Author Topic: CP/M plus (cpm 3.1) on a CPC 464 with Ram Expansion  (Read 524 times)

Offline CraigsBar

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • The party ain't over yet
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • Awards
Hi all.

I am sure I used to run CPM Plus on my expanded CPC 464. But now no matter which disc image I use I get a message stating that CPM Plus will not run in this environment.

I also vagely remember a "Universal" patched CPM Plus disc that would boot on any CPC with 128k or more memory.

Have I gone insane or am I remembering this correctly and if so where could i get this DSK?

Many thanks

Craig
No reactions
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Offline revaldinho

• Supporter
  • CPC664
    • Awards
Re: CP/M plus (cpm 3.1) on a CPC 464 with Ram Expansion
« Reply #1 on: 21:39, 26 April 21 »
There are some notes in the DK'Tronics expansion manual on patching CP/M to run on a 464 - see the CPCWiki page.

I sometimes run CP/M Plus on my 464 but I haven't patched my copy of CP/M. I have the CPC6128 firmware and BASIC ROMs installed, and then I load the DK'Tronics RSXes (download from the same page linked above) and type |emulate before launching |cpm.

No reactions

Offline CraigsBar

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: 22:05, 26 April 21 »
There are some notes in the DK'Tronics expansion manual on patching CP/M to run on a 464 - see the CPCWiki page.

I sometimes run CP/M Plus on my 464 but I haven't patched my copy of CP/M. I have the CPC6128 firmware and BASIC ROMs installed, and then I load the DK'Tronics RSXes (download from the same page linked above) and type |emulate before launching |cpm.

I found it.... when I say I, I actually mean @Shaun M. Neary found it... It'd on Richard Wilsons WinAPE Download Page, http://www.winape.net/downloads.jsp in the "Other Downloads" section, 4th file down.

No reactions

Offline CraigsBar

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: 23:17, 26 April 21 »

I found it.... when I say I, I actually mean @Shaun M. Neary found it... It'd on Richard Wilsons WinAPE Download Page, http://www.winape.net/downloads.jsp in the "Other Downloads" section, 4th file down.

I have now patched the patched version with the DKTronics Silicon Disc Installer so that the end result is a CPM Disc that maps all available expansion ram (over 128k) into a Ram disc up to 444kb in size and boots perfectly on any CPC I try it on. Perfect for my external Gotek "utilities" folder that is.

No reactions