News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

RoutePlanner

Started by Nich, 17:59, 03 October 22

Previous topic - Next topic

Nich

@chinnyhill10 posted a video last week on YouTube about RoutePlanner - an application written by @ChaRleyTroniC (Richard Fairhurst) to plan journeys around Great Britain.

I remember getting a demo version on an Amstrad Action covertape and being highly impressed by it (although I didn't actually buy it, since it didn't include any data for Northern Ireland, where I lived). Nearly 30 years after its release, I still think it's an amazing feat to get such an application to fit on a CPC.

Gryzor

Been meaning to watch this. I had seen the demo back in the day myself and was in awe really, though I had absolutely no use for it... 

Prodatron

This is one of the most impressive "non usual" apps for its time I have seen on the CPC so far.
I never had a deeper look into the "graph theory", but it doesn't seem to be trivial. Crazy that CRTC made it working on the CPC years before car navigation systems and google maps.
Thanks for the video!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Skunkfish

I remember playing with the demo version on the AA covertape, but never tried the full thing. Being 11 at the time I didn't have too much use for it... (although thinking of myself back then, I would probably have insisted we used it for any family trips)
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

chinnyhill10

Before I added this post, this entire web page was 1.7 megabytes. Routeplanner is about 90k!
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube