News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Interesting factoid: he's in Greece, but he doesn't ship to Greece :D

VincentGR

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:54, 26 November 17
Interesting factoid: he's in Greece, but he doesn't ship to Greece :D

WHAaahahaha

Seen this before.

Gryzor

Was it RARE?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

VincentGR

Nop, just the shipping thingy.

khaz

Gryzor

Damn! I think I have one!!

Bryce

Am I missing something? This is just an EPROM whose image is available on the web, plus a 1 ROM ROMBoard? Hardly worth that much?

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 08:56, 11 December 17
Am I missing something? This is just an EPROM whose image is available on the web, plus a 1 ROM ROMBoard? Hardly worth that much?

Bryce.
Scarcity, perhaps?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Skunkfish

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amstrad-CPC-464-6128-MULTIFACE-2-Boxed/142613357676?hash=item21346b246c:g:C0kAAOSwk1haIV7z

£97 for a Multiface, is that the going rate now?!

I'm pretty sure that they sold thousands upon thousands of those things, are they really that rare?

And I know I used to have one somewhere about 15 years ago... I hope it wasn't thrown away!
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Shaun M. Neary

Just the way the market has gone sadly. Cos it's "retro" and it's the in thing now, the price of almost everything has been skyrocketing for years.

Especially on Ebay, where the market is full of piss-takers. I stopped looking there ages ago. I just use Facebook groups when looking for something now, some are full of cowboys, others are fairly decent. Your mileage may vary.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

khaz

Quote from: Bryce on 08:56, 11 December 17

Bryce.

It's the original one.

I was considering getting it when it was about £10, but someone went crazy with the auction.

tjohnson

Quote from: khaz on 13:01, 11 December 17
It's the original one.

I was considering getting it when it was about £10, but someone went crazy with the auction.
Maybe someone could manufacture a new batch of they are that popular

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bryce

Why bother, you can just install the EPROM on a MegaFlash / Flashgordon / X-Mem or whatever modern ROMBoard you happen to own.

Bryce.

Gryzor

You can also shove all the discology (pun) of CPC games onto a HxC SD card and call it a day, but there's a reason people still buy originals...

khaz

yeah, the only appeal of this kind of stuff is its historicity. You can already get the same usage for the same convenience with modern hardware.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:03, 11 December 17
You can also shove all the discology (pun) of CPC games onto a HxC SD card and call it a day, but there's a reason people still buy originals...

Yes, it's something to do with fools and their money being easily parted.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 14:05, 11 December 17

Yes, it's something to do with fools and their money being easily parted.

Not talking about the validity of absurd prices.

robcfg

Well, all the nice pictures, scans and dumps on the wiki don't come out of thin air...

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: robcfg on 14:22, 11 December 17
Well, all the nice pictures, scans and dumps on the wiki don't come out of thin air...

Well now that you mention it, I was thinking of sourcing tape boxes and printing some covers out to house my loose tapes.
So fair point.

Gryzor

Quote from: robcfg on 14:22, 11 December 17

I actually have  a 1/0 generator fashioned from a hair dryer in the back shed.

tjohnson

Quote from: Bryce on 14:01, 11 December 17
Why bother, you can just install the EPROM on a MegaFlash / Flashgordon / X-Mem or whatever modern ROMBoard you happen to own.

Bryce.
If someone is willing to pay extortionate prices there might be a demand and someone would be willing to pay for replica, lots of stuff still seems to sell for silly money really.  How easily obtainable are modern rom boxes?   They still seem to be a little difficult to source easily.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Bryce

msmthng

Quote from: Bryce on 14:29, 12 December 17
Because it's collection only and in some tiny village hidden in the Black Forest? (The place, not the cake).

Bryce.

he was shipping it for 30 euros. so i have a F1-X back in my collection.

khaz

I'd buy a CPC hidden in a cake