News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MMM (menusi menu maker)

Started by Fran123, 10:28, 01 February 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Fran123

Hello,

About a year ago I created Menusi, an application to launch programs very quickly at the Amstrad CPC. To do this, the file that defined the menu had to be created by hand, and that task was cumbersome and prone to errors.

Today I bring MMM (Menusi Menu Maker) with a plugin with the LiliCPC catalog. It is a desktop application for the PC that allows you to select the programs from the LiliCPC collection, add them to the menus and generate the encrypted menu so that it can be opened with Menusi on the Amstrad CPC, all done in a faster and safer way than before.  I have tried it with the Usifac card, but it should also work for the M4.

I put some images below so you can see how it works.

Initial screen. One tab with all LiliCPC programas

Searching "Oh mummy" and adding to last menu tab (in color red)

The main menu. The main menu must be called MENUSI.DAT in Amstrad CPC

And the SPORTS menu. The max length for names is 24, so "Match Day II appears" in red.

Exporting the menu to Menusi format.

On Amstrad CPC, after launching menusi, menus appers like that;

To save menusi programs to a pendrive or SD use the CPC menu.

This is an beta program. I would appreciate your feedback.

To try MMM you have to delete .zip from the file name.
JAVA is required.

Gryzor

This looks lovely. Is it my idea or could it just as easily be made on the CPC itself? 

Fran123

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:35, 01 February 23This looks lovely. Is it my idea or could it just as easily be made on the CPC itself?
do you mean to do the same program for the cpc?

Gryzor

Fran123

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:43, 01 February 23Yes, precisely.
::) ::) Yes, it would possible, but it would be much slower because all LiliCPC catalog wouldn't fit in memory.

Gryzor

If I'm not mistaken there were database programs that didn't need to load the whole db in memory? 

Fran123

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:58, 01 February 23If I'm not mistaken there were database programs that didn't need to load the whole db in memory?
of course not, but to find a register, you have to find from the disk 

Gryzor

Sure, but I wouldn't mind 🙂 If people could run entire video clubs with comfort with a simple 6128 I guess it won't be too much waiting. 

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Fran123

A little update.
Compiled with Java14.

Remove .zip from file name.

eto

Where can I find Lili CPC?