News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

260Z

Quote from: steve on 00:51, 24 August 15
CTM 644 monitor send as far as Australia, but could be pricey.
Amstrad CTM 644 Colour Monitor for CPC 464 computer Working | eBay

$150 just for shipping.  Damn living on the other side of the planet.

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Bryce

Quote from: Dr Tiger Ninestein on 08:01, 26 August 15
Pang cart for £49.99.

£7.99 from a certain second hand shop!!!

Pang (Ocean Software) Amstrad CPC+ / GX4000 Rare Game cartridge - PAL (#581) |

In "acceptable condition"! I wonder how much he'd want if it was is good condition??

Bryce.

steve

amstrad 64k cpc664 computer | eBay

Originally collection only but now seller says will post.
However the keys are a much deeper blue than I have ever seen on a 664 before.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: steve on 23:07, 30 August 15
amstrad 64k cpc664 computer | eBay

Originally collection only but now seller says will post.
However the keys are a much deeper blue than I have ever seen on a 664 before.

That's how they should look isn't it?
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

steve

The ones I have and the one pictured in the Wiki are a lighter/fainter blue.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: steve on 00:12, 31 August 15
The ones I have and the one pictured in the Wiki are a lighter/fainter blue.

That one may well have not been in daylight for 30 years though. It more closely matches my memory of what they looked like. All the ones I've seen recently have horrible faded keys.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

CPC_Fan

That 664 looks in a very good condition. Bet that it goes for silly money again though...  :o  >:(

260Z

Quote from: CPC_Fan on 19:16, 31 August 15
That 664 looks in a very good condition. Bet that it goes for silly money again though...  :o  >:(

On the subject of silly money.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321838473899&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

CraigsBar

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

260Z

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:39, 31 August 15
Shit! And I gave mine away last year lol.

Nooooooooooo...damn.

I felt silly paying £43 , including shipping to Australia. Seems it was a good price.

chinnyhill10

Was speaking to an antique expert today and mentioned the silly money old computers are starting to go for.

Was pointed out to me that all markets reach a bubble. Classic cars did it in the late 1980's. People who were kids in the 60's now had money and wanted to buy the cars of their dreams. Jaguars that today are only worth £15,000 being sold for £30,000! Eventually things settle down and prices drop. Only a few select models actually still stayed high.

So people buying machines for large amounts of money now may come to regret it in 5 to 10 years time. Machines being listed for £500 on Ebay!

Your investment may go up as well as down.......
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

260Z

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 22:36, 31 August 15
Was speaking to an antique expert today and mentioned the silly money old computers are starting to go for.

Was pointed out to me that all markets reach a bubble. Classic cars did it in the late 1980's. People who were kids in the 60's now had money and wanted to buy the cars of their dreams. Jaguars that today are only worth £15,000 being sold for £30,000! Eventually things settle down and prices drop. Only a few select models actually still stayed high.

So people buying machines for large amounts of money now may come to regret it in 5 to 10 years time. Machines being listed for £500 on Ebay!

Your investment may go up as well as down.......

Exactly.  Most of us are in our early 40s, kids  have left home ( if you're lucky :)  ), settled into our careers ect.

Fessor

:o
If it scales... i would get rich if i sell my 256k; four times capacity, four times the price...

steve

Is a 64k rampack that has been upgraded to 256k worth more, or less because it has been modified? ;D

||C|-|E||

Quote from: 260Z on 22:44, 31 August 15
Exactly.  Most of us are in our early 40s, kids  have left home ( if you're lucky :)  ), settled into our careers ect.

Jesus Christ, I am 35 and I still do not even have a kid!  :D :D

Bryce

My son is 4. If he left the house alone I'd be worried. Daughter is 22, she's already left, but she took a key with her :D .

I see the 664 has already hit €140 and there's still 3 hours to go!

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

I am always reluctant to have kids around or have one... my girlfriend things just the opposite  :( .  Oh well, for sure they will not leave the house if they do not exist! On the other hand, when I left I was almost 30  :-[ .

The 664 is one of the few CPCs that was already very expensive back in year 2000. I remember that I tried to buy one that long ago and the guy was already asking for 180€... that is the reason I still do not have one  :( . I guess that this one will go for 200€ or something like that.

||C|-|E||

Jesus, the Amstrad sold for 187 pounds, that is more than 250 euros  :-\

ralferoo

Bryce

Yes, but it's in Wales. If he's posting it international, I hope he'd package it Caerphilly. :D

Bryce.

yoshi.doshi

Quote from: Bryce on 20:03, 01 September 15
Yes, but it's in Wales. If he's posting it international, I hope he'd package it Caerphilly. :D

Bryce.
well to be fair it probably is a welsh rare bit

yoshi.doshi

CPC_Fan

Quote from: ralferoo on 19:56, 01 September 15
There's a nice looking 664 for £195 BIN + £25 P&P: Amstrad/Schneider CPC 664 VERY RARE VINTAGE ALMOST MINT 90 Day Warrranty | eBay

I have seen that already. I think that it has been on eBay for a while now. Again looks in good condition. A bit odd though that nobody has brought it, considering that someone has just bid and paid almost the same price for the other one. Unless of course they haven't seen this one?

steve