News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SID tracker / player on CPC (non plus)

Started by BSC, 13:35, 05 November 13

Previous topic - Next topic

McKlain

Quote from: BSC on 10:18, 18 November 13

Done! Have a look at Reply #6

I've tested the DSK on CPCE and Winape and it's empty  ???

BSC

Quote from: McKlain on 10:33, 18 November 13

Holy crap! You are right! :O I have just uploaded another version (anyway I was wondering about the incredibly small zip file - stoopid finder ..)
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

TFM

Ok, download works now.  :)

Just an idea: Include keyboard description on screen, there is enough room left.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

BSC

Quote from: tastefulmrship on 08:09, 16 November 13
Can't you just attach it to a post? If the file is only a small .sna file (even zipped), then it shouldn't be a problem.
There's an "Attachments and other options" button under the text-edit box. Click the '+' icon and then the "Browse" button.

Thanks for the hint, btw.  I was looking for a way to attach a file but somehow overlooked it (too bad it's below the text box while
every other post related buttons etc. are above it..)
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Gryzor

Yeah, it's because it's part of the "Other options" section which is pretty big and collapsible (since it doesn't need to be in the way for most of the posts), and it's got a few things of its own going on...

BSC

What do you guys think? I have seen some downloads, so some of you must have tried it out..?

TFM

I tried it and it seems to work. It would be great if you can put a list of the key shortcuts on screen. At the right hand on the screen there would be enough space for that. This would make entry of data more quick. Also any kind of manual would be appreciated.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Devilmarkus

Quote from: TFM on 18:31, 26 November 13
It would be great if you can put a list of the key shortcuts on screen. At the right hand on the screen there would be enough space for that. This would make entry of data more quick. Also any kind of manual would be appreciated.  :)

+1 that.

Really: Actually, I don't even know how to handle it... ;)
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

BSC

I tried it and it seems to work.

Great.. Well done!

It would be great if you can put a list of the key shortcuts on screen. At the right hand on the screen there would be enough space for that. This would make entry of data more quick. Also any kind of manual would be appreciated.  :)

You need a manual for a software that you just try out? This is, I think I mentioned it before, just a demo, a proof of concept, an early alpha. I provided a list of keys etc. in another post. If you seriously want to test it, how about having that post next to you emulator window?

BSC

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 15:47, 27 November 13
+1 that.

Really: Actually, I don't even know how to handle it... ;)

I posted a short manual with a list of keys earlier in this thread.

Devilmarkus

I more meant that in general. Doesnt matter if it is a demo or a final program.

Taking a quick look @ my CPC screen is more comfortable than always checking in the forum for the most needed hotkeys.

Sure, testing could be done with an emulator. But we all know, not many emulators sound very accurate ;)

BSC

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 19:27, 28 November 13
I more meant that in general. Doesnt matter if it is a demo or a final program.

Taking a quick look @ my CPC screen is more comfortable than always checking in the forum for the most needed hotkeys.

Sure, testing could be done with an emulator. But we all know, not many emulators sound very accurate ;)

I don't really see your problem here. You got all the commands / keys. This is a demo, no comfort or batteries included..

I for one do not know that emulator sound is not accurate. Even though I have made and listened to a lot of CPC music on the real thing,
I have not yet had the impression that any recent emulator had inaccuracies that I could hear. Your sense of hearing might be superior, though...

BSC

Here's another disk image containing the demo (run"sid.bas") that I used to produce the first demo I provided to soundcloud.
Just run the file an press ENTER to start playback. Alternatively, you can jam using the well-known manuals starting at Y and Q.

I felt that some people were in doubt whether this was really produced on a CPC (well, an emulated one actually).. If anyone is
able to transfer that to the real machine AND make a recording (maybe without (lossy) compression), that would be great!
I listened to it on my 6128 a while ago (without recording it, though) and it sounded "warmer" than in my emulator.

Devilmarkus

Quote from: BSC on 17:56, 26 November 13
What do you guys think? I have seen some downloads, so some of you must have tried it out..?

Quote from: BSC on 22:40, 30 November 13
I don't really see your problem here. You got all the commands / keys. This is a demo, no comfort or batteries included..

You asked, some people replied. That's all.

Listened to your demo. Sounds very nice. Can't wait until I can hear a complete track. ;)

BSC

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 10:05, 01 December 13
You asked, some people replied. That's all.

Yeah, but I didn't ask for feature requests.. even more so when a "feature request" is mainly due to laziness :-P

Quote from: Devilmarkus on 10:05, 01 December 13
Listened to your demo. Sounds very nice. Can't wait until I can hear a complete track. ;)

Thanks! I will post more when there's more..

BSC

Quote from: Jonah (Tasteful Mr) Ship on 08:46, 09 November 13
Please understand that just because only one person has responded so far that the rest of us are not interested. I, for one, am fascinated by this thread and applaud your work so far. It is absolutely fabulous and I can see myself spending many, many hours converting SID tunes to CPC with more than just 1 "pulse" sound.

A few people here are helping me to create another one of my "shyte musicdisks" (ie just a bunch of badly converted .mod and .sid files to STarkos tracker) and it would be amazing to have a "proper" SID tune in there, as well, running on a CPCnorm.

In short; to both BSC and redbox; please, please, please... keep up the great work you're doing and develop the best SID-voice tracker possible!

On behalf of everyone else who has read & followed this thread, thank you.
- JTMS.

Hi tasteful Mr Ship,

a late reply, I know... I think any music disk making use of a new SID/AHX engine on the CPC would be a cool product. And it might also arouse interest in other musicians that might not have heard of it thus far. So, if you like, I'll keep you in the loop when a new / useful version of AYAY will be ready - which might take a while, though..

Thanks for your support![size=78%] [/size]

BSC

Quote from: McKlain on 10:33, 18 November 13

Hey McKlain!

Could you download the latest disk image? Could you get some sounds out of it?

McKlain

Quote from: BSC on 10:11, 11 December 13

Hey McKlain!

Could you download the latest disk image? Could you get some sounds out of it?

Yep, I've been fiddling around with the instruments and parameters, I'm just waiting till the pattern section plays the pattern  ;D

Gotta say that it sounds (pun intended) promising.

BSC

Quote from: McKlain on 11:09, 11 December 13
Yep, I've been fiddling around with the instruments and parameters, I'm just waiting till the pattern section plays the pattern  ;D

Gotta say that it sounds (pun intended) promising.

The pattern section does already work (a bit). You can even create multiple patterns
that get played in sequence. Press ctrl N to create a new pattern while in pattern mode,
ctrl (or shift?) cursor left/right to switch patterns. The same keys that you can use to jam
can be used to enter notes, del to delete a row, shift (or ctrl?) cursor up/down to jump up/down.
Space to play, ESC to stop.

Not yet a full-flegded professional DAW, but you can play around with it already :)

ultrasyd

Thanks for the update about that tracker BSC !
Gonna try it as soon as possible. The list of shortchuts should be enough to find a way to make something.
Greetings !

BSC

Hi everyone and a lagged happy new year by the way!

I have made some progress with the track editor and recorded a small demo that I wanted to share with you.
Like a little tiny small foretaste at my personal 30-years-anniversary present to my beloved grey friend :)

Sid3 by Carl Carbunckel on SoundCloud - Hear the world's sounds

McKlain

redbox

That sounds really good, excellent resolution on the sounds.

What type of waveforms are you using on each channel?

TFM

Yes, it sounds really well. Good work BSC.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

arnoldemu

just listened to it, and it's great!
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource