General Category > Applications

UniDOS, the new multi-device AMSDOS replacement

(1/42) > >>

OffseT:
Futurs' is pleased to announce the very first release of UniDOS, the new AMSDOS replacement ROM with evolutive multi-device support.

All information can be found here:
UniDOS
https://unidos.cpcscene.net

m_dr_m:
Wow, great project and great doc !

HAL 6128:
What do you mean with:

"Important:On CPC6128, it is necessary to patch the motherboard to be able to deactivate the internal ROM number 7 (other CPC models do not have this problem)."
How is it done?
By the way: great concept. And extensions like: path, symbolic links etc...  :D

GUNHED:

--- Quote from: HAL 6128 on 20:59, 24 January 21 ---What do you mean with:
"Important:On CPC6128, it is necessary to patch the motherboard to be able to deactivate the internal ROM number 7 (other CPC models do not have this problem)."
How is it done?

--- End quote ---
That's only needed for few CPC6128. Most of them can replace ROM 7 too.

GUNHED:

--- Quote from: OffseT on 16:51, 24 January 21 ---Futurs' is pleased to announce the very first release of UniDOS, the new AMSDOS replacement ROM with evolutive multi-device support.

--- End quote ---

To unify everything (DOS like) is a great idea.
Well, I had the same idea over 30 years ago, it was to have one system for every know hardware expansion. However I decided for OS instead of DOS. Both has it's advantages.

It would be great to have UniDOS 'open' in a way that I can use it with FutureOS too. This would save work and ROM slots. Of course I can contribute with support for Vortex F1-S, F1-D and Dobbertin HD20 hard-disc if you're interested.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version