News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

parados 1.1 commands help

Started by cherkasy, 23:06, 06 March 14

Previous topic - Next topic

cherkasy

Greetings. I have cartridge with Parados 1.1 , CPC 6128+ and 3,5 floppy via Parallel interface.

I can format 3,5 floppy disk (DD, from Amiga) - 138/700K, but how copy files via 3" to 3,5 or back ? I press COPY icon, but program not run this command. Thanks very much.

KaosOverride

I suppose you are at the |drive util. You have to Log the origin drive, select files and then use the copy option to copy to destination (same drive or the other one)

Edit: Give a try, is well explained at http://cpcrulez.fr/applications_disc_parados_help__ENGLISH.htm :)
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

cherkasy

Log the origin drive ? It's a A| or B| ? I use Parados utility. How made this ?

cherkasy

ok. I press |drive and see copy utility. Wow work fine ! And how commands exit to main menu ? If freeze work ?

KaosOverride

Opps, I edited my last post with the english manual :)

To exit, reset the CPC. Soft reset is ok, with Ctrl+Mayus+Esc

Well, if you modify the drives setup, you must exit with soft reset, if you turn power off and on, you lost the changes (number of tracks and sides) to defaults
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

cherkasy

cherkasy

Ok. Yesterday I can select drive a (3") or b (3,5") (commands |a, |b)

It's work fine. But after this I add HXC card and run it. Files loading from SD card, no problem.

Now I can format 3,5" floppy disk (as "B") via Parados v.1.1 utility. And I can copy files from A to B (via v.1.1 utility).
But, when I press |B I see system message "bad command". It's system message in AMSDOS and Parados.
CPM see 2 drives. But I can run only DIR commands for drive A (3").
Why problem with drive B and |B ? ??? Sorry for my stupid problem.

cherkasy

I post this on other cpc forum and peoples have similar problem, and no found solution ?

arnoldemu

CPC uses ready signal from drive to test if drive is ready.

Drive is ready if drive is selected by software, if the disc motor is turning and there is a disc in the drive.

Some cables force ready to always be active and ignores if there is a disc in the drive. This is a "hack". It works for drives that do not give correct ready signal.

I think this is your problem?

Can you show a photo of the cable used to connect your drive B?

Is there any modifications to the CPC for drive A?

Do you have a side-switch or drive switch?

If you do not have a disc in drive B and you type CAT and press RETURN does it show "Drive B : disc missing"?
Or "Bad command"?

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

cherkasy

Greetings.
It's standard ebay cable. I add photo to my message.
This cable have the filled-in settings as You see. I am no hardware man and use it as is.
This cable have switch, but I don't can use it. I don't any modifications of drive A. Disckit utility work with it, but if
I use drive B - retry, ignore, cancel...

I have 6128+. 3" bulit-in and 3,5 external.
I press F1, start AMSDOS via cartridge. I press CAT. It see by default - catalogue my 3", A disk. No problem.

If I press B| in AMSDOS or Parados cartridge, with no floppy disk or with disk I see message - "Bad command".

Drive B use only in Parados copying utility - format or copy from A(3") to B (3,5").

cherkasy

This problem begin after connect HXC card. I run via this card hfe files. But now after press command |B  - I don't see message - disk ready. And system not work with B drive (only Parados format or copy).

arnoldemu

Quote from: cherkasy on 17:27, 08 March 14
This problem begin after connect HXC card. I run via this card hfe files. But now after press command |B  - I don't see message - disk ready. And system not work with B drive (only Parados format or copy).

I see from your picture that the cable has a side switch and a drive switch.

I still think the problem is with the cable.

You need to try it with a cable that doesn't have these switches. A cable that has 2 connectors and ribbon cable between.

A good one I found is an old PC floppy drive cable. These work well. The ones with 5.25" connectors are also good.

Try one of these if you can find one.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

cherkasy

I have working Amstrad 6128+ and 3" internal and 3,5" ext. drive.
I use USB floppy and CPC DiscXP 2.5.x + parados 1.1 cartridge
Create
New - USB Floppy Compatible Formats - ROMDOS D1 720k
After this I add .dsk file and write it to my Amiga floppy disk.
I press |b, and see catalogue. For example is "viaje al". It's ok.
Why start game ? If I run RUN"disk or run"name game" than system say "bad command"

Also I have Amstrad 6128 via built-in 3,5" floppy as drive A. Same message from Amsdos.

May be another format ? Or I can see another disk structure files ? Where I can see tutorial about this operations ?
I see youtube video, but it don't work with my Amstrad  :'(