News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

victory road new screen beta

Started by DARKGATE, 18:24, 22 August 15

Previous topic - Next topic

DARKGATE

:) Hi guys, hope wich your are ok, i have really problems, many time ago, i have write wich i want made a new screen for VICTORY ROAD, here there is  a beta, the screen is very incomplete, however i put here for know your opinions, if someone want can tell what i can made for finish it.
Thank you at all.
Do not underestimate the power of AMSTRAD CPC.

DARKGATE

:) second beta, i hope for the next week of finish it, are very worried, i don't see reply on tips, ehm  :-X

Gryzor

Here's the original:

[attachimg=1]

I'd say yours is miles ahead :D

MacDeath

Even the ST one was shitfest...

Speccy is bad too...

yours is somewhat promising but :

What's up with the odd resolution ?
CPC is basically 320x200 / 160x200 (wide pixels)... so your picture shouldn't have this resolution of 641x405 iven with magnification of x2/x2
nor 635x393...

Also you can go into fullscreen on CPC so go for some 384x272 resolution equivalent (in Mode0 it is 192x272 then), can reduce to vertical 256 in order to keep it "safe display zone".

What tools do you use ?

Also welcome to the fun world of CPC pixel mockers.

:)

DARKGATE

;D ;D    i use the classical resolution for mode 0, no overscan. The program is ConvImgCpc 0.14, if someone can give me  another program for retake the work a bit more easy.  The problem is for me made the IMAGINE logo  ???

KaosOverride

Ikary warriors is another one needing the remake... It gives a serious headache watching it...
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

DARKGATE

:D Ikari warriors screen is  terrible for the eyes, the game is amazing, but the screen is rubbish.
I have take the screen of atari st, and convert it, look. i dont thinking of made a remake for ikari, but  of others games is possible.
Hope wich my work can like at someone, many of my work is manual, i don't take photo.  ;)

KaosOverride

Oh man, that one makes justice!!!
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

DARKGATE

Quote from: MiguelSky on 11:55, 25 August 15
Yes, it is a old one new presentations screens for old games
;D ehm yes but my version has 2 colors on IKARI  ;D ;D The white color.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Your Victory Road is way better.

But ... in this day and age of overscan, maybe you could try a 192x256 screen (or whatever is recommended) to scale up the characters in the screenshot. They're a bit jumbled/pixelly.

That Ikari screenshot is nice, shiny sweaty skin is better here, without the stippling of the CPC original.

DARKGATE

;) Thanks for the suggestions, repeat wich i love use the standard resolution, the overscan mode at the moment  is out of this project, for the pixelly problems, i know but repeat wich the screen is incomplete, :) i have others ideas, i have put here the screen for help and suggestions, thank you. ;)

DARKGATE

Hi boys, here the beta 3, the screen is near to complete,  only the logo IMAGINE and SNK  lack on this screen, hope the next week of end, hope wich like it.  ;)

DARKGATE

:) My work is ended, i have put the final screen on this post.
VICTORY ROAD new screen ENDED.
Hope wich like it.