News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

AMX MAX Desktop and WOPS by Camel Micros

Started by ComSoft6128, 10:24, 01 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

Hi,

Does anyone have the original AMX MAX Desktop and WOPS by Camel Micros (with manuals) for sale?

Cheers,

Peter

rpalmer

ComSoft6128,

I have both discs, but want to keep these for nostalgia reasons. WOPS did not come with a manual.

Have you tried searching on https://cpcrulez.fr/applications.htm?t=ncKn for a copy.

rpalmer

PS. correction I have the AMX Art package.

ComSoft6128

rpalmer,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have seen that both are available from that site but at the moment my PC and CPC are not on speaking terms. Hopefully that will change in a few weeks. "Nostalgia reasons" I understand completely, back in 1999 I had to sell most of my original games and serious software, something which I have long regretted.

Cheers,

Peter

rpalmer

Peter,

I just went through my CPC stuff and did find AMX MAX. Attached are pictures of the box (yes it is badly broken, but after 30 years the plastic has broken down and cracked).
I have an external 3inch drive and I can try to make image copies of the disks. I can scan the manual in and send that to you.

rpalmer

ComSoft6128

Thank you very much for your kind offer.
What if I were to send you two 3" discs, could you copy the original software onto them? I would of course also pay the return postage to the UK.

Cheers,

Peter

robcfg

If rpalmer can provide the disk images, I could write them for you and it would cost you much less shipping.

ComSoft6128

Thanks robcfg,

I will wait to see what the response is from rpalmer, whatever is most convenient for him.

Cheers,

Peter

rpalmer

Comsoft6128,

Sorry to say my 3 inch disk drive seems to not play ball. I looked at the circuit board and cannot see any issues. I have used the attached pix of the drive before some many years ago. The drive was kept in a dry place so I cant see why it does not work now (I cleaned the read/write head to make sure no dust was present).

Attached are the picture of the external drive for those who may not have seen such a beast.

I could loan you the disks for you to make a copy (I do no think these are copy protected and even if they are I would imagine latest CPC disk copiers could work their magic).

I looked at the MAX manual and it can be photocopied, but the copies would be faint as the manual is in "grey" text/pictures and not very friendly to photocopiers. I will resurrect my scanner and we what i can do with that.

rpalmer

ComSoft6128

Many thanks for your generous offer, sorry to hear about the disc drive.
I will send a PM to you with my details.

Regards,

Peter

Lazy Dude

I used to love using AMX art.
Can you tell us a bit about what the MAX is, as I never heard of it till now.

ComSoft6128

Hi Lazy Dude,

Max is a WIMP GUI for the CPC and PCW, from 86 I think.

Here is a video for the PCW version which is very similar to the CPC version. There are also reviews from ACU and AA which I think are on cpcrulez:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBK1hj_xS98

https://cpcrulez.fr/applications_disc-max_desktop.htm?t=Uw==

You might also like to look at this thread from CPCWiki:

"Graphical User Interfaces for the Amstrad CPC"

Cheers,

Peter