News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

project news screens for old games

Started by DARKGATE, 20:56, 28 December 13

Previous topic - Next topic

DARKGATE

:) Ok, start this my work, if all want this, my project is create new screens for old games with poor screen title.
When is ok i put the new image here, if someone can help me, better yet, write me, also with private message, i can look the saturday, of every week.

My first work will be "VICTORY ROAD", the original screen is poor.
Write title of games with poor screen, write here, thank you.
Do not underestimate the power of AMSTRAD CPC.

MacDeath

This is an activity we love here... it is called "Mockuping" and "retouching". ;)

CPCRULEZ &#9733 DEMOSCENE &#9733 DEMOSCENE GALLERY &#9733 STE'86 (STEVE DAY)

You can find a lot in many topics, just I can't find them all.
You are more than welcome in the process, please post a lot, you will always find someone able to add such intro screen into a dump of the game.
At CPCpower you can find some games patched to have alternate intro-screen (often the case with PLUS patches).

Anyway, could you do something with Xybot then ?

tastefulmrship

To start my stuffz off, here is my retouch of the MODE 1 Victory Road title screen (my MODE 0 work looks shyte and MacDeath's above is infinitly better) and an olde PacMania rework I did last year (there's also a rework of the MODE 1 screen as well, somewhere, but I prefer this one).

EDIT: I did do a MODE 0 VICTORY ROAD (based on the Amiga/Atari screen posted by MacDeath above) a while back, but it looked shyte as it needs a lot of work on the stipples! Attached after the HEWSON stuff, below.

MacDeath

This AtariST one is disgusting, lol... seems graphic artists couldn't do nothing with 320x200x16 at the time...

TFM

About Victory road.... imho I would suggest a complete redo. Because the way they hold the swords is against all martial arts practice. They hold arms in an total unnatural way. Looks like they break their bones or at least get crippled. Just hurts may sense of beauty. However - no doubt - the new screen is far better.

Now think about MODE 0 and swords crossing in a flat angle, that would be something ;-)

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

DARKGATE

:)   GOOD YEAR guys, the screen of victory road  by atari st  is horrible, very good pacmania, and that reworked of original screen for AMSTRAD is better, but i want a new screen with MODE 0, i'm thinking and i have some of good ideas, hope in  the next weeks of january of post the images or beta images, wait advice.
The swords are a good idea, but in the 8bit computers versions are disappears in the game, Memory problems? I don't know.

I can put on the screen only firearms if you want, or put however the swords.

MacDeath

should redo it from the original...

Sadly couldn't find a decent one on the internet.

Perhaps this one...

DARKGATE

Quote from: MacDeath on 00:19, 04 January 14
should redo it from the original...

Sadly couldn't find a decent one on the internet.

Perhaps this one...
:) Yes, i know, i'm started with this image, but i will  put news elements, if this work don't is good i try to edit everything. 

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

tastefulmrship

Some olde projects... the SPY VS SPY single-filer and I found my Hewson reworks; CYBERNOID 2, URIDIUM (retouched MODE 1) and DevilMarkus's RANARAMA. They are attached in the .dsk file as single-file loaders.

Devilmarkus

Didn't see the Spy vs. Spy screen yet.
Very well done!
Like it ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 16:14, 05 January 14
Didn't see the Spy vs. Spy screen yet.
Yeah, I found it a few days ago in one of my darker CPC directories and decided to overscan it, retouch it and Exomise it onto one file.

Here's a link to my Spellbound title screens - Converting a game to ROM - and LOTS of ROM files inside!

And, finally for now, I thought I'd posted my C64 loading screen recolours, but I've just checked through my attachments and I cannot find them, so I'll post them here. They're not great, but some of them could serve as replacements for the CPC ones. RUN"VIEWC64S" to start, press any key to load next screen... they wrap to the beginning once you've seen all the screens.

Gryzor

tastefulmrship

There was talk about MIDNIGHT RESISTANCE in another thread... so I thought I'd have a quick look and see if I could get something less blue, MODE 1 and obviously ripped from the Speccy! No prizes for guessing that I fecked it up... but here they are incase someone wants to spend a few seconds retouching them.

The top one is GiMPed from the Amiga screen and the bottom one is recoloured from the C64 screen.

robcfg

I really love the one converted from the amiga version sooooo much!...

Great work, sir!

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 15:45, 16 January 14

Yes, that's the better one, but how much colors does it use? I count nine, but may just miss the others.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

tastefulmrship

Quote from: robcfg on 15:45, 16 January 14
For those who want to keep the MODE 1 feel of the actual game... here's a MODE 1 version of the Amiga screen.
(GiMP patterned dither, then retouched a lot in MSPAINT)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: TFM on 18:38, 16 January 14

Yes, that's the better one, but how much colors does it use? I count nine, but may just miss the others.

I count 15: white, pastel yellow, yellow, pink, red, dark red, orange, green, bright green, grey, cyan, blue, bright blue, pastel blue, black

There could be another green variant hiding in there too.  It's a very good conversion.

NiNxPe

A lot of CPC screens that you can see too in the MusicMan3512 Facebook Page :

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/MusicMan3512

arnoldemu

Quote from: NiNxPe on 12:30, 17 January 14
A lot of CPC screens that you can see too in the MusicMan3512 Facebook Page :

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/MusicMan3512‎
"page not found" error from facebook :(

Another way to see this page?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

NiNxPe

Link is now ok or copy/paste URL

Gryzor

NiNxPe

One of my Favorite :

[attachimg=1]

tastefulmrship

I've found a "useful" site with a whole whack of C64 loading screens... a few of them could be used for CPC screens.
I'm tempted to do another compilation disk at some point (work permitting), but here are a few I've had some time to look at this evening!

EDIT: Surprisingly, the most impressive of the four six ten was the one that took the least time to recolour. In all, I'd say it looks fecking amazing as a CPC screen! If I get a few minutes, I'll try to redo the NINJA MASSACRE .dsk file.

EDIT: I'll try to find some C64 screens that MusicMan3512 hasn't already converted! ^_^