News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

read/write sectors in dsk or edsk

Started by arnoldemu, 10:57, 28 July 10

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldemu

Is there a command-line tool which will read/write sectors in dsk or edsk?

I want to be able to give the tool a file and it will write it sector by sector to the dsk.
or, to tell it to read sectors and put them into a file.

any ideas?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Targhan

Yep, Ramlaid has made a wonderful tool call CpcManageDsk (Windows only), which I guess is unreleased. Orion Prime couldn't have been made without it. PM me if you're interested (contact at julien-nevo dot com). Maybe I should press him to put ramlaid.com online again...
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

Ok, please, PLEASE do release it! Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

arnoldemu

Quote from: Targhan on 09:04, 30 July 10
Yep, Ramlaid has made a wonderful tool call CpcManageDsk (Windows only), which I guess is unreleased. Orion Prime couldn't have been made without it. PM me if you're interested (contact at julien-nevo dot com). Maybe I should press him to put ramlaid.com online again...
you have e-mail ;)
My games. My Games

archcosmo

arnoldemu

For other peoples info: Ramlaid's cpcdskmanager tool will format a dsk and let you put data onto it, but it doesn't (yet?) read data from a dsk to a file.
My games. My Games

Executioner

There is also a version of the write direct command for WinAPE assembler which will allow you to write sectors directly from your assembler source, but nothing to read them :)

arnoldemu

Quote from: Executioner on 06:33, 23 August 10
There is also a version of the write direct command for WinAPE assembler which will allow you to write sectors directly from your assembler source, but nothing to read them :)
Well I am thinking of either extending cpcxfs (but then this is mostly file related) or modifying a really old tool I have from 2001 for doing this job.

I need to use the tool because I want to format a dsk, write some sectors for "CAT art".
I needed it because when I got the "CAT art" it was also itself on a dsk and needed extracting ;)
My games. My Games