News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Merge two dsk files into double sided one

Started by nurgle, 23:03, 20 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

nurgle

Does anyone know an application that can merge two single sided dsk files into a double sided one without changing anything else (i.e. I am not looking for a file copier)?

Devilmarkus

Quote from: nurgle on 23:03, 20 August 10
Does anyone know an application that can merge two single sided dsk files into a double sided one without changing anything else (i.e. I am not looking for a file copier)?

JavaCPC?!? (Use in menu: File -> Merge DSK's)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

nurgle

Cool! Is there anything JavaCPC can't do?  ;)

TFM

Quote from: nurgle on 20:55, 22 August 10
Cool! Is there anything JavaCPC can't do?  ;)

Well... it would need to support the Dobbertin HD-20 ;-).... and 4 MB RAM ;-)))
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

arnoldemu

Quote from: nurgle on 23:03, 20 August 10
pcxti tool by Pierre Guerrier does the job really well.

EDIT: genesis8.free.fr ;)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Amstari

Is this about merging two Amdos disks into one Parados disc?

Sorry if I have misunderstood the discussion here, I've only recently started using Parados with a 3.5 inch drive. It would be good if I could merge some disks to take advantage of double sided disks.

nurgle

Quote from: Z80A on 12:35, 23 August 10
Is this about merging two Amdos disks into one Parados disc?

Absolutely not. This is about DSK images as used by Emulators or the very wonderfuld HxC SD-Card Floppy Emulator.

nurgle

Quote from: arnoldemu on 09:32, 23 August 10
pcxti tool by Pierre Guerrier does the job really well.

A DOS utility from '98... oh well, let's fire up dosbox just for the fun of it.  ::)

nurgle

DOS utilities to the rescue! pcxti tool worked! I successfully merged my two dsk files of midline process into a double sided dsk and transfered it to my HxC SD-Card Floppy Emulator. The demo detects a double headed drive and runs without turn disc intermission.

How I did it on Linux:

- unpack pcxti to dosbox mounted directory and copy both dsk files into same directory
- fire up dosbox
-   C:
-   cd <dir>
-   pcxti -merge mp-a.dsk mp-b.dsk
- close dosbox
- move resulting mp-a.ddk to mp-ab.dsk (because the HxC Software would not recognize a ddk)
- wine HxCFloppyEmulator.exe
-   Load mp-ab.dsk
-   Export to SD-Card
- Et voila - Midline Process without disc change

Unfortunately JavaCPC would not do it, maybe because of the special disc format of midline process? But I am sure it is only a matter of days until Devilmarkus fixes it.

TFM

Thanks for the explanation / small handbook Nurgle! I'm sure especially for the HxC, people need this kind of knowledge.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Yeah, it's nice how the HxCFE picked it up.

I'm smelling another utility coming up, courtesy of Markus!!!