News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

khaz

Quote from: Czar on 15:52, 29 January 16"It's still in the post office mate, you'll have to collect it from there"

This used to happen in my area too, they would fill the forms before starting their round so they wouldn't bother carrying plenty of parcels. The service got better after several complaints (and the former postman was removed), until it happened again recently. I was told the postman got robbed several times so they stopped delivering parcels for a while. It was actually written on the slip "sorry we couldn't deliver, your area is insecure".

Quote from: EgoTrip on 20:13, 29 January 16
Don't forget the price of packaging materials and paypal/ebay fees. But if its excessively over the cost of the postage price then I understand you being annoyed.

The worst about eBay now is their Global Shipping Program. The thing is outrageously expensive, it's selected by default for unsuspecting sellers, you cannot opt out of it once the "buy now" button has been pressed or if the auction ends, the seller never actually sees the fees, and the "service" is ridiculously cheap for the asked price. I still have no idea how they calculate their fees.

Bryce

I was in Dublin last night and saw a trailer for a show this week (on the BBC I think) called something like "Where's my mail". It's an undercover look at private postal services in the UK. Just the trailer made me re-consider ever sending an retro gear to through the UK postal system. Might be worth a watch. Unfortunately I can't watch it from here :(

Bryce.

Gryzor

VPNs, torrents, something else...

I wanna watch that :) if anyone knows where we can watch it online, please post a link!

Bryce

seanb

Quote from: Bryce on 21:51, 31 January 16
I was in Dublin last night and saw a trailer for a show this week (on the BBC I think) called something like "Where's my mail". It's an undercover look at private postal services in the UK. Just the trailer made me re-consider ever sending an retro gear to through the UK postal system. Might be worth a watch. Unfortunately I can't watch it from here :(

Bryce.

I'm going to watch that. Not sure what company it is but you can't think that this is a problem that only happens in the uk.
This happens in every country.
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

seanb

Royal mail are far too expensive. Ebay and paypal fees are far too high too.

Hate selling on there and ebays customers service are an absolute joke plus for an online company their website and mobile app can be really user unfriendly and counter productive.

I use myhermes to post parcels as they seem cheap but good. Never had any issues with RM though and have a couples of stories of very good service but I only use them for letters or sending dvds and magazines that I sell.
They're excellent for that.

Bryce

Quote from: seanb on 13:12, 01 February 16
I'm going to watch that. Not sure what company it is but you can't think that this is a problem that only happens in the uk.
This happens in every country.

No, but England seems to have a much worse issue with this than other European countries.

Bryce.

seanb

Or maybe you know about it more.
Not saying it isn't true but other countries media don't seem to investigate themselves as much.

Apart from America, they seem to get the same happy joy going behind the scenes and pointing out the worst as we do.

Bryce

I don't have any inside information, but from experience, by far the most items that arrived broken were to/from the UK.

Bryce.

TFM

Second that POV.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Singaja

464 with grey buttons , sold as broken.
http://allegro.pl/amstrad-cpc464-wersja-szara-i5960262123.html#thumb/1
If you need any help with Polish just pm me.

Bryce

Wow, that thing has less colour than a C64 demo!!!

Bryce.

dodogildo

M'enfin!

VirtuaIceMan

Hi everyone! At some point in the near future (I'll let you know when) I'll be putting my collection of Amstrad CPC464 games, magazines and Dk'Tronics 64KB RAM pack up for sale on eBay.

At this stage, I'm thinking of only shipping to UK addresses (for simplicity), unless anyone thinks I should ship to Europe or beyond?

The games are from 1984-1992 era, many are full price original releases, but there's plenty of budget re-issues too. I've got a copy of the 3D Construction Kit with VHS tape (partly broken but will seek a fix). Examples include (all on cassette tape): old Amsoft titles, Shogun, Maths Mania, Mini Office, Star Commando (with no-doubt hyper rare badge for winning the game!), Hewson Christmas Collection, Sim City, Rock Star Ate My Hamster, Starglider, Out Run Europa, Turrican, Shadow Of The Beast, Fiendish Freddie's Big Top O' Fun, X-Out, Psycho Pigs UXB, Infiltrator, Impossible Mission, Ghosts 'N Goblins, Ghostbusters, Starion, Red Arrows, 3D Grand Prix, Tau Ceti, Get Dexter, Manic Miner, Technician Ted, Batty (budget), Gryzor (budget), Rick Dangerous 2, Lemmings, Nigel Mansell's World Championship... and many more.

Magazine-wise, I've got:

- Computing with the Amstrad - every one from Jan 1985-Aug 1988. The 1985 ones come with their mail order cassette tapes (contain the listings from the magazine)
- CPC Computing (renamed Computing with the Amstrad) - from Sep 1988-Dec 1988
- Amstrad Computer User (renamed CPC Computing) - from Jan 1989-Apr 1991
- Amstrad Action - from Feb 1991-Apr 1995 (Apr 1991 onwards include the cover-mounted cassette tapes)

Hard card folders for putting magazines in:
- 8000 Plus Amstrad PCW 8256-8512 (green) x5
- PCW Plus (red) x1
- Computing with the Amstrad (red) x2

I'm thinking of starting all the auctions at a reasonably low price, so no shilling, see if you can get a bargain.

This is where they will be (may be a few weeks yet, I'll update on here when they start going up): virtuaiceman | eBay

dodogildo

Quote from: VirtuaIceMan on 14:23, 03 February 16
At this stage, I'm thinking of only shipping to UK addresses (for simplicity), unless anyone thinks I should ship to Europe or beyond?

You should definitely ship Europe and beyond. Because those articles were already largely available in UK in 80s but rarely reached to the other parts of the world. That'd be a good service to the Amstrad community to make the auctions available overseas.
M'enfin!

robcfg

I don't understand why it should be more complicated sending to Europe...

VirtuaIceMan

It's not, I just recently valued the "fast & free" rating, which = free postage and 1st class mail, so that was easier UK only.

Will consider Europe then. Unless anyone beyond even Europe might like to bid on 464 stuff?

seanb

Quote from: VirtuaIceMan on 14:23, 03 February 16
Hi everyone! At some point in the near future (I'll let you know when) I'll be putting my collection of Amstrad CPC464 games, magazines and Dk'Tronics 64KB RAM pack up for sale on eBay.

I use myhermes to send to Europe.
Cheap and easy and reliable.

Unlike bloody evilBay.

Don't get me started on those prats

VirtuaIceMan

Yeah MyHermes seem good, and there's a very local drop-off point. So I'll look into that. Just need to figure out the prices for everything then I'll start the auctions.

Although I did find MyHermes international seem to charge >£9 for things that Royal Mail would do for around £4 (large letters). Might just stick to Royal Mail and wrap things well!

dodogildo

M'enfin!

seanb

Quote from: VirtuaIceMan on 15:52, 04 February 16
Yeah MyHermes seem good, and there's a very local drop-off point. So I'll look into that. Just need to figure out the prices for everything then I'll start the auctions.

Although I did find MyHermes international seem to charge >£9 for things that Royal Mail would do for around £4 (large letters). Might just stick to Royal Mail and wrap things well!

For letters and things like that royal mail is cheaper.
Myhermes are more for packages and parcels.

Cholo

Quote from: dodogildo on 14:07, 07 February 16
Madness Amstrad CPC Doubler Speed Cop Expansion Cartridge Cassette Cable | eBay

I saw that cart too & was like "maybe i can swoop in in the last minut & win it with a 15 bucks bid" a couple of days ago. Kinda crazy bidding especially as its untested.

Didnt even know that such a thing as the Draysoft Doubler excisted a week ago. Kinda like the logical backup solution for 464 owners as ive always felt that Multiface 2 (and similar) carts was minded towards 6128 disc users.

Wonder if anyone could re-produce a small batch of these? Dosnt look too complex a cart judging from the pictures in the wiki. Personally im more interested in the function of the cart than owning a original. Being able to make a backup of the original cassette games would mean you could protect the original from tear & wear. Then perhaps im the only one left who still regular buy empty cassette tapes. Most likely the only weirdo left who can spend "a good time" fooling around with Amsback copying cracked games back from floppy to cassette.

dodogildo

Quote from: Cholo on 15:50, 07 February 16

I saw that cart too & was like "maybe i can swoop in in the last minut & win it with a 15 bucks bid" a couple of days ago. Kinda crazy bidding especially as its untested.

I was dreaming to do the same thing :)

M'enfin!

khaz

I thought copying a data cassette was as simple as copying an audio cassette? Why would you need such apparatus? I know nothing about cassettes and computers.

Dizrythmia

Quote from: Cholo on 15:50, 07 February 16

I was thinking the same thing. How nuts?

I assume this thing would remove any protection or speedlocks, hence it would be a better option than a tape to tape copying deck. I can understand not wanting to use your original tapes, I don't do that myself. Why not use CDTs instead? It would save you $600AU+ :)