News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

MPEG player

Started by BSC, 20:19, 09 April 22

Previous topic - Next topic

BSC

This post was started 8 days ago, but I forgot to click send, so here it is..
I have been working on an MPEG decoder and player for the CPC the last decades
and are close to releasing, but I need some support, preferably in the form of patreon.
So who want's to throw their money at me for a project that might never see the light?
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

ComSoft6128

Sounds interesting - what are the MPEGs stored on and what extra hardware is required?

Shining

Not interested at all cause I use this x265 player under CPM.
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

BSC

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 07:32, 10 April 22Sounds interesting - what are the MPEGs stored on and what extra hardware is required?
The MPEGs could be stored anywhere, this player is fully supportive of any upcoming hardware. 
And you don't need any hardware, the player is written in more than 100% hand-optimized ASM with 
a special GPU emulation layer to speed up the matrix multiplications and such.  
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

BSC

Quote from: Shining on 09:49, 10 April 22Not interested at all cause I use this x265 player under CPM.
That's a nice player, but can it 4k?

ComSoft6128

Quote from: BSC on 20:19, 09 April 22This post was started 8 days ago, but I forgot to click send, so here it is..
and are close to releasing, but I need some support, preferably in the form of patreon.
So who want's to throw their money at me for a project that might never see the light?

Ahh, so it was meant to have been sent on April the 1st....................

villain

Quote from: BSC on 20:19, 09 April 22This post was started 8 days ago, but I forgot to click send, so here it is..

I'm going to PM you the login for my bank account. So just take whatever you need!  ;D

m_dr_m

Would fund a webm player.

Skunkfish

Hi BSC,

My friend of mine at the BBC has told me that they are keen on running a feature on this for an technology special.

Would you be interested?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

BSC

Quote from: villain on 4/10/2022, 6:50:38 PMI'm going to PM you the login for my bank account. So just take whatever you need!  ;D

I took everything ('cause that's what I need), but 267€ will not help a lot :(

BSC

Quote from: Skunkfish on 16:38, 14 April 22Hi BSC,

My friend of mine at the BBC has told me that they are keen on running a feature on this for an technology special.

Would you be interested?
Absolutely! But they need to refund my expenses for travels and such in advance. 
10k shoud be ok for a start but tell them there'll surely be more after I went to the liquor store.

villain

Quote from: BSC on 17:05, 14 April 22Quote from: villain on 4/10/2022, 6:50:38 PMI'm going to PM you the login for my bank account. So just take whatever you need!  ;D

I took everything ('cause that's what I need), but 267€ will not help a lot :(
Sorry, my mistake. Wrong account... I had to pay my new old Riva boat and the down payment for my Cessna. Will PM you again...

BSC

Quote from: Skunkfish on 16:38, 14 April 22My friend of mine at the BBC has told me that they are keen on running a feature on this for an technology special.
Was this all talk, no action or are those peeps at BBC gonna transfer the money anytime soon?