News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

paradroid90

Quote from: beaker on 10:35, 08 April 14
I needed something to weigh down the other side of the house  ;D

Did the BBC Master not do that  ;D
Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

beaker

It did for a while  :D until the BBC Model B messed it all up again  >:( I've bought a second Amiga 1200 as a stop gap measure to try and stabilise the situation otherwise I might need to consider unpinning the foundations and back filling using Spectrums  :'(

BluesBrothers

Quote from: beaker on 16:39, 08 April 14
It did for a while  :D until the BBC Model B messed it all up again  >:( I've bought a second Amiga 1200 as a stop gap measure to try and stabilise the situation otherwise I might need to consider unpinning the foundations and back filling using Spectrums  :'(

You can't use Speccys mate,... they are notouriously unstable ???

BluesBrothers

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 18:41, 06 April 14
People have been known to try and sell Speccies for high sums (and not get them).

In my defence I started the auction at 99p and the eventual buyer begged and begged for me to end the auction and relist for him buy it now and he stated the price :o

I shall feel no guilt especially as I'm already skint again ;D

Macc

Macc

MaV

I'm beginning to wonder whether it was a good idea statically with all my hardware to resettle to a flat on the 5th floor. ;)
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Bryce

Quote from: MaV on 11:55, 11 April 14
I'm beginning to wonder whether it was a good idea statically with all my hardware to resettle to a flat on the 5th floor. ;)

No problem, get yourself a Tatung and the building will sink you back down to being on the third floor. Save you some of that stair climbing. :)

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 12:28, 11 April 14
No problem, get yourself a Tatung and the building will sink you back down to being on the third floor. Save you some of that stair climbing. :)

Bryce.
Hehe. That sounds like a good solution, but I prefer some stair climbing to train my back a bit after sitting the whole day at the office. :)

That Tatung computer sounds very intriguing, if the shipping cost would not be that prohibitive. ;)

Sykobee (Briggsy)

It's the crane hire that proves costly.

Bryce

Quote from: MaV on 14:01, 11 April 14
Hehe. That sounds like a good solution, but I prefer some stair climbing to train my back a bit after sitting the whole day at the office. :)

That Tatung computer sounds very intriguing, if the shipping cost would not be that prohibitive. ;)

Maybe the could have it floated down the Danube to you?

Bryce.

MaV

*lol* Do it the old way? You know, that might actually be cheaper. ;)

Bryce

@Beaker: Spotted this for you over on ebay: Philips-Computer P 310 von 1977 - ein Museumsstück ! in in Düsseldorf | eBay

You'll need to place the computer and the quad 8in disk drives in the centre of the house but the drives should be 10cm closer to the BBCs than the Tatung, that should level things out.

Or if MaV decides to get it he can sink down to basement level.

Bryce.

beaker

Damn, it would have looked so awesome in my little alcove  ???

Nich

Quote from: Nich on 19:07, 02 April 14
So Suspended has managed to surpass Sorcerer as the most expensive non-cartridge game I've seen on eBay! :)
This is just getting ridiculous now. Several games by Lankhor were on sale on eBay France recently and look how much they sold for:

La Malédiction - €999.00 (£829.69 at the time of posting this message)
La Crypte des Maudits - €999.00 (£829.69)
SDAW - €1,680.00 (£1,395.27)
Alive - €1,650.00 (£1,370.35)
Fugitif - €1,240.00 (£1,029.84)

I am well and truly gobsmacked! :o I used to own Fugitif and sold it on eBay France a few years ago for only £27! :'(

Of course, there is always the possibility that the buyer(s) won't pay upon realising just how much they have to cough up...

beaker

Well that doesn't sound like a good price to sell it at! Why didn't you stick a reserve on it? Has China discovered the CPC or something?

Macc

dcdrac

has the rest of the world suddenly realised what a fabulous machine the CPC actually is....

Gryzor

Those prices are really out of this world...

Nich

Quote from: beaker on 21:30, 14 April 14
Well that doesn't sound like a good price to sell it at! Why didn't you stick a reserve on it? Has China discovered the CPC or something?
Are you referring to me selling Fugitif for £27? It's easy to say in hindsight that I should have set a reserve price, but I had actually bought my copy of Fugitif on eBay for around £8 (believe it or not!), and I was confident that it would sell for a high price. Again, in hindsight, £27 seems a very low sum now, but back then, I wasn't disappointed, given the price I had paid for the game originally.

paradroid90

Embrace all 8 Bits :-)

zeropolis79

Switchblade on disc just went for £56!

dcdrac

dcdrac

zeropolis79

I was thinking that too - I think this is the second time it's been listed at that price.