News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

ralferoo

Quote from: 00WReX on 03:55, 01 August 15
This is interesting, not from the fact that the seller has a 'Faulty'  464 cassette drive assembly...but that the ad says 'more than 10 available'.
Not really. His other listings are keys for other retro computers. As in he shows a complete keyboard in the listing and charges a few quid for individual keys.

It's clear he's one of those guys who has no qualms about butchering old hardware because he knows he can get more money from people who care enough about hardware to fix it than he'd get just selling them on whole. And that makes me sad on many levels.

Bryce

Not only that. The lazy twat just cut the wires instead of disconnecting it.

Where does he say that he has more than 10 available?

Bryce.

00WReX

Looks like the ad has been changed.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

260Z

Quote from: 00WReX on 12:19, 07 August 15
CPC 664 in Australia

Rare Amstrad CPC664 Computer Working BUT With Issues | eBay

Cheers,
Shane

Hi Shane ,

I spotted this.

What are your thoughts on the price ?

Cheers,
Robert

00WReX

Well, the 664 has been a sought after CPC for years and no matter where they come up for sale in the world these days always fetch a fairly high price. I would be very surprised to see this one stay @ the $200 AU starting price.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Dizrythmia

Wow, you're gone for a few days & this happens...

It's now in my watch list  :)

CPC_Fan

Like most things CPC related on EBay, epecially rarer original hardware/expansions, there will be a bidding war on it and it will go for a far higher price than it's actually worth. Thus those who are prepared to pay a reasonable but fair price for it, will miss out...

Dizrythmia

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 18:45, 09 August 15
Like most things CPC related on EBay, epecially rarer original hardware/expansions, there will be a bidding war on it and it will go for a far higher price than it's actually worth. Thus those who are prepared to pay a reasonable but fair price for it, will miss out...
Well I spoke about it with my partner & she agreed (not WE, SHE) that I wouldn't be bidding on it :D

260Z

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 05:07, 13 August 15
Well I spoke about it with my partner & she agreed (not WE, SHE) that I wouldn't be bidding on it :D

It's not about computers , but you get the point :)

CPC_Fan

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 05:07, 13 August 15

Sorry Dizrythmia I wasn't implying that you personally was going to start/be involved in a bidding war. I was just stating my own personal opinion on how some of the auctions go for some rarer hardware items for the CPC.

260Z

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 18:45, 09 August 15

Absolutely , it only requires two people with deep pockets and a blinding determination to own it , and things get real ugly real quick.

As I have neither ( deep pockets or the determination ), I'll be simply watching from the sidelines.

But , out of interest , can anyone recall the last time a 664 came up on Ebay and what did it end up going for ?

260Z

00WReX

Was just watching that one finish up myself...yes indeed, Wow.

I'm glad I got mine years ago...2003, $57.20 AU with Colour Monitor. Great condition...still working like a charm.
Even in 2003 they did not come up often in Australia.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

260Z

Oddly enough,  results like that make me feel better. I would have been irked if it ended up at $250. But that's out of my league.

Rob

ps . $57.20 ! , I think those days are long gone  :)

00WReX

Oh yeh...looong gone for sure.

Actually, I know what you mean about high prices making you feel better...
Just recently I was keeping an eye on a SEGA SC3000 8-bit computer.
They are another one that seem to go for a reasonably high price (or even start high).

Even looking on ebay AU now there are a couple...

Buy it now $349
Buy it now $399

Anyway, the one I was keeping an eye on...I forgot about it. Then remembered but by the time
I had checked, the auction had finished 4 minutes prior, and went for $51 AU (one bidder).

I was kicking myself for a couple of days. It was boxed and appears in great condition.
Even non workers have gone for more that that in rough condition.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

LittleBlackDuck

Amstrad RS232 Serial Interface (looks like a v1 in a custom box). Seller lists worldwide postage.
Amstrad RS232C Interface Série ordinateur CPC 464 6128 - Serial Interface RS232

(not my listing, just know a lot of people have been chasing a serial interface recently)

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

steve

Everything you need to get started with the CPC. UK only
AMSTRAD CPC 464 + COLOUR MONITOR + DDI-1 FLOPPY DRIVE + MORE! | eBay

Gryzor

Quote from: steve on 12:44, 21 August 15
Everything you need to get started with the CPC. UK only
AMSTRAD CPC 464 + COLOUR MONITOR + DDI-1 FLOPPY DRIVE + MORE! | eBay

Ooh that's a nice kit, and beautiful cosmetic condition!

CraigsBar

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:06, 21 August 15

Ooh that's a nice kit, and beautiful cosmetic condition!
Hmmm. Tempted!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

steve

There are two multiface 2's on ebay at the moment here is the cheaper one
AMSTRAD CPC 464/664/6128 ROMANTIC ROBOT MULTIFACE TWO CHEAT CART | eBay
Also there is a Dk'Tronics 64k ram pack.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: steve on 19:56, 23 August 15
There are two multiface 2's on ebay at the moment here is the cheaper one
AMSTRAD CPC 464/664/6128 ROMANTIC ROBOT MULTIFACE TWO CHEAT CART | eBay
Also there is a Dk'Tronics 64k ram pack.

Still going for silly money whereas the savvy CPC owners on here have brand new Multiface 2's for far less (by the time that one has been bid up to the inevitable £45+ as usual).
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

steve