News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

So viel Commodore Schrott hab ich noch nie auf einem Haufen gesehen!  :o  Das gäb ein nettes Feuerchen!  ;D
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

You are a Kangaroo and own a 6128 Plus - and you want an original Amstrad Analogue Joystick?

Then get this gem!

Amstrad Joysticks Two Working Units ISA Creative Vibra 16 Quickshot Joystick |

TFM of FutureSoft

dodogildo

Quote from: TFM on 21:13, 25 January 16
You are a Kangaroo and own a 6128 Plus - and you want an original Amstrad Analogue Joystick?

Are there really compatible with Plus? Or does the Kangaroo have to own a PC? Such as Amstrad PC 1512
M'enfin!

CraigsBar

"What's that skip, no games support analogue sticks on the plus anyway so they are only useful for the awesome futureos cart. Best leave them then eh?"

Sorry you have to imagine the really dodgy Aussie accent.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Quote from: dodogildo on 07:40, 26 January 16
Are there really compatible with Plus? Or does the Kangaroo have to own a PC? Such as Amstrad PC 1512

I assume 99% Plus compatibility, because I got the same joystick just without the Amstrad brand. I would buy them, but Australia is to far off. And the guys over there probably want to keep em.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:44, 26 January 16
"What's that skip, no games support analogue sticks on the plus anyway so they are only useful for the awesome futureos cart. Best leave them then eh?"

No, no, they ARE the 'official' joystick for the analogue port (I testet others, they all mess some things up, like exchanging X and Y). So if there is an game for the 6128 Plus which uses the Analogue port, then these joysticks are what you need. Directly from Amstrad. Now.... ok, I don't remember such a game neither, but maybe there is one sitting somewhere in some attic.

BTW: If you need drivers for this great joysticks, then you can have it. Maybe I should patch couple games for them (oh, spare time running low...).  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

EgoTrip

Quote from: Neil79 on 17:23, 26 January 16
I actually stick rare on something  :laugh:

Spellbound Dizzy - Amstrad - Rare Signed! | eBay

Someone scribbled on the front of it though. Shipping is a bit pricey, does that include special delivery?

Neil79

Quote from: EgoTrip on 17:27, 26 January 16
Someone scribbled on the front of it though. Shipping is a bit pricey, does that include special delivery?

Shipping will be second class signed in a very well padded envelope, last game I sent which was a tape as well and second class signed for cost me £3.80  :picard:  If I'm lucky and it makes more, I'll send it first class

Signed by Oliver Twins, and Cover Artist on tape cover only, I didn't want them to sign the actual inlay!
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

EgoTrip

It should cost less than £2 to send a single tape second class signed for, if packaged properly. But if you use loads of extra packaging then it will bump the price up if it's too fat for large letter. 74p large letter, it weighs less than 100g, and £1.10 or whatever extra it is for signed for.

Id actually prefer the inlay signed myself. But thats just me.

Neil79

Quote from: EgoTrip on 17:42, 26 January 16
It should cost less than £2 to send a single tape second class signed for, if packaged properly.

It doesn't and I thought the same, I sent three games last week and each one cost £3.80 second class signed for. Royal Mail is a rip off

Standard second class is less than £2

EgoTrip

You got ripped off. Every game I've sent has cost me 74p second class with no problems. What you should do is print your own postage labels from the Royal Mail site. Just dont go overboard on the packaging. A small bubble envelope, or wrapping with bubble wrap and putting in a normal envelope which is essentially the same thing, will count as a large letter.

||C|-|E||

Those guys of Royal Mail are a disaster, all depends on the one that is behind the counter. Some of them randomly decide that something is a letter, some others that is a parcel... and the differences are massive. It happened to me too. Now I am printing my own labels as well because I am completely fed up with them.

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 16:44, 26 January 16

Sonny says: "Hey skippy, ignore that car crash on the highway, Bryce says that the Tennis Cartridge supported the analogue Joystick, back to the ranch for a few rounds of tennis!". Skippy says "tttsch, tttsch, ttttsch". And all are happy[nb]Except the poor twat bleeding on the highway in his pickup truck[/nb].

Bryce.

TFM

Yes, you're right. Forgot about the Tennis. Does it use the analogue joystick analogue or does it use it in a "digital" 0/1 way? I remember somehow that it worked digital, but I have to test by myself ... in May.  :(
TFM of FutureSoft

Dizrythmia

I've been keeping an eye on that auction. Previously the joysticks were $10 more but he dropped them when they didn't sell. If you want them you could keep waiting :)

TFM

Quote from: Dizrythmia on 04:15, 27 January 16
I've been keeping an eye on that auction. Previously the joysticks were $10 more but he dropped them when they didn't sell. If you want them you could keep waiting :)

Haha! If they would be in USA or Europe I would pay a lot of money for it, because it's a gem one may not ever get again. But there is few Amstrad stuff in Australia, so I won't buy em off, that wouldn't be fair.
TFM of FutureSoft

Audronic

Quote from: 00WReX on 06:27, 25 January 16
Nice looking 464/6128/CTM package on ebay Australia at the moment.

Amstrad CPC464 CPC6128 CTM644 Colour Monitor Working in VIC | eBay

Same seller also selling...

Amstrad FD1 Floppy Drive DDI Interface | eBay

Not your everyday ebay ads either. These have Pictures of everything working etc.

Cheers,
Shane

Thanks Shane for the link.
Its in the next suburb to where i live about 1.6 Miles (2 Km) from my home.
I will see how the auction goes.
Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Gryzor

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 20:37, 26 January 16
Those guys of Royal Mail are a disaster, all depends on the one that is behind the counter. Some of them randomly decide that something is a letter, some others that is a parcel... and the differences are massive. It happened to me too. Now I am printing my own labels as well because I am completely fed up with them.

THAT! I discovered it while I lived there, the differences were simply unbelievable. Ever since when I buy something from the UK  and the postage quote is too high I ask the seller if he could please go to a post office and ask - and I often get very lucky (and I have left the occasional negative feedback because they didn't refund me the difference with the real postage WHICH I CAN SEE YOU ARSEHOLE!).

ukmarkh

We use Parcel2go unless it's a small thin game i.e. which can be sent as a large letter. We really try to avoid Royal Mail, service is very poor. Great if just delivering a standard letter, for everything else... Poo!

eBay is 10% crooks, people you really wouldn't wanna meet in the street. the other 90% I've had good experience with.   

Dabz

Can confirm Royal Mail is a dire service... I was waiting for a package to be delivered one day, I was sitting there at the PC and heard the letter box go, so, went downstairs, couple of letters, some flyers and one of them red and white "We tried to deliver etc but noone was home" things... So I went out, postie was walking away, and I shouted "Here mate, I'm in, I'll have my parcel"... He turned around and said "You'll have a hard job mate, its still in the post office"...

I was like "You what?"

"It's still in the post office mate, you'll have to collect it from there"

Well... I was stotting, went through the roof "So you can deliver these [beep] things" waving the flyers about, "But you cannot deliver a package I've [beep] paid for?"

He just walked away, straight in the car and to the post office, fuming, wifey behind the counter got both barrels as well, vowed never to post anything other then letters through them again... Whats the point in paying for a service when its only half bloody done! :/

Gits 

Apollo

Wow, indeed sad stories! I guess I am very happy with DHL as it is cheaper then RM (ordering something from UK->Germany is much more expensive then sending from Germany->UK).
But therefor there are very nitpicky, weighting the parcel and it is just 50g over the 2.0kg and you need to pay for the next biggest parcel.

My wife, who had experiences with different mail services in different countries always says we should be really glad about the post offices in Germany. They may be unfriendly but it is handled professionally.
CPC - My beloved first computer!

EgoTrip

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:04, 29 January 16

THAT! I discovered it while I lived there, the differences were simply unbelievable. Ever since when I buy something from the UK  and the postage quote is too high I ask the seller if he could please go to a post office and ask - and I often get very lucky (and I have left the occasional negative feedback because they didn't refund me the difference with the real postage WHICH I CAN SEE YOU ARSEHOLE!).

Don't forget the price of packaging materials and paypal/ebay fees. But if its excessively over the cost of the postage price then I understand you being annoyed.

TFM

Quote from: Apollo on 16:05, 29 January 16
Wow, indeed sad stories! I guess I am very happy with DHL as it is cheaper then RM (ordering something from UK->Germany is much more expensive then sending from Germany->UK).
But therefor there are very nitpicky, weighting the parcel and it is just 50g over the 2.0kg and you need to pay for the next biggest parcel.

My wife, who had experiences with different mail services in different countries always says we should be really glad about the post offices in Germany. They may be unfriendly but it is handled professionally.

After 7 years in NOLA, USA I can only confirm.  :)  And btw. Royal Mail is an evil retro killer. It happened more than once that I bought some stuff from ebay UK and the computer ended up being a bug of plastic pieces. They even managed to destruct the _inside_ of a floppy drive. God know how and why.  >:(
TFM of FutureSoft