News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 12:54, 31 December 15
Finally! I thought I'd never find a Christmas present for you!... Oops, too late, maybe next year.

Bryce.
Teeheehee. Well it's my birthday in July ;)

Seriously, does anyone actually buy retro kit at these bonkers prices? OK the turbo r is genuinely rare (outside of Japan anyway) but 2k, really? What planet is the seller on, coz it ain't the same as mine.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Bryce

Ok, I've taken note: Craig wants a Turbo R.

As far as paying crazy prices, I very much doubt that anyone in the scene would pay that much. As you know, I've been known to fix the odd retro computer now and again, so I have contact with several big collectors. The highest price I've heard so far was about €600, and that was for a machine much rarer than a Turbo R.

Bryce.

dodogildo

Quote from: Bryce on 13:40, 31 December 15
The highest price I've heard so far was about €600, and that was for a machine much rarer than a Turbo R.

Too true but things are getting crazier each day. Retro collecting is "a thing" now, amongst the youngsters. It's not just a few hundreds dinos' playground anymore. IMHO prices are due to go nuts this year.
M'enfin!

robcfg

The TurboR is the most expensive machine I've ever bought. It was an ST but upgraded to full 512kb and with an european psu for (just) 320€. Impressive machine but hard to find decent software.

Munchausen

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 23:35, 21 December 15

People often don't know how to work the kit. Picked up a fair few bargains due to being "untested".

Picked up an untested Amiga 600 for next to nothing recently due to the seller being unable to spell Commodore or Amiga.  :D

I have seen a few psions listed as "untested - no charger". This sort of thing gets to me even though I'm generally not looking to buy them. Do people even know what they're selling? Once I actually messaged the seller saying "look, just put two AA batteries in it and press the on button"  :laugh:

Bryce

Quote from: Munchausen on 22:39, 31 December 15
I have seen a few psions listed as "untested - no charger". This sort of thing gets to me even though I'm generally not looking to buy them. Do people even know what they're selling? Once I actually messaged the seller saying "look, just put two AA batteries in it and press the on button"  :laugh:

I've a working Psion 3c with data cable here if you're looking for one.

Bryce.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 12:19, 01 January 16
I've a working Psion 3c with data cable here if you're looking for one.

Still using my Ericsson MC218 here too.
The Jornada 720 I bought never managed to replace it.
My mates are trying to convince me to get a wireless small keyboard for my Android phone instead, but nah...

Munchausen

Heh, I've just about every PSION ever made, including many prototypes for e.g. the series 5 when it was undergoing production testing (bright green plastic anyone?), the original psion organiser and a complete set of accessories and software, most of the limited editions (e.g. wood effect 3a), and some never released prototype models (psion conan, series 5mx with a clear plastic case). I think I've got around 100 machines in total!

dodogildo

isn't this crazy? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181965223773&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web
You can buy one maybe two nice 6128 for this price.  So why bother upgrading your ram ?

(unless you're in love with your 664 like myself and all you want is 64k more ram..  lol)
M'enfin!

CraigsBar

Quote from: dodogildo on 15:10, 01 January 16
isn't this crazy? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181965223773&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web
You can buy one maybe two nice 6128 for this price.  So why bother upgrading your ram ?

(unless you're in love with your 664 like myself and all you want is 64k more ram..  lol)
Yeah. And to think I gave mine away a couple of years ago!

Audronic

Quote from: CraigsBar on 17:46, 01 January 16
Yeah. And to think I gave mine away a couple of years ago!

And i paid AU$60.00 just recently had to get one from NewZealand.
PS- If you get an early one they can be modified to go up to 256K

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Audronic on 23:40, 01 January 16

And i paid AU$60.00 just recently had to get one from NewZealand.
PS- If you get an early one they can be modified to go up to 256K

Ray
Mine was, and I included the full 256k ram chips as well.

Sent from my A3-A30 using Tapatalk

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

andycadley

Quote from: TFM on 20:40, 07 January 16
Eventually something which does make sense:

Extremely Rare! Xedex Baby Blue CPU Plus CP/M-80 Card For IBM PC (1982)

Hehe, brilliant. Unfortunately my ultrabook seems to be lacking a full size ISA port, typical cheapskate manufacturers!!! :laugh:

Bryce

Isn't that what all CPC emulators do for a lot cheaper?

Bryce.

TFM

Quote from: Bryce on 21:11, 07 January 16
Isn't that what all CPC emulators do for a lot cheaper?

Bryce.

Haha! Nothing beats the real thing....  ;) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dodogildo

Of course Amibay isn't eBay :) but this Schneider Joyce is awesome. PCW lovers, take a look:
http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=79460
Schneider Joyce
M'enfin!

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 13:40, 31 December 15
The highest price I've heard so far was about €600, and that was for a machine much rarer than a Turbo R.

Bryce.

I think the Atari Falcon, whenever it appears, goes well near €1000 unfortunately...

Bryce

Yup, but I don't know any Falcon owners, nor have I had one in to fix.

Other overpriced computers (for their power/useability at least):
Acorn Atom
Jupiter Ace
Commodore C65
Altair 8800
Orics
Sam Coupe
Any CPC stuff on ebay that our two Spanish bidding addicts decide to go for.

Bryce.

AMSDOS

Quote from: Bryce on 10:35, 08 January 16
Other overpriced computers (for their power/useability at least):
Jupiter Ace

Most likely it might be a reconstructed one someone built from the instructions on the Internet  >:(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Lazy Dude

makes it all the more satisfying when you do finally find a bargain. I was pleased to buy a box release of operation thunderbolt for a fiver,
plenty of overpriced games on there though

ukmarkh

Quote from: Lazy Dude on 14:07, 08 January 16
makes it all the more satisfying when you do finally find a bargain. I was pleased to buy a box release of operation thunderbolt for a fiver,
plenty of overpriced games on there though

I hate to be the one to tell you, but Operation Thunderbolt is a turkey.

Lazy Dude

yeh I know, but I like the box artwork. So its a collectable thing for me.  :P
Havn't finished rescuing the hostages in the previous game yet!! (which is a really decent one)

dodogildo

"the previous game" is a rare gem :)
M'enfin!

dodogildo

Million Dollar mystery (literally)
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181983673320
M'enfin!