News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ManageDSK

Started by demoniak, 10:56, 31 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

demoniak

I've found a bug in the export function of ManageDsk, please update your version with the following:
http://ldeplanque.free.fr/ManageDsk/ManageDsk_V0.20.zip

- Fixed a bug when exporting files without headers
- Fixed minor localized text (Fr / En / Sp)
- Added "drag'n'drop" files and. DSK
- Added start address in "dissassembly" display

norecess

Cool ! Thank you for updating my tool of choice when dealing with DSKs ! :)

Bryce

I also use ManageDSK regularly and I recently had a problem with it (I think), but the problem might also have occured with Jeffs HFE software, so I'm not sure, I'll have to repeat it. Here's what happened:

I created an empty DSK, filled it with binary files (ROM Images) and saved it as a DSK. I then converted it to HFE. Usually all my HFE files are 981KB, but this one was 1014Kb or somewhere in that region. The HxC also couldn't read the HFE when I tried it.

As I said, the error may have occured during the conversion, but I'll see if I can repeat the error and report back.

Bryce.

HAL6128

I found out the same (981kB and 1014kB HFE filesize), but the HxC could all read it.
Therefore didn't paid attention....
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

TFM

Thank's a lot for the update!
When you ever manage to create an english doc, let me know, then I create the german translation for you :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

I actually used it in exactly the same way - insert ROMs, convert to HFE, bliss. Didin't have any problem, but an update is always welcome :)

Bryce

I just noticed, that the download link on the ManageDsk Wiki page points to version 0.16 on Amtradeus. Maybe you should change the link to a location where the newest version is always offered?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Good eye. Apologies for not doing it earlier, I got a nasty bug the past few days...

norecess

For those who ignore it, ManageDSK, in its latest versions, can be used directly from command-line without using the user interface. Handy for batch files and more!

Bryce

If you (Demoniak) are making any further changes to ManageDSK, could you possibly add the feature that it remembers the language you chose when you last used it? I know this means adding an .ini file, but it would be handy for non-french users.

Bryce.

demoniak

Quote from: Bryce on 13:06, 08 September 11
If you (Demoniak) are making any further changes to ManageDSK, could you possibly add the feature that it remembers the language you chose when you last used it? I know this means adding an .ini file, but it would be handy for non-french users.

Bryce.
Yes, I can even do this using the Windows's registry

norecess

QuoteYes, I can even do this using the Windows's registry
Please prefer an .ini file rather the Windows Registry. Easier to uninstall :)

demoniak

Quote from: norecess on 14:03, 08 September 11
Please prefer an .ini file rather the Windows Registry. Easier to uninstall :)
Ok, I will do that for the next release  ;)

demoniak

A minor release of ManageDsk with some small bugfixes:

http://ldeplanque.free.fr/ManageDsk/ManageDsk_V0.20c.zip

- Fixed bug in management numbers of users files.
- Fixed bug in rename files.
- Show deleted files in red (USER 229).
- Can permanently delete files.

norecess

Great stuff. Thank you!

TFM

Finally a English documentation  :)  Thx!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

demoniak

Sorry, another bugfixes, please update to this version :

http://ldeplanque.free.fr/ManageDsk/ManageDsk_V0.20d.zip

fgbrain

Hi Demoniak!

Are you planning to support both sides of disk??
I made copies of my old disks as double-sided DSK and your tool cannot read them..  :(

CPCDiskXP reads them, but I prefer your tool to manage specific files.
It says:
QuoteDsk Info:
File Type:        Standard DSK
Data Format:    CPC DATA
Tracks:        41
Heads:        2
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

TFM

Well, if doublesided, than up to 80 tracks would make sense.

On the other hand also emulators can copy files to 3" Data format previously to usage.

Support of Vortex format would be great though :-)
TFM of FutureSoft

demoniak

I will add the support of 80 tracks/double sided dsks in the next release ;-)

TFM

Quote from: demoniak on 08:31, 09 October 11
I will add the support of 80 tracks/double sided dsks in the next release ;-)

Thank's a lot!!! I really appreciate that :-)))))))))))))))))))))
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

The Wiki Page still points to version 0.16.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 14:37, 07 November 11
The Wiki Page still points to version 0.16.

Bryce.

Erm... nope?

Bryce

Erm.... Yes: "In the download section : Download " which is on this page: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/ManageDsk

Bryce.

Gryzor

Don't drink more beer :D That's a link to Amstradeus, which happens to be linking to an older version. There's a direct link to 0.20d. I don't have the admin password for amstrad.cpc.free.fr so I can link to the new version :p