News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Where can I find CPCview?

Started by Optimus, 09:56, 15 September 14

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimus

A friend was asking about this program Ladrillo-Píxeles de Colores: CPCVIEW para Amstrad CPC - ¿Son 16 colores
But in the post it says it's not released yet, but the year is 2010.
Is there a possibility it's somewhere ready to download?

Else, what are other alternatives for graphics conversion?

Bryce

You could try this: ConvImgCPC - CPCWiki

Otherwise, I think JavaCPC also has features to do this.

Bryce.

SyX

Quote from: Optimus on 09:56, 15 September 14
A friend was asking about this program Ladrillo-Píxeles de Colores: CPCVIEW para Amstrad CPC - ¿Son 16 colores
But in the post it says it's not released yet, but the year is 2010.
Is there a possibility it's somewhere ready to download?
Hehehe, another mine. The program was going to be published by then, but the feedback and interest of the community was null and because that, we decided to make it private.

Curiously, the last week during a boring lesson i took the old code (Python 2.x, Qt 4.x and PIL) and converted to modern standards (Python 3.x, Qt 5.x and Pillow), and although is running well, i need to convert a few deprecated modules (optparse to argparse and similars), finish the minibooster support and check that options such as CPC+ or Mode 5 or interlace work fine, because i was in the old netbook and those options are not visible in its screen of only 600 pixels of height :P

Kris

It could be really interesting to share it  :)

Munchausen

Also, the dependencies you listed are available in Linux, the BSDs, Mac OS, haiku, etc. It would be great if you could make it available there (or even better, release the source so others can do so).

SyX

Yes, the program was made in my Debian 64 linux machine (that those days is a windows machine in my parent's home in Spain, poor machine :P), and it have been tested in windows and mac without problems. 

Curiously, with the update to the new version of Qt, the few Windows bugs has been fixed and the extra code for going around them is not needed anymore, jejeje.

And of course, if someday is released, it will come with sources, we are talking of python here :P

pacomix

Hi Syx (paisa!!)!

What features has cpcview?

SyX

Quote from: pacomix on 07:38, 16 September 14
What features has cpcview?
Mainly is a tool to convert pictures to CPC native formats, it's not too different of Convimgcpc in the number of features.

The excuse was, if i remember well, that i had a lot of problems to run this one under wine, even although i only use a pair of python scripts from the commandline and i never had a need for this tool :P, it was nice to make something portable with a gui.

And DaDMaN never was too happy with Convimgcpc and wanted to try different ways of converting pictures, as he usually says "less mathematics and more artist", try to convert his description to an algorithm was fun and the results much better than the typical conversions. The program is completely oriented to his way of working, even he made the GUI after fighting a lot with QT Creator (and he was and should be very proud of making it); because of that you can send a picture fast and easy from his paint program to the converter, for checking  how the work is going to look in the CPC.

Aside of those features and the usual in every converter program, we support a few of the experimental graphical modes that i have been researching during the years (i need to add all the new ones) and test the send of a picture to the CPC through the minibooster and the CRT TV filter, plus bug testing and fixing, but those are the "piadas"... that i need a time, i haven't in this moment, jajaja.