News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

VincentGR

Quote from: Bryce on 19:57, 28 June 15
The wheels of golden coaches are usually cleaned with unicorn tears, using hens teeth to get into those hard to reach corners.

Bryce.

Wise words you have spoken Sir!

Gryzor

Well, I'm off ebay and/or most online buying... Paypal has been disconnected from local credit cards. Time for detox!

Token

Amstrad 034 OH Mummy 034 Cassette | eBay

This is in excellent condition and great value for money.
23,00 GBP
   10,43 GBP shipping (France)

CraigsBar

This seems to be a fair price if anyone is interested.

I Had 2 of these in the 90's, after I smashed the screen on the first one. Great little gadgets.

http://www.adverts.ie/7953748
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Audronic

Amstrad price in australia.

Amstrad 6128 128K Personal Computer Built IN Disk Drive 44 3" Disks in VIC |

$409.00 Aust Dollars and 3 Days to go  ????

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Dizrythmia

I was eying that off to have as a spare machine but... not at that price :)

Audronic

@Dizyrythmia
Same here.
Did you see the System-80 go for $550.00 Yuck  ( I come from a TRS-80 / System-80 world  (Z80))
Oh well some have a lot of Play Money
Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

freaktmp

Financially I'm set for life, provided I die next week.

00WReX

Quote from: Audronic on 23:06, 04 July 15

$409.00 Aust Dollars and 3 Days to go  ??? ?

Ray

Certainly glad I started my (serious) Amstrad collecting around 12 years ago.
At the current rate I may be able to retire off my current collection  :D

@Dizyrythmia
It is pickup only from Cranbourne, are you local ?
I am in Narre Warren and purchased a Spectravideo SVI-728 from the same seller recently.

From memory Audronic is from Williamstown...I know Amsdos is from Carrum Downs.

We could almost have an Amstrad meetup sometime.

Cheers,
Shane

EDIT: The 6128 is now at $419.00
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

VincentGR

Quote from: 00WReX on 12:50, 05 July 15

Certainly glad I started my (serious) Amstrad collecting around 12 years ago.
At the current rate I may be able to retire off my current collection  :D

I was very lucky with my CPCs.
I have 5, my 464 found in trash, one 6128 - gt65 - ctm644 - mp3 tuner 10euro.
3x6128 donation from friends, and my first machine since 1988.

I want a plus machine though, don't care if it is 464 or 6128.

Audronic

@ 00WReX
I wondered who got the 728, I have a 328 here looking for an expander.
Meet up might be a good idea ( I am very new to CPC world ).
Good to hear of at least 3 of us in Victoria.

Thanks     Ray
Procrastinators Unite,

Bryce

I think I'll mess up the "Australian Retro Market" by buying a few CPCs here in Europe at European prices and passing them on for the same price plus postage to Australian users :D
Just for the fun of it.

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 21:06, 05 July 15
I think I'll mess up the "Australian Retro Market" by buying a few CPCs here in Europe at European prices and passing them on for the same price plus postage to Australian users :D
Just for the fun of it.

I vote that you spend all this extra time on making batches of TotO's multiplay board instead.  :)

Bryce

As a rule, I never produce batches of boards designed by other people. I occassionally build one for myself if I'm impressed with the design and it's not being produced, but as Gerald, ToTO, Jeff and others can confirm, I usually buy one directly from the designer to support the scene and development costs.

Bryce.

Dizrythmia

Quote from: Bryce on 21:06, 05 July 15
Just for the fun of it.

Bryce.
If anyone wants to do this it would discourage those Ebay price gougers we get here. :)

00WReX

Quote from: Audronic on 23:06, 04 July 15

$409.00 Aust Dollars and 3 Days to go  ??? ?

Ray

19 hours left and the craziness continues...currently at $570 AU

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

mr_lou

Quote from: 00WReX on 13:15, 07 July 15
19 hours left and the craziness continues...currently at $570 AU

I know there are certain people in the community who'll pay a lot for disks to check for lost gems. Last time I bought for them, they payed the equivalent of $590 AU for a danish CPC6128 with a lot of disks + shipment from seller to me + shipment from me to them. It was partly because they wanted a danish CPC6128 in their collection, but also very much because of what gems might be hiding on those disks.  :)

||C|-|E||

Wow, I have tons of discs at home, I should try to sell them as well :D . Sadly, I do not think there are many lost gems among them. To be honest there were some games I only happened to have, but I ported them to DSK and are available to everyone now. The only thing nobody else has is a game I made using 3D construction kit, but it is not great at all. I should try to upload it one day though.

mr_lou

Quote from: CE on 14:06, 07 July 15
Wow, I have tons of discs at home, I should try to sell them as well :D . Sadly, I do not think there are many lost gems among them. To be honest there were some games I only happened to have, but I ported them to DSK and are available to everyone now. The only thing nobody else has is a game I made using 3D construction kit, but it is not great at all. I should try to upload it one day though.
Well, if you notice the auction, seller writes: "Selling my Amstrad 6128 due to me focusing on other business. I used to program this baby all the time due to the inbuilt disk drive."

I don't know what other kinds of lost gems buyer could be after. Maybe certain cracktros? The ones online are mostly french, but I remember a lot of other cracktros from my own childhood that aren't anywhere to be found nowadays.

P.S.: Your nick is screwing with the QUOTE system on the board.

Dizrythmia

I actually wanted it for the computer itself. It's a tidy little unit & it's a later release machine just like my original one.

I actually bought a big box of discs from a seller about 10 years ago dirt cheap. Some gems on there, but I still haven't gone through all of them!

||C|-|E||

Quote from: mr_lou on 14:12, 07 July 15
Well, if you notice the auction, seller writes: "Selling my Amstrad 6128 due to me focusing on other business. I used to program this baby all the time due to the inbuilt disk drive."

I don't know what other kinds of lost gems buyer could be after. Maybe certain cracktros? The ones online are mostly french, but I remember a lot of other cracktros from my own childhood that aren't anywhere to be found nowadays.

P.S.: Your nick is screwing with the QUOTE system on the board.

I know, I know... I wrote it like a sort of bad joke  :-X .

Sorry for the problems with the quote, I will check if something can be done...

Audronic

Youch   $570.00 Aus Dollars.

This thing has an " Expansion Box " I wonder if thats what they are after. ??? ??

[attachimg=1]

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,

00WReX

Quote from: mr_lou on 13:51, 07 July 15
I know there are certain people in the community who'll pay a lot for disks to check for lost gems.

Yeh, fair point mr_lou and as Audronic mentioned, there is also an 'expansion' box with it.

I also picked up a load of discs years ago with some (I would assume) fairly rare titles written by the South Australian Education Department.
I need to get them converted to .DSK's at some point.

@Dizrythmia
From the pictures, I would say the 6128 is an earlier release and the monitor is a later release and would not have been an original matched pair.
The CPC has the earlier logo and also on the screenshot shows the 'Awa boot message...the later machines had the new logo and the 'Amstrad' boot message. The monitor has the new logo on it. It does look like a nice setup though and a good complete 'starter' pack.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Dizrythmia

Quote from: 00WReX on 01:27, 08 July 15
Yeh, fair point mr_lou and as Audronic mentioned, there is also an 'expansion' box with it.

I also picked up a load of discs years ago with some (I would assume) fairly rare titles written by the South Australian Education Department.
I need to get them converted to .DSK's at some point.
As my school had CPCs back in the day I would be all for this. The memories are flooding back now!
Any chance of getting a list of what you've got?

The expansion box interested me too...

Quote from: 00WReX on 01:27, 08 July 15
@Dizrythmia
From the pictures, I would say the 6128 is an earlier release and the monitor is a later release and would not have been an original matched pair.
The CPC has the earlier logo and also on the screenshot shows the 'Awa boot message...the later machines had the new logo and the 'Amstrad' boot message. The monitor has the new logo on it. It does look like a nice setup though and a good complete 'starter' pack.

Cheers,
Shane
You're right... I didn't have a good look at it the first time around.

Bryce

From the size and format, I'd guess that the "expansion box" is a Rombo ROMBox or similar.

Bryce.