News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

pelrun

Quote from: beaker on 23:04, 27 May 14
I've been pretty disappointed with my 14 inch Trinitron. Give it any exotic to handle and all I get is a black and white image.

Is it set to the correct broadcast mode (PAL/NTSC)? If it's in the wrong one for the input you'll get B&W like that.

redbox

Quote from: beaker on 23:04, 27 May 14
I've been pretty disappointed with my 14 inch Trinitron. Give it any exotic to handle and all I get is a black and white image. Look how it's making my poor PC Engine cry in the bottom right corner  :laugh:

Well that will happen if you will insist on buying the wrong one ;)

Silver my man, you need the silver one :)

beaker

Quote from: mr_lou on 05:38, 28 May 14
Are you sure about that? Bryce installed a HxC in my CPCplus, and I don't remember him adding a disk-controller too.

I've been looking at the CM14 monitor too to go with my CPCplus, but so far still not hooked enough on it. Maybe some day. It's just a bit more awesome having a "complete" set.  :)

:D Bad choice of words on my part, I meant the sockets are there but you need the components/parts to build it (see Mainboard Versions - CPCWiki)

Quote from: pelrun on 08:21, 28 May 14
Is it set to the correct broadcast mode (PAL/NTSC)? If it's in the wrong one for the input you'll get B&W like that.

My version, sony trinitron kv-14t1u doesn't do NTSC signals through scart apparently. I've been through the service menu and there doesn't seem to be any options to change it. This means I can't use my NEC PC FX, Sega WonderMega, PC Engine and PC Engine Duo (although the SG-1000 II should be OK as Bryce modded it to RGB :) )

It doesn't so S-video so I can't use my PAL C64

Also my Texas Instruments TI-99/4A is going to use component which the TV definitely doesn't support.

Quote from: redbox on 09:19, 28 May 14
Well that will happen if you will insist on buying the wrong one ;)

Silver my man, you need the silver one :)

lol, yeah. I've been looking out for one for the last year but there's none coming up in my area. The PVM should be better still (although obviously I won't be able to use RF). It supports all video system standard (even SECAM I believe) and has connectors for RGB, Component and S-video.

Bryce

Quote from: mr_lou on 05:38, 28 May 14
Are you sure about that? Bryce installed a HxC in my CPCplus, and I don't remember him adding a disk-controller too.

I added the µPD765, SED (data separator), some logic and a pile of capacitors to your 464+ to make the HxC work, but they all fit on the original PCB as the 464+ and 6128+ used the same PCB.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Any chance of a photo of the finished mod. The location of the hxc screen and buttons etc. I am pretty sure Bryce would do a better job than me

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

beaker

Here's a link to the thread :) 464+ Mod

If Bryce is too busy I might know of someone else who can do it in the UK :)

Bryce

Beaker got there before me :) By the way, it's a massive amount of work that took several weeks to complete.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 12:26, 28 May 14
Beaker got there before me :) By the way, it's a massive amount of work that took several weeks to complete.

Bryce.

The length of time and to some extent the cost does not bother me. I have a tape-modded 6128+ anyway. And to be honest I'd rather send it to someone I trust (yes Bryce, that's you) and if he is happy to take on the job of sourcing the components and fitting them the any price or wait is reasonable.

Regards Craig.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 12:26, 28 May 14

Bryce.

Looking at that thread you did FAR more on that than I would need.

I would *only* be looking for the 128k and floppy mod. I intend using a Symbiface or X-Mem on the 464 plus. I suppose I will buy an external cased HxC for it.

Is it possible to connect both a Floppy drive and HxC to the external drive connector or does the internal connector also need to be brought to the outside?

Regards

Craig

beaker

I bought an external HxC and it's the best way to go if you have multiple machines. I use mine with my 664, 6128, 6128+, Acorn Electron, BBC Micro, BBC Master and Tatung Einstein. The Atari ST and Archimedes 3010 I went/going for an internal HxC to mix it up a bit  :laugh:

P.S. I am sure Bryce fitted the external floppy connector to MrLou's machines so he can probably fit an ABBA switch or you can buy the external floppy cable with the switches to turn off the internal drive and set the HxC as drive A.

martw80888

Been busy getting some of my collection up on ebay:  Amstrad CPC6128 for spares/repair, plus manual, cables, system disks etc | eBay

I have other related items up too, click on the "see other items" link to get to them.

Although the listings don't say so, I am willing to send items outside the UK, send me a message if you need a quote on postage costs.

Gryzor

Heh, that daisy-chained ROMbox is funny :D

martw80888

It is an odd one :)

Looks tidy enough when it's all put together though.

ralferoo

Heh, it looks like your TV is a microwave! :D I suspect your computer has been fried...  ;D

beaker

Do'h, if only I hadn't just bought an MSX2 today  :laugh:

redbox

Quote from: beaker on 20:52, 03 June 14
Do'h, if only I hadn't just bought an MSX2 today  :laugh:

Oh my, I want one of those.

Whether I need one is a different matter  8)

beaker

lol, this is where I bought mine today  :D

Hardware verkoop

I'll let you know what they're like when they arrive but Bas seems to be well regarded in the MSX circles. Postage is also quite expensive - he quoted me €45 to UK/Ireland for the 8250 but fortunately someone else was also interested in an MSX so we were able to split the postage. Bas also mentioned he's running low on stock. I think we might have the last 8250  :-[

Bryce

Gryzor

God, what a beauty...

Carnivius

I want one just cos of all the lights and flicky switches!    I can't resist flicky switches!
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:05, 05 June 14
God, what a beauty...

Yes, but if I was going to spend that much, it would have to be an 8800. Much more interesting.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Ah yes, you're right about that!

beaker

Did anyone on the board here get this?

Huge collection of rare vintage computer games and accessories for Amstrad 6128+

Bit p*ssed as I've been after a copy of Super Cauldron for 10 years now and I forgot to bid  ???

steve

Not much for £277.50.