Martine a cpc old / Plus tool to handle your images

Started by Sid_, 16:20, 24 January 20

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sid_

Hi friends,


I saw that the command line is not the most common usage, that's why I started to develop a GUI for Martine.
You will be able to do the same but you will improve your production.
It's still in WIP, but it will be available soon. And as usual, all the ideas and requests are encouraged.


HAL6128

Just two quick question (I have seen Martine the first time but haven't used / tried / got deeper of Martine descprition so far):


What I have seen is that there's tile map tool included (also for command line). Does it mean I can create tiles (asm or c code) from an image (e.g. GIF)?


If I'm going to create a tile map with is this tool, is it also able to recognize duplicate tiles?

...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

gurneyh


To create a tilemap and a tileset from an image you can use this online tool.
https://map-cutter.herokuapp.com/

The exported files are reusable in Tiled.

Sid_

Quote from: gurneyh on 08:34, 20 January 22
To create a tilemap and a tileset from an image you can use this online tool.
https://map-cutter.herokuapp.com/

The exported files are reusable in Tiled.


thank you @gurneyh for your link.

Sid_

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 00:19, 20 January 22
Just two quick question (I have seen Martine the first time but haven't used / tried / got deeper of Martine descprition so far):


What I have seen is that there's tile map tool included (also for command line). Does it mean I can create tiles (asm or c code) from an image (e.g. GIF)?


If I'm going to create a tile map with is this tool, is it also able to recognize duplicate tiles?


The purpose of this module in Martine is exactly what you expect. It looks for duplicate tiles and keep the tile index in a map.
You can save the results either in imptiles format (I mean two files. one containing the tiles and one file containing the indexes of the tiles. For informations can be found here http://imptiles.wikidot.com), or as sprites format for the tiles and the map indexes.
If some features are needed, feel free to ask.


HAL6128

Sounds good!
Downloaded the release 0.30 from github for Windows. In the binaries folder there are four files including "martine". All extensions are missing. Are all files .exe?
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Sid_

yes I know, my bad. When I compiled for windows I forgot to add the .exe extension.
And all are executables.
This will no longer happen in the next releases.

HAL6128

Just one more question (then I'm going to have try... :) . Assuming I have GIF picture (size about 240 x 480 pixel). The colouring is created with the original Amstrad CPC colours (14 out of 27). I wanted to create tiles (12x24).
How can I adjust the colours or is Martine recognizing the original colors.
I've worked so far with the command line tool "Img2CPC" where you have an config-file with a colours setup.


I've also seen that martine only accept tile width 8 or 16 pixels.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Sid_

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 11:44, 20 January 22
Just one more question (then I'm going to have try... :) . Assuming I have GIF picture (size about 240 x 480 pixel). The colouring is created with the original Amstrad CPC colours (14 out of 27). I wanted to create tiles (12x24).
How can I adjust the colours or is Martine recognizing the original colors.
I've worked so far with the command line tool "Img2CPC" where you have an config-file with a colours setup.


I've also seen that martine only accept tile width 8 or 16 pixels.


Martine will find the originals colors (either plus or old CPC palette).
I curb the tiles size to 8x8 8x16 16x16 for the moment.
I see a lot of developers using different tile size, the new version of Martine will allow any size.




zhulien

Is there an easy way to host Martine so that it can be used to load any images from the net?


eg:


martinehost.com/?mode=1&url=http://imagehost.com/image.jpg




Sid_

Quote from: zhulien on 16:33, 21 January 22
Is there an easy way to host Martine so that it can be used to load any images from the net?


eg:


martinehost.com/?mode=1&url=http://imagehost.com/image.jpg


It's not implemented but if you want this feature, I can it.
I'll implement it this weekend.

Sid_

The new Martine version is available and this version add  a great evolution. Now you can use Martine with a GUI. 
I'll post some vidéo how to use this version. 
Binaries available are windows, macos, linux and raspbian. 
You can download here : https://github.com/jeromelesaux/martine/releases/tag/v0.33
You can use as usual Martine with command line, but if you want to use GUI, just click on it ^^. 

Ast

Quote from: Sid_ on 22:28, 28 February 22The new Martine version is available and this version add  a great evolution. Now you can use Martine with a GUI.
I'll post some vidéo how to use this version.
Binaries available are windows, macos, linux and raspbian.
You can download here : https://github.com/jeromelesaux/martine/releases/tag/v0.33
You can use as usual Martine with command line, but if you want to use GUI, just click on it ^^.

Kikitoutdur !
_____________________

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Sid_

A new Martine version is available with a loooot bugs fixed and new features such as gray et monochrome color conversion for CPC Plus. 
You can download it here : https://github.com/jeromelesaux/martine/releases/tag/v0.35

Linux and Raspbian versions will be available soon, for the moment MacosX and Windows version can be downloaded.

Enjoy this new version.


Sid_

Now linux versions are available (Raspbian, and intel linux).
Same link to follow.


m_dr_m

Lnux? The title says "Martine a cpc old / Plus tool", and each time, for half a second, I'm under the impression it is a Amstrad native tool!

Ast

More precisely, an amstrad cpc & plus tool.
Doing and release it on a lot of plateform is a good idea !
Viva Don Saluste !
_____________________

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Sid_

A new version is available with a new animation algorithm (named as V2) and a new sprite board tab to handle your hard sprites sprites. 

To download it on your appropriate platform check this link : 
https://github.com/jeromelesaux/martine/releases/tag/v0.36

Enjoy and have nice holidays.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod