News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

project news screens for old games

Started by DARKGATE, 20:56, 28 December 13

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

The best was Mark K. Jones.
But it should be you, the day you stop create mockups for working on real CPC games.  :-*
(understanding that making fake CPC games running on PC is worst than using CPC with RAM expansions)

By the way, amazing picture that remember me the Metroid Corruption cover.  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Carnivius

Quote from: TotO on 11:50, 14 December 14
The best was Mark K. Jones.
But it should be you, the day you stop create mockups for working on real CPC games.  :-*

Nah, those guys are better than me with loading screens (I much prefer doing sprites).  I'm having a hell of a time coming up with one for RoboCop: Prime (I really want to do something that isn't just a copy of a movie screenshot or poster.  I've been posing my action figures to try get some ideas  ;) ). 
And what mockups?  They are real playable games, they're just being developed on PC first cos that's what I know how make games on, I wouldn't have a clue how to code them on CPC.  That's up the real CPC coders once I'm done.  :)

(understanding that making fake CPC games running on PC is worst than using CPC with RAM expansions)

I don't even know what that means.   I'm using actual CPC games as guidelines (RoboCop Prime is mostly based on the original RoboCop game but if it was created for 128k and floppy disk)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TFM

He means that you write stuff that looks like CPC, but it runs only on the PC. And yes, why the PC? For writing a game on the PC I would use all it's power, as I use all the CPC's power to write games for the CPC.
I do understand that you learnt how to write stuff for the PC and not for the CPC, so you go for this platform. But there is just no gain for CPC users that way.  :-X
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Wait - that's Comic Sans in the Holiday Cops screen? No wonder we had a server crash!!!

Lovely jobs, mate, thanks for sharing :)

As for the CPC-PC question... Seriously, again? This has been done to death before... It's because he *wants* to, period, let's not go into it again.

NiNxPe

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

ZbyniuR

I never seen sooo many and sooo gorgeous pictures for Amstrad at once in one place.
Thank you for that  SuTeKH/Epyteor and NiNxPe. :)

Finger hurts me after continuous clicking to save. :D

In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

Gryzor

NiNxPe

Some of screens could be integrated in .cpr converstion... ;)

dodogildo

Captain Blood is so cool.
I'm very much into doing some screens myself :)
I understand the easiest way is working on Photoshop with a special CPC index palette. On the other hand it would be more cool to work on actual CPC with Art Studio etc.. What do you suggest?

Planning to do my version of Commando, which is for some stupid reason one of my favorite games in almost all retro platforms, lol.
M'enfin!

VincentGR

Quote from: dodogildo on 22:19, 08 February 16
I'm very much into doing some screens myself :)
I understand the easiest way is working on Photoshop with a special CPC index palette. On the other hand it would be more cool to work on actual CPC with Art Studio etc.. What do you suggest?

Planning to do my version of Commando, which is for some stupid reason one of my favorite games in almost all retro platforms, lol.

With photoshop you can make miracles on the cpc as they do to many demos nowdays also on C64.
But it looks "unnatural", I would go with art studio (need a mouse  :picard: ) for the original feeling  ;D

||C|-|E||

We use Photoshop for our adventure because Dani is a graphics artist that professionally employs this tool everyday. I just basically told him the limitations of the Mode 1, gave him the info about the color palette and he did the rest :). This approach works extremely well in his hands, but probably the feeling is better with Art Studio, as Vicent says  :D

NiNxPe

dodogildo

Quote from: VincentGR on 00:02, 09 February 16
I would go with art studio (need a mouse  :picard: ) for the original feeling  ;D

That's the main reason I got myself @talrek 's Dk'tronics mouse interface clone and found a Genius mouse :)
Let's get on work and see if this hunger for the "original feeling" will prove itself a torture or not, after using photoshop on all kind of workstations for almost 20 years :)

M'enfin!

Ast

Try to use iMPdraw Instead of art studio. IMPdraw Will allow you to draw your pictures in fullscreen. (Mode 0 & Cpc old only for the moment)

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

gerald

Quote from: NiNxPe on 02:28, 09 February 16
one more...

[attachimg=1]
Why did you stretch it on the horizontal axis ?
It's more fat than wonder  ::)

TFM

Quote from: gerald on 11:36, 09 February 16
Why did you stretch it on the horizontal axis ?
It's more fat than wonder  ::)

Well, personally I never liked that pic of this two brats. The pic as the game need a complete redo on CPC. If somebody wants to do the GFX I can provide my Giana Sisters engine for it.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

remax

Quote from: dodogildo on 22:19, 08 February 16

Would only need a bit of refactoring of the font :)
Brain Radioactivity

NiNxPe

TotO

Nice work. But may be too fast... You forget to recolor many pixels and some 1:1 to 2:1 ratio was not properly done.
You left a wrong black colour too, that made your picture able to look beter with 16 instead of 15.
About the cyan usage, it is not ok. Will look better using gray instead...  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

||C|-|E||

NiNxPe

One in Overscan with Lucky Luke :

[attachimg=1]

Gryzor

TotO

You don't plane to fix the Rygar picture problems?
About the palette you are using, it is not CPC OLD but PLUS.  ;D

NiNxPe

...to be sure have Old colors I save a bmp with ConvImgCPC in Old mode.
and finaly, save a .png
what's wrong TotO ?