News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

ROMAN 2

Started by CraigsBar, 23:29, 20 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

radu14m

it"s wierd.

Every ROM file that i try give me that corrupted screen.
There is one exception: only ROMAN.ROM file i'am able to write in all ROM locations :)

I try a lot of ROM images, no luck.

TotO

I test each board before shipping them. All with FW3.1x-EN.
The |HELP command display ROM0=BASIC, ROM1=FWEXP, ROM7=CPM. The others slots are empty.

radu14m, as you can see you are able to program all the slots (I see the extra CPM at ROM8/9 too), so the flash chip should not be defective.
If you got random garbages and strange program behavior, please, clean you expansion connector with 70° alcohol + cotton stabs on both sides, then plug and unplug 3/4 times the edge connector.

After that, run INIT then INSTALL to process again to the X-MEM default configuration.
Start the FLASHER program from the X-MEM floppy and post a screenshot on the X-MEM topic to continue the discussion at the good place.

Thank you. :)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Obviously ROMAM is a virus which spreads over all empty ROM slots.  :P

Shall I write some anti virus software for the CPC?  :laugh:

Quote from: radu14m on 08:11, 27 September 14should i use another ROM utilities ?

Of course, take that here:
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/ROManager_1.87.zip
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus