News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC-CompactFlash...

Started by SyX, 19:28, 25 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 11:36, 11 December 14
Yes, it was a requirement. Working with some limitations help to improve its own design.
Ooh, I like to look of this.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=351238872285&alt=web 
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 10:55, 11 December 14
About exchange media, not late than yesterday I have copied 4GB data on a 8GB Microsoft USB pen.
Back at home, I put it on my computer and... I got a message like "Unformated disk. Do you want to initialize it?"...
Great!  :-X

Thank's god that sh*t wont happen on CPC[nb]usually[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

May be, may be not. I have not tested it. (look to use cheap MLC flash IC)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TotO

Here the final version picture!  ;D

[attach=2]
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

Quote from: TotO on 20:44, 13 December 14
Here the final version picture!  ;D

[attach=2]
Oh Now that looks pretty :)

as well as pretty damn powerful ;)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TotO

Gryzor

SD-cards very rarely fail at hardware level I think. Whereas USB sticks - ugh, they get worse and worse with years. I still have 512MB no-name giveaways from ten years back working just fin, whereas I've had three branded one failing on me during the past few months (I use quite a few, mostly to get my mom her favourite TV shows : D). However, data on SD cards doesn't appear to be so safe and it working status is very sensitive according to the device they get used with...

(heh, as a matter of fact the only SD that has died on me completely was my expensive Eye-Fi one I use in my camera. Shit).

Should I lock the thread?

Prodatron

Maybe we can start a discussion here about the life time of mass storage types :D
Personally I never lost data on a CF card, SD card (doesn't matter if normal, mini or micro size), Memory Stick (Sony) or USB stick. The only data lost I ever had were 3,5" discs and DVD discs. Never had problems with any other storages and I used some quite hard...

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM