News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

STarKos - needing help getting started!

Started by Xyphoe, 11:35, 20 October 12

Previous topic - Next topic

McKlain

Quote from: Xyphoe on 08:10, 22 August 13
I haven't really got the hang of 'instruments' and how they're constructed, I often find with the sample ones I'm getting weird cross overs and distortions with other instruments, or they suck at certain octaves. But I'm learning.

Most of your crossovers and distortion problems come from using hard sounds in several channels at once. I would recommend you to stick to "normal" sounds until you master them.

Xyphoe

Quote from: McKlain on 13:33, 13 September 13
You can "mix" the bass and drums in one channel if needed. Also for the chords, the most usual thing is to use arpeggios to save channels.
A quick example:

Oh McKlain .... that's awesome!  :o I think you've cracked it and well... I can't see how much more I could improve on that!!!  :D

Do you mind if I use this? I was making it as a short intro for my YouTube videos.

Over time though I will use the basis of this and possibly finish the whole song :)

McKlain

Of course, go ahead!. And don't mind making changes of your own to the song, I think that there is a lot of room for improvement on it :)

Xyphoe

Quote from: McKlain on 08:39, 18 September 13
Of course, go ahead!. And don't mind making changes of your own to the song, I think that there is a lot of room for improvement on it :)

Thanks! :)

And what else do you think could be improved upon specifically?

redbox

Quote from: Xyphoe on 03:37, 18 September 13
Do you mind if I use this? I was making it as a short intro for my YouTube videos.

Hey Xyphoe, it would make my day/week/month/year/life if you did a Subtera Puzlo video :)

Xyphoe

Quote from: redbox on 09:31, 18 September 13
Hey Xyphoe, it would make my day/week/month/year/life if you did a Subtera Puzlo video :)

Ooh, what's that? Sorry I'm really out the loop at present!!!  :-[

redbox

Quote from: Xyphoe on 02:07, 19 September 13
Ooh, what's that? Sorry I'm really out the loop at present!!!  :-[

EgoTrip and I entered the game in the 16kb ROM Competition.

Xyphoe

Quote from: redbox on 07:26, 19 September 13
EgoTrip and I entered the game in the 16kb ROM Competition.

Oh yes I heard about that and I think I saw some brief video clips!

Yea I need to get round to that, and one about that recent Zombie game that is awesome too!
I just need to get this damn 300th video special out the way. Keep procrastinating with it!

redbox

Quote from: Xyphoe on 07:28, 19 September 13
Oh yes I heard about that and I think I saw some brief video clips!
Yea I need to get round to that, and one about that recent Zombie game that is awesome too!
I just need to get this damn 300th video special out the way. Keep procrastinating with it!

Ah, good luck with the 300th video!

Your videos were in part what inspired me to do more coding because I watched them to look at techniques etc and really enjoyed them.

So to see one for my first CPC game would be awesome :)

McKlain

Quote from: Xyphoe on 08:40, 18 September 13
Thanks! :)

And what else do you think could be improved upon specifically?

Well, make it more like an 8 bit cover and not just an 8 bit recreation of the song. More arpeggios, effects, adding the drum rolls, etc etc.  :)