Two issues with Megaflash - ROMManager and HxC on ROM

Started by Gryzor, 16:18, 20 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello,
I just failed at the two basic things I wanted to do...
-loading the ROMManager from ROM works fine, but how on earth do I switch it to read the contents off drive B (which is the HxC)? If you run the Disk version of ROMManager from the HxC it's ok, because it defaults to the drive it's run from (though you have to guess to replace 0A to 0B in the filename box). But if you run it from ROM (or, I guess, from drive A), is there a way to switch it so it CATs the disk in B?
-Also, loading the HxC ROM version, with the HxC set as B, it reports an error (72) while at the same time the HxC works perfectly if I run the software from it... any ideas? Does it work for anyone else?

Cheers!

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:18, 20 August 11
Hello,
I just failed at the two basic things I wanted to do...
-loading the ROMManager from ROM works fine, but how on earth do I switch it to read the contents off drive B (which is the HxC)? If you run the Disk version of ROMManager from the HxC it's ok, because it defaults to the drive it's run from (though you have to guess to replace 0A to 0B in the filename box). But if you run it from ROM (or, I guess, from drive A), is there a way to switch it so it CATs the disk in B?

Good point! I totally forgot that we need a drive-switch function especially for the ROM version. I will integrate that in one of the next updates.

However, when you specify the name of the ROM to load in:

"0A:ROM-name.ROM"

Then you can replace "0A:" with "0B:". Sadly you have to know the ROM name (in mind).

The lacking functions will be added to the software. Promised!
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Ah, I just replied to this in the other thread. Ok then, we'll wait for the next update :) It's shaping up real nice!