The big ROM poll - please vote for your future :-)

Started by TFM, 19:12, 22 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Select nine ROMs which you like to have on your disc with your ROM management software

MAXAM 1.14
2 (9.1%)
MAXAM 1.5
10 (45.5%)
PROTEXT
13 (59.1%)
PROTEXT MAILMERGE
4 (18.2%)
PROTEXT SPELLCHECKER
2 (9.1%)
PROTEXT HELP ROM
1 (4.5%)
BCPL
1 (4.5%)
DOSCOPY
4 (18.2%)
HXC ROM 2.5
2 (9.1%)
HXC ROM 3.0
10 (45.5%)
RDOS RAM DISC
3 (13.6%)
X-DDOS 1.17
0 (0%)
X-DDOS 2.10
3 (13.6%)
VaraDOS (that's ParaDOS with Vortex support)
2 (9.1%)
ParaDOS
5 (22.7%)
Comstar (1 of 2)
0 (0%)
Comstar (2 of 2)
0 (0%)
CP/M Plus (1 of 2)
10 (45.5%)
CP/M Plus (2 of 2)
9 (40.9%)
DES (1 of 2)
2 (9.1%)
DES (1 of 2)
2 (9.1%)
DeskRoyal
0 (0%)
OCP (1 of 3)
4 (18.2%)
OCP (2 of 3)
3 (13.6%)
OCP (3 of 2)
3 (13.6%)
Utopia
11 (50%)
Starkos (1 of 2)
3 (13.6%)
Starkos (2 of 2)
3 (13.6%)
Starkos Generator
1 (4.5%)
Time ROM
1 (4.5%)
Discology (1 of 2)
11 (50%)
Discology (2 of 2)
11 (50%)
ParaDOS 1.2
4 (18.2%)
ParaDOS 1.2+
5 (22.7%)
Multi Mark 1.2
3 (13.6%)
CP/M Accessory ROM 1
2 (9.1%)
CP/M Accessory ROM 2
2 (9.1%)
Harrier Attack game ROM
4 (18.2%)
Axiens
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

TFM

There are several expansion cards which provide ROM space: The RRB, SF2, MegaFlash, FlashGordon and eventually the X-MEM. For all this expansions you have your favorite ROMs.

Now, please tell which of these ROMs you would like to see on your disc with your ROM management software. I will take this information for ROManager 1.87 (which shall be released very, very soon). But also everybody else can take this data to supply the most desired ROMs for the community on disc immediately.

On a 3" disc I can put nine ROMs (16 KB each) with the ROManager. Please select nine ROMs you would like to have on your disc.[nb]If your ROM is not listed, please post its name and I will add it to the poll.[/nb]
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Carnivius

Dang.  I clicked on this cos it said something about my future?   But I don't know what any of this means.  ???
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

TFM

Well, if you have a ROM expansion, then please vote for your favorite ROMs. So you will get them on disc with your favorite tool.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

Thanks to Gryzor the poll is fixed.

Please vote for your favorite ROM, so we can provide them on disc with ROM management software or make a nice compilation which is nice for everybody.

If you lack your favorite ROM here please post it's name and I will add it to the poll.

Thank you for your help.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Executioner

Just to let you know, I'm very close to releasing ParaDOS 1.2 and ParaDOS 1.2+, just need to do some more testing and squeeze some better ESC handling code into the last 9 bytes.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Executioner on 01:37, 24 September 14
Just to let you know, I'm very close to releasing ParaDOS 1.2 and ParaDOS 1.2+, just need to do some more testing and squeeze some better ESC handling code into the last 9 bytes.
excellent news. Was there enough space to change the trigger from |drive so it plays nicely with the silicon disc in fw 3.15?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Kris

I often use the Multi Mark 1.2a ROM so to check 3" floppy; it could be interesting to add it (I assume I'm not alone to use it :)  )
Thanks

CraigsBar

TFM

Quote from: Executioner on 01:37, 24 September 14

Thanks for the update, of course we'll care about the new versions then. Will you support Vortex Format?[nb]Sorry, for bringing that up again. I'm sure you can't hear the word Vortex any longer, but it's the format I got all my stuff on. And others in Germany probably too.[/nb]

Quote from: Kris on 09:50, 24 September 14I often use the Multi Mark 1.2a ROM so to check 3" floppy; it could be interesting to add it (I assume I'm not alone to use it :)   )Thanks

Thanks for the information. Added!
TFM of FutureSoft

Executioner

Quote from: TFM on 16:00, 24 September 14
Thanks for the update, of course we'll care about the new versions then. Will you support Vortex Format?

Yes, Vortex is supported along with PCW SS40 and PCW DS80 (if Electro Formats are enabled and the drive is set to DS80). The last byte is a checksum, but the ROM DPB and DDB have moved to #FFFD/E. Bit 4 and 2 of the DPB combine to enable one of IBM, ROMDOS D1, PCW or Vortex. I think setting (#FFFD) to #10 would enable Vortex by default.

I also fixed the file copy bug (which happened when a file was and exact multiple of 128 blocks (eg. 16K, 32K etc)), added a simple Backup routine (so it's not just a dud menu item), and created a Plus version which still has |GAME etc, but no |DISC.IN etc as it never had before.

Quote from: CraigsBar on 07:11, 24 September 14
excellent news. Was there enough space to change the trigger from |drive so it plays nicely with the silicon disc in fw 3.15?

Unfortunately not, perhaps FW 3.16 could test if there's no parameters and pass it onto AMSDOS/PARADOS as it probably already does for |DRIVE,"A" or "B". There is no space in the RSX block of AMSDOS to add an extra command, and I don't think the other commands are suitable (|USER is also probably used by FW 3.15??)

TFM

These are very good news! And I'm sure FW 3.16 will take a look at the problems.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: Kris on 09:50, 24 September 14
I often use the Multi Mark 1.2a ROM so to check 3" floppy; it could be interesting to add it (I assume I'm not alone to use it :)  )
Thanks

Can you upload it? I can't find it in the net.

TFM of FutureSoft

gerald

Quote from: TFM on 17:33, 26 September 14

Can you upload it? I can't find it in the net.
You will find it here : La maison de retraite du GPA ? , under productions/utilitaires/ (all in french  ;) )

SyX

Quote from: Executioner on 00:10, 26 September 14
Unfortunately not, perhaps FW 3.16 could test if there's no parameters and pass it onto AMSDOS/PARADOS as it probably already does for |DRIVE,"A" or "B". There is no space in the RSX block of AMSDOS to add an extra command, and I don't think the other commands are suitable (|USER is also probably used by FW 3.15??)
Thanks to the bug report by @CraigsBar, I have fixed this already :)

The bug was in the RAM disc code that take control of the DRIVE rsx and of course, it's in the FW3.15 Expansion ROM (the rom with the RAM Disc, the |HELP and the other commands).

TotO is enjoying the weekend, because that the floppy with the fixed version will be released the next week, but if somebody wants to test it during the weekend, i have attached it to the message.

Important note: You need to copy this new rom to the X-MEM side A floppy for being able to configure the ram disc size, because in the rom file the RAM disc is disabled.

Enjoy and thanks again to CraigsBar by the bug report :)

PS: After my tests, i will try to find a fix for supporting the new Parados and the support of 32 roms in the FW3.16... and don't forget to send your ideas and bug reports to FW3.16 :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: SyX on 00:28, 27 September 14
Thanks to the bug report by @CraigsBar, I have fixed this already :)

The bug was in the RAM disc code that take control of the DRIVE rsx and of course, it's in the FW3.15 Expansion ROM (the rom with the RAM Disc, the |HELP and the other commands).

TotO is enjoying the weekend, because that the floppy with the fixed version will be released the next week, but if somebody wants to test it during the weekend, i have attached it to the message.

Important note: You need to copy this new rom to the X-MEM side A floppy for being able to configure the ram disc size, because in the rom file the RAM disc is disabled.

Enjoy and thanks again to CraigsBar by the bug report :)

PS: After my tests, i will try to find a fix for supporting the new Parados and the support of 32 roms in the FW3.16... and don't forget to send your ideas and bug reports to FW3.16 :)
tested on my spare 6128plus with xmem and minibooster.

Working perfectly :) Silicon disc and Parados. Many Many thanks :)

TFM

Great news!

Any ROMs you miss in the poll? Any comment? Brainstorms are welcome.  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft

SyX

I have marked the ones that i have always in my rom board :)

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 20:16, 29 September 14
Great news!

Any ROMs you miss in the poll? Any comment? Brainstorms are welcome.  ;D
well I have the cp/m accessory Rom 1 installed with cp/m. Nsweep alone makes this worthwhile.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 19:41, 30 September 14
1 & 2 added!  :)

Accessory Rom 2?? Is that the DragonBreed rom, the Cruncher rom or one I do not know about?

Craig

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 00:14, 01 October 14
Dragonbreed Cruncher IIRC
:) Ahh, yes that is handy too. Although having nsweep in ROM is the killer app in the 1st Accessory rom.

Bryce

A few simple games would have been nice to include too. Just simple single ROM games like Harrier Attack or something?

You didn't include Romanager either! :D

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 15:30, 01 October 14
A few simple games would have been nice to include too. Just simple single ROM games like Harrier Attack or something?

You didn't include Romanager either! :D

Bryce.

just name them and I'll include them.
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor