News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Audronic

@Bryce
Very expensive """""     $615.00 (Aus)  ""
Oh well
Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

00WReX

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 05:26, 08 July 15
As my school had CPCs back in the day I would be all for this. The memories are flooding back now!
Any chance of getting a list of what you've got?

A couple of titles I remember are 'Mathbooster' and 'Picture Book', I think from Satchel Software...Copyright S.A. Education Department.
From memory they were fairly early years type stuff, primary school I would have thought. I need to go through all the discs again...last checked in 2003 when I got them all. I got them from the IT guy who worked at Strathalbyn School in South Australia. He saved a couple of systems and a heap of discs from going to the tip.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Dizrythmia

Quote from: 00WReX on 11:15, 08 July 15
A couple of titles I remember are 'Mathbooster' and 'Picture Book', I think from Satchel Software...Copyright S.A. Education Department.
From memory they were fairly early years type stuff, primary school I would have thought. I need to go through all the discs again...last checked in 2003 when I got them all. I got them from the IT guy who worked at Strathalbyn School in South Australia. He saved a couple of systems and a heap of discs from going to the tip.

Cheers,
Shane
I know there were some at Mt Barker High School (pretty close to Strathalbyn) around 2002-2003 that were also due to be disposed of. I had a contact who was trying to see what she could get but it never panned out. I went to Para Hills East Primary School & we had a room of 6128s. Would love to see some stuff turn up from there.

Dizrythmia

Amstrad CPC Interface Série RS232C | eBay

He won't ship to Australia sadly, so if anyone wants this RS232 interface it's up for grabs.

00WReX

Interesting (even though anyone can do this with the links on the main board)...

An 'Awa' boot message CPC in the UK...

Amstrad 6128, with GT64 green screen monitor. | eBay

Screenshots and Description mentions Australian...

They also mention they changed the drive belt but the disc drive still does not work.
Unless they used an external power supply, the picture only shows a GT-64 (no 12V socket).

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Bryce

Most likely they DIDN'T use an external 12V PSU and expected the drive would work with just the 5V connected!

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 14:37, 15 July 15
Most likely they DIDN'T use an external 12V PSU and expected the drive would work with just the 5V connected!

Bryce.
My thoughts exactly, the last thing I need is another CPC 6128, I have the Schneider and Amstrad versions already. I really need my MacPro fixed since I broke it last night.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

mr_lou

Quote from: CraigsBar on 14:55, 15 July 15the last thing I need is another CPC 6128

....surely it can't be the last thing you need....?  :)

mr_lou

Bryce

The 3865X Laptop isn't particularly rare, they come up quite often.

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

The lot of discs is very interesting but also quite risky, they do not seem to be in the best hands, piled like that.

CraigsBar

Quote from: [[C|-|E]] on 12:13, 21 July 15
The lot of discs is very interesting but also quite risky, they do not seem to be in the best hands, piled like that.
Exactly what I thought last night.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:34, 21 July 15Exactly what I thought last night.
Quote from: CE on 12:13, 21 July 15The lot of discs is very interesting but also quite risky, they do not seem to be in the best hands, piled like that.
Quote from: TFM on 16:33, 21 July 15Ditto!

Really?
Looking at the pictures, I think the labels look clean and preserved. My impression is that they're in good condition. But what do I know.

TFM

Look closer  ;)  Take in account how they are treated. Metal shutters are missing, lot's of them are from the cheapest production. No, I guess 70% of them have read errors which can't be fixed.

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

mr_lou

Quote from: TFM on 16:48, 21 July 15Look closer  ;)  Take in account how they are treated. Metal shutters are missing, lot's of them are from the cheapest production. No, I guess 70% of them have read errors which can't be fixed.
Ah, yea I missed those missing metal shutters.

Bryce

That doesn't make them any less interesting, just too expensive :)

Bryce.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

There's a boxed 6128 plus with colour monitor on eBay at the moment. Starting bid is £240. Too expensive? What in your opinion is this worth guys?

||C|-|E||

I saw it yesterday and then I was thinking a little bit about it. I do not know, it depends on the condition. If they guy did not use it is probably not too expensive, if it has been used to death, it is. For example, I know that the 6128 Plus with screen that I keep at home are basically new old stock, you type something and it is possible to feel that the keyboard has never been used. The same is true for the Plus I found here, in UK. I think that asking 240 pounds for a machine in that condition could be OK. Anyway, I guess that if I wanted to buy that Plus I would try to go there and have a look at it first.

CraigsBar

Quote from: [[C|-|E]] on 18:12, 25 July 15
I saw it yesterday and then I was thinking a little bit about it. I do not know, it depends on the condition. If they guy did not use it is probably not too expensive, if it has been used to death, it is. For example, I know that the 6128 Plus with screen that I keep at home are basically new old stock, you type something and it is possible to feel that the keyboard has never been used. The same is true for the Plus I found here, in UK. I think that asking 240 pounds for a machine in that condition could be OK. Anyway, I guess that if I wanted to buy that Plus I would try to go there and have a look at it first.
My 464plus and colour screen from eBay are in amazing never used condition. That was £215 ;) great machine.

ukmarkh

Think of it this way, once its gone, its gone. You could always sell it and get your money back, and the longer time goes on, the more it'll be worth.

||C|-|E||

Quote from: ukmarkh on 18:19, 25 July 15
Think of it this way, once its gone, its gone. You could always sell it and get your money back, and the longer time goes on, the more it'll be worth.

That is also true. You are actually not wasting your money if the machine is worth it, you know that you will be able to recover it in the future if you need it :).

seanb

Some games on their I wish there was rooms for unless the dd is just the 464 version then forget it
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

00WReX

This is interesting, not from the fact that the seller has a 'Faulty'  464 cassette drive assembly...but that the ad says 'more than 10 available'.

Amstrad CPC 464 Tape deck Faulty | eBay

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki