News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

seanb

Damn. I'm a quid short.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

dodogildo

The description is also hilarious
M'enfin!

||C|-|E||

It must be a great adapter, considering the price  :picard:

AMSDOS

* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

CraigsBar

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

dodogildo

M'enfin!

dodogildo

M'enfin!

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dodogildo

M'enfin!

Audronic

INTERFACE including AMSTRAD 6128

A 8255, (programmable circuit 40-pin input / output parallel interface designed to work with Intel microprocessors)
has three ports of input / output of 8-bit programmable as input or output with three different modes Mode 0 1.2
and its connections to AMSTRAD CPC 6128 (expansion bus).

Ray (Google)

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 23:43, 14 January 16

What is that?

It's a GPIO card (ie: General purpose I/O mapped to certain addresses). I think I remember it being the basis of a whole set of different expansions that could make use of the new ports. From Maplin I think.

Bryce.

Executioner

Seems to also have an 8253 CTC on it.

Gryzor

INTERFACE AMSTRAD 6128 comprenant
Un 8255, (circuit programmable de 40 broches  d'interface d'entrée/sortie parallèle  conçu pour travailler avec les microprocesseurs   INTEL)  doté de trois  ports d'entrées/sorties de 8 bits programmables en entrée ou en sortie avec trois modes différents mode 0,1,2 et sa connectique pour AMSTRAD CPC 6128 (bus expansion).

:D

arnoldemu

yes an 8255 and an 8253.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

TFM

Thank's guys. The chips are obvious, and it's what CPC and expansions are usually using. Either a very rare expansion or just rarely sold (Ok, sound like the same...). Would be nice to see the box it was in to know more. For sure it's not a DIY.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

gerald

That's a French "Jagot et Leon" card. No Idea how many where sold.

TFM

Ha! The ancestor of the MX4 architecture!  :)  Great finding!!! Thanks!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Not quite the same as an MX4. The MX4 is a passive port expander, this device incorporates an address decoder and CTC. So it's more like half a Playcity.

Bryce.

TFM

Well, I forgot that you speak/read fluently French too. Taking a closer look, yes there are some nice small ICs on the bus card.  :)  But is this needed at all? Well, better discussing this in the appropriate thread.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Quote from: TFM on 22:03, 15 January 16
Well, I forgot that you speak/read fluently French too. Taking a closer look, yes there are some nice small ICs on the bus card.  :)  But is this needed at all? Well, better discussing this in the appropriate thread.  :)

There's not that much on the board. There's 3x 74LS85 on the left. These are bit comparators, most likely doing the address decoding. The 74LS245 in the middle is an 8-bit tri-state buffer (think of it as a single byte of RAM) that saves the value on the data bus, as used for example for RAM and ROM bank selection. The other 4 ICs are general purpose logic gates and flip-flops, probably decoding the buffered data bus and looking after a few control signals like /IORQ, /WR, RAM/ROMDIS, etc. All required for the features it offers.

Bryce.

dodogildo

Quote from: TFM on 20:56, 15 January 16
Ha! The ancestor of the MX4 architecture!  :)  Great finding!!! Thanks!  :)
Hehe I'll keep digging for more oddities. Seems eBay's French airspace is full of them [emoji14]
M'enfin!

00WReX

Nice looking 464/6128/CTM package on ebay Australia at the moment.

Amstrad CPC464 CPC6128 CTM644 Colour Monitor Working in VIC | eBay

Same seller also selling...

Amstrad FD1 Floppy Drive DDI Interface | eBay

Not your everyday ebay ads either. These have Pictures of everything working etc.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

dodogildo

Quote from: 00WReX on 06:27, 25 January 16
Nice looking 464/6128/CTM package on ebay Australia at the moment.

(...)

Same seller also selling...

Amstrad FD1 Floppy Drive DDI Interface | eBay

@Audronic was chasing one of these as far as I remember
M'enfin!

HAL6128

...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX