tonight to provide a single click option to osx users.

ronaldo

Nice! Now we have full compatibility for ConvImgCPC on Win, OSX and Linux :D.

Thanks @CraigsBar for testing and, of course, big thanks to @demoniak for developing it :D

CraigsBar

Quote from: ronaldo on 10:40, 29 May 15
Nice! Now we have full compatibility for ConvImgCPC on Win, OSX and Linux :D .

Thanks @CraigsBar for testing and, of course, big thanks to @demoniak for developing it :D
OMG! Once this small tool is wrapped up as a nice OSX app, it comes in at a MASSIVE 437mb (185mb zipped)

I have linked it from my dropbox for anyone mad enough to want to use it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xr85ec3dddsmrm/ConvImgCPC.zip?dl=0

ronaldo

How did you manage to convert 1MB into 185MB package? :D

CraigsBar

Because wineskin wraps it up with a full wine installation, along with most needed games DLLs, so that's direct x, various runtimes, etc...  Although I admit 437mb surprised even me! I'll have to see if I can trim it as bit.