News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Free Wii

Started by Gryzor, 19:12, 26 January 23

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Anyone interested in one + paraphernalia and a few games? Postage only, from Greece.

PM me for the full description, which I'm too tired, lazy and indifferent to write right now, apologies🙂

eto

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:12, 26 January 23Anyone interested in one + paraphernalia and a few games? Postage only, from Greece.

PM me for the full description, which I'm too tired, lazy and indifferent to write right now, apologies🙂
Keep it an play Mario Kart and Wii Sports Resort with your kids! 

Seriously, this is the only console where gaming became a family event. 

I will keep it and play it with the grand kids in 25 years ;-) 

XLV2K

I am interested.. I am also located in Athens, Greece too. I have sent a PM, thanks, @Gryzor

Gryzor

Apologies, I didn't have the time to update the thread, it's been allocated... 

Gryzor

Quote from: eto on 19:55, 26 January 23
Quote from: Gryzor on 19:12, 26 January 23Anyone interested in one + paraphernalia and a few games? Postage only, from Greece.

Well, your comment certainly made me pause for a second there. A compelling argument, but in the end I've got so much retro gear and so little space... Right now under my TV there's an Analogue MegaSG and a MiSTer, plus a handful of joystick-based collections. I think that's more the enough to sort any family event. Oh, and how could I forget the Switch with its docking station (once I get time to figure how to jump several versions forward while keeping it hacked).

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:16, 28 January 23
Quote from: eto on 19:55, 26 January 23

Well, your comment certainly made me pause for a second there. A compelling argument, but in the end I've got so much retro gear and so little space... Right now under my TV there's an Analogue MegaSG and a MiSTer, plus a handful of joystick-based collections. I think that's more the enough to sort any family event. Oh, and how could I forget the Switch with its docking station (once I get time to figure how to jump several versions forward while keeping it hacked).

You are mistaken, you can't have too much retro gear under your TV, especially if you have kids:

Switch, Wii, RetroPie, Neo Geo MVS, PS2, PS3 and multiple 8 bits. And I don't even play games!

Bryce.

Gryzor

Oh you mean "you can't have too much home around your TV"? :D

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:55, 29 January 23Oh you mean "you can't have too much home around your TV"? :D

When you walk into a TV shop and say "I'm looking for a 75in LCD TV, but it has to have analogue inputs and SCART.", you know you still have that Retro addiction.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Nah you got it all wrong. The correct TV buying process these days:

-meticulously research TVs and specs for a month
-wait a few months till THAT TV hits the shops, or becomes available at the correct price point
-go pick it up with your wife
-leave the store with the one your wife chooses because "it looks beautiful".

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:42, 29 January 23Nah you got it all wrong. The correct TV buying process these days:

-meticulously research TVs and specs for a month
-wait a few months till THAT TV hits the shops, or becomes available at the correct price point
-go pick it up with your wife
-leave the store with the one your wife chooses because "it looks beautiful".

You victim! There's no chance of saving you at this point. Your mistake: step 3 "go pick it up with your wife"!! Seriously?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Yeah, I'll admit that was a mistake... twice now.