Various BASIC PD programs from the Eighties/Nineties

Started by ComSoft6128, 14:40, 31 May 19

Previous topic - Next topic

AMSDOS

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 06:31, 15 October 19
Two PD BASIC file managers - TIDY.BAS (aka DISKTIDY) and TONYMEN1 (Disc Catalogue)
A modified version of TIDY is shown in video 5 of this thread

Back in the eighties/nineties programs like these might have saved you having to spend a few pounds buying a commercial file management program.
Both programs though originally type-ins were sourced from the WACCI PD library.

i guess they were handy if you didn't like the Command Line Structure of Renaming or Erasing a File, some of the handier ones could Format the Disc, and I guess viewing the contents of a file. Amstrad Action had so many of them though I vagerally remember them saying they were inundated from people trying to send theirs to Type-Ins to the point I think they weren't going to accept them unless it was short or did something extra special. This simple one called Disc fits in 10-Lines and it could Erase, Unerase, Rename or Change User areas. Though he's a list of all the others they had with some of their features:

Disc Office 2 - Formatting Discs
Disc Doctor - Nothing exciting here
Disc Nurse - Erase/Unerase Files
Disc Nurse v1.1 - Display ASCII file and Formatting Discs.
Disc Manager - Format
Disc Content - View, Print, Copy and Erase BAK files.

The 2nd programme from your video had a menu system very similiar to the way the files are selected in this Directory Editor as well as some similar looks in colour used. :)
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

ComSoft6128

I see Disc Office II BY Nicholas Campbell - @Nich I guess.

https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=14632

;D   Hi @Nich - you programming when you were at school?  ;D

Nich

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 16:42, 15 October 19
I see Disc Office II BY Nicholas Campbell - @Nich I guess.

https://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=14632

;D   Hi @Nich - you programming when you were at school?  ;D

Yes, that is one of my programs. The silly thing is that the 'Format' option doesn't even work as I forgot to include it - and it would have been plagiarised anyway as I didn't know Z80 assembler back then! :laugh:

I remember being really proud of myself when some of my programs were published (I was 14 years old at the time), but I think I had written some better ones at the time. I sent AA a few dozen programs and let them select the 'best' ones.

Anyone who cares can download a DSK file containing many more of my unpublished BASIC listings and 10-liners from Genesis8.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Nich on 20:05, 17 October 19
Yes, that is one of my programs. The silly thing is that the 'Format' option doesn't even work as I forgot to include it - and it would have been plagiarised anyway as I didn't know Z80 assembler back then! :laugh:

It's been dated to 1992 when you were 12 and 3/4, though I can't workout which Format Routine it was using, though it's been setup to accept one which can format Vendor or Data and has an origin of &8000, I thought it might of been the QuickFormat from AA73 Oct 1991, but that resides at &4000 and uses a RSX to format the Discs.

QuoteI remember being really proud of myself when some of my programs were published (I was 14 years old at the time), but I think I had written some better ones at the time. I sent AA a few dozen programs and let them select the 'best' ones.

Issue 106 & 107 according to CPC-POWER Archives and in Issue 108 they passed the remark about no more Disk Organisers in a guide to submitting Type-Ins, sadly that was the last issue with Readers Type-Ins in them.  :(

* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3