General Category => Applications => Topic started by: m_dr_m on 16:25, 09 February 21
I wish to improve Monogams (OrgamS's monitor) for hackers, programmers and fair investors.
Imagine you are searching for cheat code / easter egg / hidden message in a program.
Old fart way of doing things (Hackit/ Le Hackit):
New art cracking:
- Have your program in RAM
- Search for some opcodes or markers
- Note all the addresses (except the spurious ones)
- Visit each address
But sometimes, that's just the raw memory you want to inspect.
- Let Monogams load the program in a dedicated space. So the search is restricted to the program area, hence faster and non-disturbing. Also, it wouldn't overwrite the first 128k, so we can still work with your own stuff.
- Inline search (e.g. go to prev/next occurrence in memory-view or disassemble mode, nothing to write down), allowing wildcards and smart searches (i.e. "who jumps to this address?" even with JR).
That's why I want to introduce the concept of clips, which could be:
The last one could be used to track variables in step-by-step debugging.
- A file
- A snapshot of a memory area
- Live view of a memory area.
Combined, 2/3 can be used to make a diff "before vs after".
Would we be interested by using that? By coding that?
Which interface would you like (e.g. syntax to define a clip?).
See TODO #FA: http://orgams.wikidot.com/todos#toc6
If some people wants to help me with that, there are some work than can be done from scratch (i.e. you don't have to touch orgams code).