News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Discology 3.2 uploaded

Started by Gryzor, 08:54, 14 January 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 12:27, 17 January 16
Ok, the Wiki page was actually for "Discovery" and I have "Discovery Plus", so I created a new page and uploaded the pictures there: Discovery Plus - CPCWiki

There's no link to the actual Disk content at the moment, so if the disk has never been dumped, then let me know and I can give it a try.

Bryce.

Hm, I don't have Plus in my archive... anyone else?

robcfg

This was already dumped by CPCManiaco and Deepfb and it's available at CPC Power.

There seem to be a 1986 version, a 1987 one, and an update in 1988 (link here).

I'll ask them for the pictures without the watermarks.

Edit:Just in case, it would be nice to dump Bryce's copy  ;)

Gryzor

...so we can say we have our OWN dump :)

robcfg

Heh...  :D

I can understand Kukulcan's point of view, but the watermarks defeat the purpose of his site. So I'll ask CPCManiaco to upload the pictures here.

VincentGR

Bryce

I didn't see any obvious year or version mentioned on the packaging. I'll run it later and see what it says on the screen.

Bryce.

Gryzor

I wonder what the differences between the simple and + versions are. Anyone knows more?

Kris

I suppose that's only a patch for the keyboard scanning.....

Bryce

There's no mention of Splocktrans on the original version, so the additional programs may not have come until the Plus version arrived.

Bryce.

Captain Is

Is there someone who has the plus version of Discology for cpc 6128 plus computer? ::)

redbox

Captain Is

Quote from: redbox on 20:29, 09 February 21
https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=6118

How can i write this .dsk file on disk?
I am trying using m4 board for writting  to disk and it is not possible.

cosa_nostra-6128

a doubt, of all these versions of discology, is there one that is supposed to be the best? faster or better copying protected games or with any notable improvement?

[/color]

TotO

Quote from: Captain Is on 21:00, 09 February 21
How can i write this .dsk file on disk? I am trying using m4 board for writting  to disk and it is not possible.
Because it is a dump of the original protected media. (last but not least, it start from A drive using |CPM)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

BSC

Quote from: cosa_nostra-6128 on 16:34, 17 December 21
a doubt, of all these versions of discology, is there one that is supposed to be the best? faster or better copying protected games or with any notable improvement?

I think version 6.1 was the best ;-)

PS: even after the huge makeover of the forum-software, it is still so generous with linefeeds :D
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Gryzor

cosa_nostra-6128

[quote author = BSC link = topic = 11490.msg210226 # msg210226 date = 1639778488]
Creo que la versión 6.1 fue la mejor ;-)

PD: incluso después del gran cambio de imagen del software del foro, sigue siendo muy generoso con los avances de línea  :D
[/ cita]
[/quote]

thanks, what improvements or advances does this version 6.1 have?

tjohnson

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:38, 18 December 21
What linefeeds?

I think he means recent posts, tbh I don't like the change, I liked it when it only showed the most recent posts for each discussion so you didn't get one discussion dominating the majority of recent posts.

Gryzor

Quote from: tjohnson on 01:36, 19 December 21

I think he means recent posts, tbh I don't like the change, I liked it when it only showed the most recent posts for each discussion so you didn't get one discussion dominating the majority of recent posts.
But Recents was always like that, it has never been modified... Perhaps you were looking at Unread?

ComSoft6128

Something has changed since the site went down.
Previously to that event all replies to a post were kept within the same thread.
Now (using Chrome) I see a Forum screen were, often, some replies dominate the screen to the exclusion of other posts/topics. :(

BSC

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:38, 18 December 21
What linefeeds?

Those which additionally appear in every post I make, like this here, for example. I will write another line below here, with one empty line in between.

This is the line I was talking about up there. No CR or LF will follow!
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

BSC

As you can see in my last post, one additional LF was inserted for every LF is made intentionally. It's not really a problem, but a bit annoying as my posts use to stretch out vertically when I don't use really long lines without any LF or CR like in this.

BSC

If I use more CR/LF, like here:

Which is how I am used to write my posts.
Might be my style is just not compatible to the forums.

Makes you think.

Paragraphs are even worse!
Ok, I think you get the point and I'll stop disrupting the thread.

BSC

Quote from: cosa_nostra-6128 on 00:38, 19 December 21thanks, what improvements or advances does this version 6.1 have?

I was joking, there's no v6.1 aparently.

Gryzor

Quote from: BSC on 12:10, 19 December 21
As you can see in my last post, one additional LF was inserted for every LF is made intentionally. It's not really a problem, but a bit annoying as my posts use to stretch out vertically when I don't use really long lines without any LF or CR like in this.

Firefox?