News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

pelrun

Quote from: Audronic on 00:38, 25 February 16For our Queenslanders in Australia
Is that just me?

Audronic

Maybe

But there may be some Lurkers   8) 8)

I'd hate for you to be the only one. It would be very lonely.

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Bryce

No, we have some other members from Queensland that I know of, that are at least semi-active.

AbraXXIous is the only one I can think of at the moment, I think he lives in a place called Dalby.

Bryce.

Dizrythmia

My fiancee is from Queensland so we travel there semi regularly. I can always get the future in laws or her friends to get stuff like that for me if it pops up :)

TheBuff1

Dizrythmia

WOW!! I see they only post in the UK... If anyone in the UK is interested & wants someone to go in on this with them I'm happy to contribute & then pay postage for them to send me one :)

Kris

Would be interested in a magnum as well :)

trabitboy

I had one when these were new ; it never worked terribly well with my GT65  :picard:

Bryce

And they only work on CRTs of course, so if you have your CPC connected to an LCD monitor or TV you're out of luck.

Bryce.

ukmarkh

Why bother with an LCD, especially if you're using retro equipment for the real life, ultimate retro experience? CRT all the way! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Tiger Ninestein

Quote from: ukmarkh on 18:31, 26 February 16
Why bother with an LCD, especially if you're using retro equipment for the real life, ultimate retro experience? CRT all the way!

I couldn't agree more. Scary to think that they'll stop working at some point with no more being made.

gerald

Quote from: Dr Tiger Ninestein on 18:45, 26 February 16

I couldn't agree more. Scary to think that they'll stop working at some point with no more being made.
Scary thing is that LCD will sooner or later loose their analogue input, then their vga / hdmi / whatever new standard ....
There will be a never-stop market for converter (RGB -> VGA -> HDMI -> xxx -> yyyy  :picard: )

ukmarkh

Quote from: Dr Tiger Ninestein on 18:45, 26 February 16

One of my first ever jobs in IT was repairing PSU's and computer monitors [emoji6]

dodogildo

For who's still interested in a floppy drive with controller in a pretty good shape http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161965511973&alt=web
M'enfin!

TheBuff1

A working Amstrad Mega PC has surfaced!  :o

AMSTRAD MEGA PC 386SX with built in SEGA Megadrive

Always wanted one of these as a kid!

Zoe Robinson

A Mega-PC!! Oh my goodness! I wonder if my wife would kill me or just merely be annoyed as hell if I bought it...

ukmarkh

Quote from: TheBuff1 on 22:02, 28 February 16
A working Amstrad Mega PC has surfaced!  :o

AMSTRAD MEGA PC 386SX with built in SEGA Megadrive

Always wanted one of these as a kid!

That's the crappy 386 model, look for the 486 instead...

AMSDOS

Quote from: ukmarkh on 01:27, 29 February 16
That's the crappy 386 model, look for the 486 instead...

Only ever crappy when they have the wrong OS running on it.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

ukmarkh

Quote from: AMSDOS on 02:45, 29 February 16
Only ever crappy when they have the wrong OS running on it.

True, but SX model is really slow, DX is much better! I'm sure I saw one recently at a computer fair in Nottingham.

AMSDOS

Quote from: ukmarkh on 02:48, 29 February 16
True, but SX model is really slow, DX is much better! I'm sure I saw one recently at a computer fair in Nottingham.

I'm sure a DX would beat an SX hands down, I could run OS/2 Warp & Windows 3.1 it one without much fuss, though I ended up with peoples second-hand 486 DX266 left overs & since Netscape was the only decent web browser for OS/2 at the time, a 486 was recommended.  :D

Initially I obtained a 386SX 16mhz from the College I was studying at, I put 4Mb in it & a 80Mb HD, initially I put Windows 3.1 on it, but then I took it off shortly after. Later on I put an earlier version of Windows on it and it ran just fine, it also ran DOS & GEM just fine.

I think obtained a 386SX 16Mhz Laptop, which initially only had 1Mb in it (640kb & 384 Extended!), I installed DOS 5 & CP/M-86 v1.1 on a Seperate Partition on the HD, eventually I paid big money to get Memory for it from Overseas which made a big difference to the machine and was able to do Web Browsing with Arachne along CP/M related stuff. Where the machine didn't perform well was when I was able to convert Turbo Pascal programs to run under Turbo Pascal 3 for CP/M-86. Had Borland had bothered updating Turbo Pascal 4 onwards for DOS & CP/M-86, things might of been different, for example TP 5.5 could execute programs to run well on that slower machine, but because TP 3 lacked some of those optimisations and needed substitute code, performance wasn't as good for that system. But occasionally I could write something which would run well on it.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Zoe Robinson

I had the 386SX/25 version of the Mega-PC and it worked just fine for me from its release until late 1998, when I upgraded to a Pentium-2. The Mega-PC got upgraded with 4Mb RAM and a 720Mb hard drive that I had to save up for for about a year before I could afford it (oh the perils of being 12 and having little pocket money!) but it was worth it.

I loved that machine, and was very annoyed when my mother just threw it out because, in her mind, "it didn't get used any more". Apparently she didn't notice that I still used the Mega Drive part of it regularly.  :'(

As for the SX version not being very good, I have to disagree. Putting DOS 6.2 on it made it run like the wind (the version of DOS that it was packaged with sucked so much and was incredibly bloated - typical MS in that respect). Windows 3.11 would slow it down immensely (as I recall, the 1Mb RAM it came with could only handle a black-and-white wallpaper on Windows 3.11 due to running out of memory) and the 40Mb hard drive was a joke but you could still code on it (I wrote several games on my Mega-PC), you could easily run a small business on it (again, I did) and you could definitely play games on it (oh the hours I lost to Civilisation, Elite and Railroad Tycoon!).

It was a lovely machine and I wish I still had mine.

Munchausen

Quote from: Zoe Robinson on 15:25, 29 February 16
As for the SX version not being very good, I have to disagree. Putting DOS 6.2 on it made it run like the wind (the version of DOS that it was packaged with sucked so much and was incredibly bloated - typical MS in that respect). Windows 3.11 would slow it down immensely (as I recall, the 1Mb RAM it came with could only handle a black-and-white wallpaper on Windows 3.11 due to running out of memory) and the 40Mb hard drive was a joke but you could still code on it (I wrote several games on my Mega-PC), you could easily run a small business on it (again, I did) and you could definitely play games on it (oh the hours I lost to Civilisation, Elite and Railroad Tycoon!).

We didn't have a Mega PC but did have a 386SX (a DEC, which I still have but which doesn't work), and I agree, they were awesome (as long as you have enough RAM anyway)! We eventually got 16MB RAM I think. We had DOS 6.22 and windows 3.1, I used to program on it in qbasic and visual basic 3.0 (back when VB still compiled to native code), and we had word (6.0 IIRC? The last one before win 95) that was used for all mine and my siblings school work, and all of my Mum's open university degree essays and dissertation. And countless games of course :D

Singaja

Schneider CPC464 with grey keys revisited with CTM644 (working but with some issues I reckon) , no minimal price.
Amstrad CPC 464 z monitorem kolorowym (6021269763) - Allegro.pl - Więcej niż