Symbos, can't seem to get multiplay mouse to work

Started by Scarlettkitten, 00:36, 12 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlettkitten

Anyone else had problems getting an amiga mouse to work with the multiplay card and symbos?

setup:
6128plus
m4
xmem
playcity
multiplay
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

Poliander

Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

Poliander

I had a really rough time even starting SymbOS 3.0 but finally managed to get to the desktop on my 6128. Well, in case the Multiplay/Amiga mouse setup is expected to work straight out of the box - it did not work for me, either. Perhaps @Prodatron has an idea?

EDIT: I typed in the code from this thread and found that my mouse is perfectly working (but must be plugged into the "B" port!)

10 MODE 2:BORDER 0
20 s=1:'sensitivity can also be fractional
30 w=80:h=25
40 x=w*0.5:y=h*0.5
50 LOCATE x,y:PRINT"*":
60 xp=x:yp=y
70 xo=INP(&F994):yo=INP(&F995):a=INP(&F991)
80 IF xo>7 THEN xo=xo-255
90 IF yo>7 THEN yo=yo-255
100 x=x+xo*s
110 y=y+yo*s
120 LOCATE 1,1:IF a AND 16 THEN PRINT"LEFT  " ELSE IF a AND 32 THEN PRINT"RIGHT "ELSE IF a AND 64 THEN PRINT"MIDDLE" ELSE PRINT"      "
130 IF x<1 THEN x=1
140 IF x>w THEN x=w
150 IF y<1 THEN y=1
160 IF y>h THEN y=h
170 IF x<>xp OR y<>yp THEN FRAME:LOCATE xp,yp:PRINT" ";:LOCATE x,y:PRINT"*";
180 GOTO 60
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

Scarlettkitten

Anyone managed to get this working yet? :)
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

zhulien

TotO

I have provided the MultiPlay to Prodatron in 2017 to add the support into SymbOS and as I remember, it was OK.
May be something goes wrong if not on port B? I will ask him at the Revision, if no answer since.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

zhulien

It's odd.  It says in the Symbos 3 manual that Amiga mouses are supported using Multi-Play and that Playcity is also supported for sound, but so far I haven't gotten them to work.

Maybe there is another version 3?

zhulien

I think I found a pattern which might make things easier for @Prodatron - the mouse buttons work, the mouse movement only works if dragging something.

To reproduce, using the cursors, move to the titlebar of a window (because mouse doesn't most anything).  Once the cursor is on the titlebar of a window, left mousebutton and you can move the window.

You can move ICONs too, but if you aren't in 'move something mode', the mouse won't move.

Prodatron

Ops, at least it was working in the past  :o
Sounds like, if it only checks for movements, if a button has been pressed as well. I will try to set up it here later today, first I have to find an Amiga mouse again.

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Prodatron

Thanks for the hint, it is a little bit embarrassing, that this could happen!
The driver was working, but it didn't update the mouse cursor itself (only visible, when you move it with copy+cursor), as a flag wasn't updated. Somehow I broke it when 3.0 was released.
It's fixed now, and you can find a 3.1 beta version (nearly finished; multiplay prio means, the driver is always selected; the other means, that it is only selected if there is no sf2/albireo/sf3 detected) in the attachment with working Amiga mouse.
If someone can test it, it would be nice to get a feedback.

zhulien

I will see if I can test sf2 and sf3 in the next day or two. Besides those when they are not connected, 3.1 is working well with Multiplay.

Prodatron

Thanks, zhulien!I tested the SF2 in WinApe and the SF3 in real, and the new version seems to work fine with all different combinations.Anyway, if you find something strange, please tell me.

zhulien

Is the crashing irc client related to the mouse driver?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Prodatron on 20:28, 25 October 21
Thanks for the hint, it is a little bit embarrassing, that this could happen!
The driver was working, but it didn't update the mouse cursor itself (only visible, when you move it with copy+cursor), as a flag wasn't updated. Somehow I broke it when 3.0 was released.
It's fixed now, and you can find a 3.1 beta version (nearly finished; multiplay prio means, the driver is always selected; the other means, that it is only selected if there is no sf2/albireo/sf3 detected) in the attachment with working Amiga mouse.
If someone can test it, it would be nice to get a feedback.
Just saw this today. and I can confirm it works perfectly. One quick request... WOudl it be possible to use the first MultiPlay port (Left hand port) as this is the one used by Arkanoid and forever swapping the mouse over between the 2 ports is VERY C64ish ;)

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

GUNHED

Yes, good idea! A simple control panel would be nice. Just to switch MultiPlay on or off and to decide if there is a mouse or joystick at left or right plug. Should be quickly doable.  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Prodatron

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:22, 24 November 21
WOudl it be possible to use the first MultiPlay port (Left hand port) as this is the one used by Arkanoid and forever swapping the mouse over between the 2 ports is VERY C64ish ;)
I choosed the right hand port as for most humans the mouse is usually on the right side :)
Is port A the standard port for other applications?
I will think about a solution, which auto-switches to the other port.

Prodatron

@CraigsBar, can you try this?It will switch to the other port if there is a mouse connected and you press the left mouse button. In this way you can even "hot" swap the mouse from one to the other port.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Prodatron on 17:51, 24 November 21
@CraigsBar, can you try this?It will switch to the other port if there is a mouse connected and you press the left mouse button. In this way you can even "hot" swap the mouse from one to the other port.

Dude!!! That is AWESOME! yes it works perfectly. :) Thank you so much for the speedy enhancement

CraigsBar

@GUNHED

Now that I can have a mouse permanently plugged into the left port for Symbos and Arkanoid. Is there any chance of a patch (Or a new DSK image) for the retail AmsDOS version of those "Space Chickens" to use this new mouse?

Please.....

Hahahahah
Craig

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:50, 24 November 21

Dude!!! That is AWESOME! yes it works perfectly. :) Thank you so much for the speedy enhancement

And I have just noticed something... Does the M4 Internet clock now set the time and date in Symbos? If so that to is amazing. thank you again @Prodatron

Prodatron

Yes, that's true  :D
I should finish 3.1 very soon, so that all these stuff is sorted and officially released finally.

GUNHED

Quote from: Prodatron on 23:16, 24 November 21
Yes, that's true  :D
I should finish 3.1 very soon, so that all these stuff is sorted and officially released finally.
That would be a nice X-Mas present for sure.
Or the 'first serious release 2022'
Both sound well.
Good luck!  :) :) :)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

GUNHED

Sorry to get offtopic here...

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:53, 24 November 21
@GUNHED
Now that I can have a mouse permanently plugged into the left port for Symbos and Arkanoid. Is there any chance of a patch (Or a new DSK image) for the retail AmsDOS version of those "Space Chickens" to use this new mouse?
Actually it does support both MultiPlay joysticks (not mice). I already have a cable at home, just need to cut and solder it, then put my Atari-mouse at the new adaptor. Then test if supporting OS functions etc do work. But time goes by so quick. So it will take a while, but I put it up on my 2DO list. Thanks for your interest.  :) :) :)