News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

khaz

Quote from: Bryce on 08:32, 28 April 16
A little off topic here, but maybe someone here can explain this: I have saved a search in ebay and it's set to send me an email notification when something new arrives. However, I get an email saying something like "41 new items for your search 'Amstrad CPC'", but when I open the e-mail it never lists more than 12 items. It has a button for "Show all", but this just does a complete search and lists every Amstrad CPC, not just the 41 new ones.

Anyone have an idea what I need to change to get all 41 listed in the e-mail?

Bryce.

This is normal behaviour I assume. There are never more than 12 items in the e-mail, and clicking on Show all brings your search ordered by newly listed so you can check the first 41 in the list.

Gryzor

No, what he's saying is that instead of a list of 41 items he gets the entire CPC category.

TFM

Because... he want it all!

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

khaz

Quote from: Gryzor on 15:12, 28 April 16
No, what he's saying is that instead of a list of 41 items he gets the entire CPC category.

And I'm saying he won't have it because it's not how it works.
The e-mail is a bit misleading, but there is no list with only the new stuff in it, to my knowledge.

Bryce

It's like this: Let's say I have a search for CPC464 and there are currently 100 CPC464s in ebay. Now 41 new CPC464s arrive and I get an email saying "41 new results for your search". The email only contains 12 of the 41. Clicking "Show all" gives me a list of 141 items. But how do I get to see just the 41 that they are supposedly notifying me about?

Bryce.

EgoTrip

Quote from: Bryce on 08:42, 29 April 16
It's like this: Let's say I have a search for CPC464 and there are currently 100 CPC464s in ebay. Now 41 new CPC464s arrive and I get an email saying "41 new results for your search". The email only contains 12 of the 41. Clicking "Show all" gives me a list of 141 items. But how do I get to see just the 41 that they are supposedly notifying me about?

Bryce.

I think that the best way to see is to select "Newest First" in the sort order box. Chances are the top 41 will be the same 41, plus any new ones listed since the email was sent out.

Bryce

I'll check that next time.

Bryce.

khaz

It should default to newest first when you click on the link, regardless of whatever sorting you had when you marked the search.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: EgoTrip on 12:54, 09 May 16
Is this legit?
Amstrad the CPC Years - Amstrad CPC 464/6128 Emulator and tons of software |

Clearly we're out of the recession now!
Give me your money and save yourself from downloading them yourself!!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

mr_lou

Now now, don't be like that. Afterall, with this DVD "you can spwend hours nrowsing through all the articles"...

Ok, we shouldn't made fun. I don't really see anything wrong with anyone trying to make a little money on creating compilations like this.

Bryce

Except for the fact that he's making money from other peoples work without their permission?

Bryce.

EgoTrip

Quote from: mr_lou on 13:36, 09 May 16
Now now, don't be like that. Afterall, with this DVD "you can spwend hours nrowsing through all the articles"...

Ok, we shouldn't made fun. I don't really see anything wrong with anyone trying to make a little money on creating compilations like this.

You would if it was your hard work he is making money from and not cutting you in. I bet he has asked none of the emulator authors, let alone all the owners of the games, and demo programmers. I can also bet Future Publishing did not consent.

mr_lou

Quote from: Bryce on 13:37, 09 May 16
Except for the fact that he's making money from other peoples work without their permission?

Except for that yes.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: mr_lou on 14:43, 09 May 16
Except for that yes.

If by that, you mean copyright infringement, then that's a very big 'that' indeed.  :o :laugh:
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Gryzor

Quote from: dodogildo on 19:51, 09 May 16
More crazy  Assembly Language for The Amstrad CPC 464 664 A Stephenson D J 0852428618 | eBay

Was there such a book? The ISBN only returns this one entry with the bogus cover...

dodogildo

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:43, 10 May 16

Was there such a book? The ISBN only returns this one entry with the bogus cover...

I know, right? :) crazy
M'enfin!

khaz

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:43, 10 May 16

I suppose it's this one
lalala

[edit] this link breaks the forum link title generator?

robcfg

A search on isbnsearch.org actually returns that there are some available on amazon, at a more affordable price  ;D

Should we get one and scan it for the CPCWiki?...

Bryce

Quote from: khaz on 11:20, 10 May 16
I suppose it's this one
lalala

[edit] this link breaks the forum link title generator?

Well now we know how he does his pricing: "(248 pages)". And I thought he'd just pulled some price out of his arse.

Bryce.

Gryzor

The cheap listing on Amazon is from the same seller, so I wouldn't trust it...

Let's try the link:

oops indeed it just disappeared!!!

robcfg

Works for me...

Let's try the Amazon link.