News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

RODOS

Started by zhulien, 20:31, 08 March 23

Previous topic - Next topic

zhulien

Does anyone use RODOS?  Does anyone have a tutorial on how to use it?  Are there any benefits of using it these days in addition to e.g. UniDOS?

cormacj

It's mostly just useful if you want a linux like RSX command structure. You can |cd,|md,|rm etc

The benefit of rodos was that on actual hardware you could easily use a 720k drive without too much hacking. It supports stranges format and its own format isn't compatible with anything else.

I largely use it for its filesystem. The rest of the rom commands are mostly replicated in a rom called Utopia.

Downside to RODOS is that it really sucks a bunch of ram and causes a lot of applications to not work correctly.

zhulien

looking in the manual it looks like it can work with other DOSs, Unidos? AMSDOS? and it says it has harddrive support? is just like a utils ROM that sits on top of the other DOS?

the manual to me is not very well written and hard to follow.

xesrjb

Quote from: zhulien on 14:16, 22 November 23looking in the manual it looks like it can work with other DOSs, Unidos? AMSDOS? and it says it has harddrive support? is just like a utils ROM that sits on top of the other DOS?

Could you publish the manual here, please?

xesrjb 
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

zhulien

Quote from: xesrjb on 20:07, 22 November 23
Quote from: zhulien on 14:16, 22 November 23looking in the manual it looks like it can work with other DOSs, Unidos? AMSDOS? and it says it has harddrive support? is just like a utils ROM that sits on top of the other DOS?
Could you publish the manual here, please?
xesrjb
https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/RODOS