News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

project news screens for old games

Started by DARKGATE, 20:56, 28 December 13

Previous topic - Next topic

tastefulmrship

Because you can only post 10 images/files per post, I'm gonna do a sneaky double-post despite it being against forum etiquette. But, seeing as I don't even know what etiquette means, I'm doing it anyway in blind ignorance of what I am doing wrong!

Gryzor

Etiquette: the customary code of polite behaviour in society or among members of a particular profession or group.

I think you're in the clear :)

tastefulmrship

One more little batch of recoloured C64 images.

EDIT: I will not mention here that the PUFFY'S SAGA screen looks suspiciously like the Amiga/AtariST screen for FLIMBO'S QUEST. Oh, there's a couple of recolours of the C64 and Amiga screens for that somewhere around here, too!

Gryzor

* Gryzor loves. I don't even remember half the titles...

NiNxPe

...and for the fun too : MusicMan's old to plus screens :

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

TFM

They look worn out. CPC oG has the brighter colors.  :P
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

McKlain

The gryzor in-game screen looks like a NES game  :P

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Gryzor on 22:44, 23 January 14
I don't even remember half the titles...
I will confess that a lot of these screens are probably C64 only games and so never even made it to CPC. If, in future, someone wants to convert any of them, they can have a free, authentic-esque loading/title screen for it! ^_^

And so to another little batch of recolours. I might do one more batch after this one, as the screens that I have left are getting a little poor.

tastefulmrship

I forgot that I'd chucked a load of CPC recolour stuffz into PhotoBucket, too!
CPC Recolours Photos by tastefulmrship | Photobucket

There are some others as well in other libraries, but that collection was the main batch of recolours I did a while back.

Gryzor

Winners don't use C64s... Had to lol at this :D

DARKGATE

:( Hi guys, i'm sorry but the work on screen for VICTORY ROAD is broken for now, my real life give me time problems, the project is postpone, when i found a lot of time and complete the work, post here the new screen, excuse me, at the next time.  ;)
Do not underestimate the power of AMSTRAD CPC.

Gryzor

No problem mate, wishing you the best, we'll be here when you're back!

tastefulmrship

I got bored waiting for gigs of internet pr0n to download, so I recoloured a few more C64 screens.
There are still a load in my directory and my pr0n supplier just released gigs more... so...

tastefulmrship

10 more recolours... they are getting a little poor, now, but I'm trying to change the palettes up (slightly) to include non-C64 colours.

tastefulmrship

They're getting a bit crap now... and I'm struggling to find anything even worth recolouring.
Anyway, here's another small batch of title screens in CPC colours.

SyX

I feel is a shame only being able to see this picture in this thread. Could you make a nice slideshow for being able to see them in the real CPC?

It doesn't need to be something complex, only show one screen, load the next, transition fx and start again. It could be a nice little project for testing routines for making transitions (having 3 or 4 and select in random order).

And of course, if you need help with the code, i'm sure that me and others can improvise a few routines for helping. What do you think? ;)

ralferoo

Quote from: SyX on 15:59, 05 April 14
I feel is a shame only being able to see this picture in this thread. Could you make a nice slideshow for being able to see them in the real CPC?
If you wait a couple of couple of weeks (until after Revision basically), who knows what Santa The Easter Bunny might bring you... ;)

SyX

Quote from: ralferoo on 06:50, 06 April 14
If you wait a couple of couple of weeks (until after Revision basically), who knows what Santa The Easter Bunny might bring you... ;)
And don't forget my chocolate, Easter Bunny :P

Gryzor

I'm bashing on the Like button here.

Ooh Menace. One of the best box covers from the era, I think. I was stupid enough to actually butcher the box in order to put it on my bedroom wall...

tastefulmrship

I've finally spent a few minutes getting some of those great C64 pictures from the X-2014 Graphics Compo to the CPC palette. There were a few that were pretty obvious and some that needed a bit more thought. Anyway, enjoy (if you want...)

All original images can be viewed from CSDB - [CSDb] - X'2014 (24 - 26 October 2014)

tastefulmrship

And to finish this thread (for me), the few C64 game title screens I had left in my "working" directory.

EDIT: Ooops! Images were too small! ^_^

Gryzor

tastefulmrship

I guess I am just a creature of habit. When pr0n takes too long to download, one's idle hands turn to pixels... and their inevitable recolouring!
This first batch is of PSYTRONIK games, so a big apology to STE as a lot of these are his original works.

Shall we?

tastefulmrship

And finally, before Chrimbo, a few little titles I had floating around in various directories. Yes, my boredom extends to checking old directories on HDs I thought were dead... and nearly are in some cases.

Anyway, less talk more pixels, no?

Carnivius

How odd.  I was really liking that Commando one and it hit me... it looks like I've unintentionally homaged it even though I never seen it before. 

Guy in center from waist up holding gun on right side of screen.  One half of background in reds, other half in blues, frickin' big 'COMMANDO' logo along the bottom?

It's giving the impression I created a futuristic sequel to the original Commando (when actually they're two completely different and unrelated games).
STE's background work is better.  He managed to fit actual scenes whereas I just did 'spacey crap' in the gaps.   I have been thinking of reowrking my image and making extra space on the sides though to make it a 320 width pic rather than 256 since the game itself is now 320 pixels wide but it would involve a loooootttt of rejigging composition stuff...  Although I would like to simply put a bit of distance between the two characters so that would help.

Was STE the best loading image artist?   Cos from what I've seen of his images he sure seems to be.  Often produces stunning work (and quite often to games you then get disappointed with cos the in-game art bydifferent artists looks nowhere near as good).
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife