If there would be a managing software for the pseuedo ROMs of the SF2 for Amsdos

Started by TFM, 22:05, 02 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Which language shall the ROManagerA have?

French
4 (16.7%)
Spanish
1 (4.2%)
German
4 (16.7%)
English
15 (62.5%)
other: Please drop a line here...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

TFM

I'm thinking about creating a tool to manage the SF2 ROMs under Amsdos. Which languages do you wish?
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

Quote from: TFM/FS on 22:05, 02 July 10
I'm thinking about creating a tool to manage the SF2 ROMs under Amsdos. Which languages do you wish?

Sprenchlish
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

robcfg

It would be nice to have the strings table for the application in a separate file so you could add another translation.

In case there could be only one, I'd choose english to reach most people.

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 10:04, 03 July 10
It would be nice to have the strings table for the application in a separate file so you could add another translation.

Indeed, such a thing is already implemented, at the moment the languages English, French, Spanish and German (since somebody voted for them) are supported. For other languages drop a line here.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Any interrest in Polski, Dutch, Norway or ... any idea ???

Now is the time to talk about your language-wishes!
TFM of FutureSoft

MiguelSky

Quote from: TFM/FS on 00:06, 05 July 10
Indeed, such a thing is already implemented, at the moment the languages English, French, Spanish and German (since somebody voted for them) are supported.

Ah, yes :D I'm the Spanish guy. And remember, you can to count with me for help, as always.

Devilmarkus

I think 3 languages should do it:
English, French, Spanish and German.

(3 languages? Well, sorry, I can only count up to 3, so: 3+1 languages)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

TFM

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 18:53, 07 July 10
I think 3 languages should do it:
English, French, Spanish and German.

(3 languages? Well, sorry, I can only count up to 3, so: 3+1 languages)

In principle you are right, but the CPC has a big RAM and there is still some space ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Hi guys,

The ROManager_Amsdos is in beta stage now, MiguelSky and ynot0 are beta-testing at this weekend. And I have one question...

Do you need a version for the 464 and 664 too? Or are you perfectly pleased with the 6128 version?
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: TFM/FS on 20:45, 27 August 10
Do you need a version for the 464 and 664 too? Or are you perfectly pleased with the 6128 version?

No need? ... Still no need? Ok, makes it easy for me :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

norecess

robcfg

TFM

Quote from: norecess on 02:00, 30 August 10
Sorry to be that dumb, but what is SF2?

Sorry for my bad English. I shall try it in the worlds most beautiful language :-)

Un SF2 est un SYMBiFACE II. Mais la dactylographie ceci des lettres casse mes doigts.

@Rob: You must type the letters right, else the producers kick your as. Mine hurts still ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:54, 06 September 10
This is Norton Commander! :D

Well, thanks  :D 
It's basicly the CBM surface from FutureOS, I've been too lazy to create a complete new implementatioin for BASIC. So I did use "copy" and "paste" and some extra work.
The good thing is, now I have an "environment" which allows to run some FutureOS applications under BASIC. Let's see, maybe I can make more double-OS releases in future.
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

I'd like to translate it into Greek, but you'd need to define a greek font... :(

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:42, 11 September 10
I'd like to translate it into Greek, but you'd need to define a greek font... :(

Ok cool! PM me your Email address and I'll send you the english texts of the program. You can translate them on PC if you like.

At the moment I don't have a full greek charset (I think?), but I will look for that quite soon  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

I'm trying to find a BASIC listing with definitions for a Greek font. Would that be of any use to you?

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:35, 13 September 10
I'm trying to find a BASIC listing with definitions for a Greek font. Would that be of any use to you?

Absolutely! Then I know how the characters shall look like - when a using a CPC! (I know how they look like if I write them, but on CPC...). And further, with some luck, I will also know which characters shall be placed at which keys (needid if you want to save a g(r)eek ROM file).
TFM of FutureSoft

robcfg

As a kid, I dis a little program with lots of SYMBOL lines to make the characters look like greek letters.

I'll take a look in case I find it and will try to dump it.

Gryzor

Quote from: TFM/FS on 21:57, 13 September 10

Absolutely! Then I know how the characters shall look like - when a using a CPC! (I know how they look like if I write them, but on CPC...). And further, with some luck, I will also know which characters shall be placed at which keys (needid if you want to save a g(r)eek ROM file).

Yeah... I asked in a greek forum for a listing (there were several back then), and am waiting for a reply. If that fails I'll have to find one in a greek magazine of the era...

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:24, 14 September 10
Yeah... I asked in a greek forum for a listing (there were several back then), and am waiting for a reply. If that fails I'll have to find one in a greek magazine of the era...

Well, I found this:
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/imgs/3/38/GREEK.DSK

Just start the GREEK.BAS program under BASIC and it changes a-z/A-Z (not all). May you can check it, if it does the job ok, if the charactes are ok and if ALL needed charactes (lower and upper case) have been used.

That's what I have. If you think it's ok, then we can use these charcters for a Greek language interface  :)

Edit: The ROM version of Protext runs with it :)
TFM of FutureSoft