Lost in Space: Art in Pascal (1986 - Hisoft) by Chris Pink.

Started by AMSDOS, 11:50, 23 February 13

Previous topic - Next topic

AMSDOS

According to Chris Pink it was one of the first big things he wrote for Hisoft, it was available on Disc & Tape and came with Source Code (so I'm thinking it must of worked in Hisoft Pascal), so you could customise it. Though the program seems to be a black hole on Archives. I can only presume it didn't sell too many making it a rare an hard to track down piece of software.

From what I can tell this program was setout to let you create some Artwork (this advert mentions 4 pens, so it only works in Mode 1), and then you could easily incorporate that into your programs.

Has anyone used this program?
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

AMSDOS

Well after poking about on CPCRULEZ it seems Chris Pink wrote another program simply called Hisoft Art prior to Art in Pascal and again no download's available merely 3 Screenshots (click on the link to view those in CPCRULEZ), again I'm unsure where those screenshots have originated.

But the Chris Pink Interview clearly specifies specifics about Hisoft Art in Pascal, though now it appears Hisoft Art came first, possibly translated with Hisoft Pascal, doesn't appear to be the same program.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3