News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: khaz on 00:44, 10 December 17
Right, who got this one?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132416745269
Dunno. But I could have had that very board for about a tenner in a box of cpc stuff I collected from mcl studios last week. It's interesting but of no use to me.

So "sell it on ebay" I said, "you might get more than that" I added. Damn I should have taken it and sold it myself!

I did pick up 2 cpc 6128s, 2 ctm 644s, 1 gt 65 and about 70 discs and various manuals.

Mcl has some other oddities that I also left for him to sell elsewhere so keep your eyes open if you fancy something unusual!

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 08:56, 11 December 17
Am I missing something? This is just an EPROM whose image is available on the web, plus a 1 ROM ROMBoard? Hardly worth that much?

Bryce.
It also has the "arnor cartridge port" on it. The original idea as I understand it was to sell this utopia board and then arnor could produce separate cartridges for protext suite, maxam, bcpl etc that would mount vertically immediately behind the keyboard, take up very little space and not need a rom box.

A good idea, not sure if any cartridges were actually made tho.

Bryce

The "port" was probably just the 32 pins needed for another EPROM that they intended putting in a plastic cartridge.

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 14:56, 12 December 17
The "port" was probably just the 32 pins needed for another EPROM that they intended putting in a plastic cartridge.

Bryce.
Having had this very item in my hands last week. The arnor cartridge port is basically the full expansion port brought out to a female edge connector. I say basically because it has some pins that are not connected from the expansion port to the cartridge port. I guess they just used exactly what was needed for their specific cartridge needs. I can only imagine that the idea was to bundle collections of the arnor roms into cartridges.

Maxam for example with protext as an editor
BCPL also needed protext as an editor
Promerge, prospell and protext

Although I am not sure if any of these ever got released after the initial utopia module with cartridge port. It's certainly an oddity.... Not worth 243pounds tho IMHO.

Gryzor

WHAT? It didn't sell????
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122817833926?ul_noapp=true

But why, it had Copter 27:

According to the most video Game critics => the BEST 8 bit Action GAME EVER and of course the BEST GAME of the Amstrad GX-4000 console - EXTRA RARE

robcfg

Unbelievable rare!

The auction description is hilarious, but really, 550€ for a GX4000? The day I sell my MSX TurboR I should be asking for 2000€ at least...

Shaun M. Neary

Should have seen the link for a CPC464 posted on Amstrad For Sale Facebook group, we had some laugh on that.

Mint condition CPC464, only one button missing. No silly offers - €500!

My ribs still hurt.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

00WReX

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 10:23, 20 December 17
Should have seen the link for a CPC464 posted on Amstrad For Sale Facebook group, we had some laugh on that.

Mint condition CPC464, only one button missing. No silly offers - €500!

My ribs still hurt.

Yeh, I noticed that one...For my €500 I'd prefer a few more keys missing,  only one missing is a bit too mint for me.  :doh: :P

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

Quote from: gaos74 on 12:01, 20 December 17
Are you joking?

You are swearing to me because I tell the truth?  :o

He probably didn't read what you wrote. 

khaz

Quote from: Skunkfish on 16:29, 20 December 17
I'm not sure if people are getting screwed on eBay though? The markets dictates the pricing on eBay, things sell for whatever people are willing to pay for them. If somebody wants to pay €500 for a GX4000 then they have more money than sense...

It's not the price at which they sell that's the problem, it's the price at which they are being offered. Ebay is filled with BIN items listed at outrageous prices, and ebay encourages it: people see similar items being offered at a similar but slightly lower price and greed kicks in and they list theirs for slightly more. It doesn't matter if the items they're looking at don't sell, most people don't know how to browse the "sold listings" section to see the actual worth of something. And even then, the few occasional sucker who does have more money than sense encourages the sellers into their terrible ways. Add resellers into the mix, who do buy the stuff to make a profit reselling it, only to drive the prices even higher.

Since ebay forego their fees on BIN items, no one put their stuff at auction any more. Past auctions are a great way to know what the items are really worth, but they're very rare nowadays: people can just relist their items forever without a fee in the hope to make a profit (even if the thing never actually sells). eBay doesn't want to be an auction site any more, they want to be a marketplace. And for items like antiques that have a very subjective perceived worth, it can be devastating.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Gryzor on 16:43, 20 December 17
Get back to work, you!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

No, don't want to!
Actually, it's pretty quiet on the desk at the moment, so it's not for the want to. But it's Christmas and people are starting to take leave.

Quote from: khaz on 16:44, 20 December 17
It's not the price at which they sell that's the problem, it's the price at which they are being offered. Ebay is filled with BIN items listed at outrageous prices, and ebay encourages it: people see similar items being offered at a similar but slightly lower price and greed kicks in and they list theirs for slightly more. It doesn't matter if the items they're looking at don't sell, most people don't know how to browse the "sold listings" section to see the actual worth of something. And even then, the few occasional sucker who does have more money than sense encourages the sellers into their terrible ways. Add resellers into the mix, who do buy the stuff to make a profit reselling it, only to drive the prices even higher.

Since ebay forego their fees on BIN items, no one put their stuff at auction any more. Past auctions are a great way to know what the items are really worth, but they're very rare nowadays: people can just relist their items forever without a fee in the hope to make a profit (even if the thing never actually sells). eBay doesn't want to be an auction site any more, they want to be a marketplace. And for items like antiques that have a very subjective perceived worth, it can be devastating.

And this is exactly the problem with the retro community. Vintage = money even if it means dumpster divers are hocking off whatever junk they find. Untested is also a whole heap of shit too and usually translates to "Not working, buy at your own risk"
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

Thread cleaned, we've had our fun, let's move on: anyone's got a mint GX at a reasonable price? €450 is as high as I can go.

gaos74

Let me trace a nice one at ebay and I will resell it to you for 500.

This is the lowest I can go.

Ha ha ha

Shaun M. Neary

Mint condition! Only six keys missing! BARGAIN!  :laugh:

Skunkfish

An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

ComSoft6128

mr_lou

This thread should be renamed to "eBay jokes".

We could create another thread then called "Useful eBay auctions", but I suspect that thread would be stillborn....

tjohnson

Quote from: Skunkfish on 16:10, 21 December 17
Anyone looking for some used floppies in reasonable condition, take note:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-Collection-Of-5-Vintage-Amsoft-CF-2-Compact-Floppy-Discs-Used/112669085068?hash=item1a3b99cd8c:g:y1cAAOSwT2daCFtS
Nice, good to see them being offered at a fair and sensible price, time to take another glug of antifreeze.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

VincentGR

i should sell mine in 10 years from now to buy a new house.

Shaun M. Neary

"May not post to Ireland"

Rats, that's me out! I was in the market for some overpriced used floppies and all, so I was...

villain

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 16:47, 21 December 17
"May not post to Ireland"

Rats, that's me out! I was in the market for some overpriced used floppies and all, so I was...

Same with Germany. And I would have taken them for sure. So sad! One of the english guys should take the oppurtunity to get ripped. :-)

I will staying focussed on buying an overpriced Plus now...

tjohnson

The seller has corrected the typo on the disks and they are now a more reasonable price

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Skunkfish

Yes, I suspected it may have been a typo. For those who didn't see the original price, they were on at £149.99.
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Gryzor

Quote from: Skunkfish on 17:54, 21 December 17
Yes, I suspected it may have been a typo. For those who didn't see the original price, they were on at £149.99.

Ah, thanks. Because reading the thread and looking at the auction I was thinking, boy we've become cynical! :D

Quote from: mr_lou on 16:27, 21 December 17
This thread should be renamed to "eBay jokes".

We could create another thread then called "Useful eBay auctions", but I suspect that thread would be stillborn....

Actually... this is a great idea. I'm doing it. Next such post goes to a new, separate thread (or, feel free to open a new one, everyone).

Poliander

So this is how it works these days.

I sold Zynaps as auction for 13,50 €
https://www.ebay.de/itm/282755167969

Few days later 50,00 €
https://www.ebay.de/itm/162808075036

Funny thing is, when you offer a game as auction, most of the bids come from retro resalers.
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC