News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Disc Copier on ROM?

Started by Gryzor, 17:39, 10 May 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

OddJob is available on ROM, but I don't quite like it... I remember seeing XEXOR on ROM (or was it cartridge?) but can't find it now (damn hackers and CPC-power!)

Anyone has it? Or, would it be possible for anyone to convert the Copier part of Discology to ROM?

redbox

I didn't like Discology ROM either.

I ended up using Nirvana which you can download from the Wiki ROM table.

Mind you, doesn't ParaDOS have an inbuilt copier?

fgbrain

You can find Discomagic (my fave) and Crime as well on ROM.. Also JLCS utilities rom has copier.
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

AMSDOS

You can get Xexor 2.6 from Richard Wilson's website:

http://www.winape.net/downloads.jsp
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Quote from: fgbrain on 01:21, 11 May 13
You can find Discomagic (my fave) and Crime as well on ROM.. Also JLCS utilities rom has copier.
I managed to locate Disc'o'Magic (attached here -  Had no idea about it), though not the ROM version. Tried to create a ROM out of it with ROM Manager, but it keeps telling me "not enough space"... . Crime - nowhere to be found! Would you be so kind as to share? :)
Quote from: AMSDOS on 06:44, 11 May 13

You can get Xexor 2.6 from Richard Wilson's website:

http://www.winape.net/downloads.jsp
Yeah, I do have Xexor, I was wondering about the ROM version.

@Redbox: I *love* Discology, actually :D It's just a pity it doesn't run from B, plus I was wondering if there was another, better solution :) Just tried Nirvana, hadn't used it for ages, but upon starting it immediately asks you to insert SOURCE disc into A - this is silly, I want to copy from B to A! :( [EDIT] Shut up and RTFM or drink some coffee before wondering, you idiot...

TotO

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:06, 11 May 13I *love* Discology, actually :D It's just a pity it doesn't run from B
It's a CPM problem init problem.
AMSDOS only boot from A (system) and not B (target) by default.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Quote from: TotO on 08:27, 11 May 13
It's a CPM problem init problem.
AMSDOS only boot from A (system) and not B (target) by default.

Yeah, I know... still, there were versions that were not run with |CPM, but even these don't run from A. Stupid, stupid.

TotO

Stupid crackers so... They can fix that.  ;D
But yes, most CPM softwares done physical access the A drive instead of the "current drive".

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Gryzor

Ooh, found CRIME, too! :)

(along with DOSCOPY, featuring lovely multi-colour fonts :D )

AMSDOS

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:06, 11 May 13Yeah, I do have Xexor, I was wondering about the ROM version.

I think it is a ROM version (or there is a ROM), cause I recall using it with RWCPC Emulator (which didn't support DSK images), to convert DSK images into the RWCPC format Disc Images. It's been so long since I've used it though, I don't think I managed to get it off a DSK image and put it into the relevant format.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Gryzor

Nah, Richard only has the dsk's on his site.

fgbrain

OK, here's Disc'o'magic 4.1 in ROM, too !!
Type |MAGIC to boot..
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

Gryzor

Many thanks kind sir - could you upload it in zipped form since the forum doesn't know how to cope with .rom files and gives a bmp instead?

[EDIT] Nah, nevermind, just save as and change extension...

fgbrain

post edited ! hope it works for you now..
_____

Gryzor

Thanks, much appreciated. It was ok after all, but judging from the downloads counter next to the file people tried to download it multiple times... I'll have to add these to the ROM table on the wiki!

T.

PS Love the Vindicator avatar...

Gryzor

Hm, in the Wiki's ROM list Disc'o'Magic is credited to WSX, but the ROM says "Joker of Beng!" followed by the actual address of Jens in Germany?

[EDIT] Uh... what was I looking at yesterday? All these ROMs, including 3 versions of Discology, are in the ROM list! Interestingly, one version of Discology is only a file copier, the other a disc copier and Discology 6, which is described as a Plus program, runs fine on my 6128...