News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

Funny for speed up a bit A600/A1200, for peoples who don't have turbo card inside.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Bryce

<completely offtopic Amiga discussion>
It doesn't really speed the A600 up, but it allows you to preload larger chunks of data if you are using WHDLoad. On the A1200 it would probably even slow the computer down slightly, because the A1200 normally uses 32bits, but the PCMCIA card only has a 16bit bus, so PCMCIA RAM access would take twice as many clock cycles.
</completely offtopic Amiga discussion>

But the NC100 can get a whole 2MB of battery backed RAM using one of these :)

Bryce.

TotO

QuoteIt doesn't really speed the A600 up, but it allows you to preload larger chunks of data if you are using WHDLoad.
FAST RAM speed up the computer, because the 68K no more have to wait about chipsets (CHIP RAM) access.
(on A1200, depending what you do, but it's better to use the expension slot with 32bit memory)

On Amstrad, I don't know. :D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 15:24, 17 January 12

But the NC100 can get a whole 2MB of battery backed RAM using one of these :)

Bryce.

Well, the NC100 can be expanded only up to 1 MB. And I strongly suggest NOT to use 2 MB cards, the will make problems in some cases. But you can use your 2 MB card for your PDA600 without problems and with full use of the memory.

I own a bunch both these machines (NC100, NC200, PDA600...) and have quite some experience with them. In fact for the NC100 smaller cards work better.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 10:44, 16 January 12
Just spotted this MSX hidden away in a corner of eeeebay. It will probably get expensive, but it's in amazing condition with its OVP. A nice addition for collectors. [ebay]160715158327[/ebay]

Bryce.

Edit: For some reason the ebay link doesn't seem to work, here's the full link:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/PHILIPS-MSX-VG8020-NEU-OVP-/160715158327?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5646969867444504035
yeah, but a pretty indifferent machine...

Bryce

Even their "Gold" looks brown and is going for a silly price...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Goldener-C64-Commodore-C64-Computer-Computer-Klassiker-/280807587168?pt=Klassische_Computer&hash=item41616fbd60

Why have I suddenly got a tune from The Stranglers in my head....?

Bryce.

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 13:33, 19 January 12
Why have I suddenly got a tune from The Stranglers in my head....?

:D

When you look at the zoomed picture, the coating looks dirty rather than gold. Why anyone would want this ... thing for currently 451 Euro just because it's the 1.000.281th of the lot is beyond me.

I'm happy with the two I have at home.
Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

robcfg

It's not gold, it's more like everything Commodore.... BROWN!  :P

Gryzor

Really stupid, that they wrote the SN by hand... ugh. Wouldn't mind owing one, though, if I ever win the lottery.

TotO

Quote from: Bryce on 13:33, 19 January 12Even their "Gold" looks brown and is going for a silly price...
Around 1000 ex. of the golden version was sold. (316 is the highest number I see)
The side plate is missing on all... A shame. :p

Gryzor

On all 1000 or on every one that you've seen? Weird...

TotO

sf78

I threw a sealed Alien 8 on eBay if anyone's interested. I couldn't figure out a price for it, so let's see what happens:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170767246229

ced64k

TFM

Quote from: ced64k on 23:01, 19 January 12

Amstrad Schneider 22 x Eproms für CPC Erweiterungen

http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/Amstrad-Schneider-22-x-Eproms-fur-CPC-Erweiterungen-/140685249153

Haha, it's xesrjb's auction, no wonder that I recognice some of the ROMs without names on them ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ralferoo

This guy seems to be trying to violate ebay rules by selling a disk and listing loads of other things he has inside that auction: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120846766273

That said, one of the things he's hawking is a "mint 664", although he wouldn't give me an asking price, just asked for an offer which he rejected saying he'd already had an offer of £100 and was waiting to see if it'd go up.

It is pretty frustrating that he doesn't just run a regular auction for these as then it's all transparent, but in any case I thought I'd flag it up with you guys in case any of you were desperate for a 664. He's also got a bunch of other machines too, although it's all pretty run of the mill apart from the 664 and without proper auctions, probably overpriced too. He does have an FDI-1, but without the DDI-1 interface I suspect it's pretty useless.

Bryce

Hi Ralf,
     that auction is from Boomow (one of the users here). He listed all the other stuff, so that we could see the other things that are going to be offered later. He will be starting "normal" auctions for all the other stuff too. He has a thread about it here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/classifieds/hello-there-cpc-wiki-peeps/

I don't think his picture violates the ebay rules as long as you clearly state what's up for sale in the text. There are often auctions for 8-bit computers where it shows a monitor but states that the monitor isn't part of the sale.

Bryce.

P.s. I wouldn't let the 664 go for 100 pounds either, because it probably will fetch more than 100 when it goes up for auction :)

ralferoo

Quote from: Bryce on 14:17, 21 January 12
I don't think his picture violates the ebay rules as long as you clearly state what's up for sale in the text. There are often auctions for 8-bit computers where it shows a monitor but states that the monitor isn't part of the sale.
Heh, I didn't actually notice that he'd already posted it here... Anyway, I'm still pretty sure ebay take a dim view on soliciting invitations to bid on items other than the one for sale, even though a lot of people do it, especially car breakers. There's a huge difference between showing a monitor to prove a computer sold without monitor works correctly and showing pictures of many different computers and inviting offers when selling blank discs... ;) In any case, I still posted the link just because I knew people here would still be interested... :)
Quote from: Bryce on 14:17, 21 January 12
P.s. I wouldn't let the 664 go for 100 pounds either, because it probably will fetch more than 100 when it goes up for auction :)
True, especially as it's supposed to be in mint condition. That said, there was one sold a few months back for just over £50, although I personally didn't bid on it because it looked quite beaten up.

ralferoo

Am I missing something here? This 6128 is going to crazy money! 330672176534

Boomow

duk_duw

Quote from: ralferoo on 18:25, 22 January 12
Am I missing something here? This 6128 is going to crazy money! 330672176534

Cause of the albino disks (the white one)

duk_duw

Bryce

The brown golden C64 has now gone above €700 ! These people really need to get a life....

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Goldener-C64-Commodore-C64-Computer-Computer-Klassiker-/280807587168?pt=Klassische_Computer&hash=item41616fbd60

Bryce.

... Back in a bit, just off to buy some gold spray paint for my C64 with the missing side-plate....

MaV

Quote from: Bryce on 14:15, 25 January 12
... Back in a bit, just off to buy some gold spray paint for my C64 with the missing side-plate....

Don't forget to tap on a sticker and handwrite a number slightly above 1.000.000!

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."