News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Latest on ebay

Started by steve, 13:54, 05 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper68

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:17, 10 January 18
Aw the poor guy... hope it ends up in a good home.

By the way:

[ot]Anyone has any idea about eBay's global shipping program? Ordered something from the UK, it left the country and that's where their tracking (UPA........ format) ended. No idea where it's been for more than two weeks now![/ot]

eBay's GSP depot in the UK is very slow. I have sent things abroad from the UK and they have arrived at the GSP Centre and it has been two weeks before i have had a notification it has been sent onwards. Given Xmas period i would extend that delay. The other thing that can slow it down is if the seller has not put a eBay GSP #REF no on the parcel it is what helps them ID where it should go. Sorry could be more helpful.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Gryzor

Quote from: Vyper68 on 13:48, 10 January 18
eBay's GSP depot in the UK is very slow. I have sent things abroad from the UK and they have arrived at the GSP Centre and it has been two weeks before i have had a notification it has been sent onwards. Given Xmas period i would extend that delay. The other thing that can slow it down is if the seller has not put a eBay GSP #REF no on the parcel it is what helps them ID where it should go. Sorry could be more helpful.

But, as I said, it's left the UK. On Dec. 18, to be precise. It's the 'after' that's got me worried, since eBay's tracking system just stops there, and of course it doesn't correspond to local post office/courier tracking formats...

Vyper68

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:49, 10 January 18

But, as I said, it's left the UK. On Dec. 18, to be precise. It's the 'after' that's got me worried, since eBay's tracking system just stops there, and of course it doesn't correspond to local post office/courier tracking formats...

I am not sure if i have got this right. If i sold something through eBay's GSP and i sent it Royal Mail my tracking would only go as far as the depot in the UK. Once eBay have processed the order they forward it on with a new tracking number that is supplied to the seller & buyer. So i do not understand why the tracking number does not work. Could you PM the number to me and let me see if i can compare it to ones i have been given by eBay?

Vyper68

Gryzor

Quote from: Vyper68 on 13:55, 10 January 18
I am not sure if i have got this right. If i sold something through eBay's GSP and i sent it Royal Mail my tracking would only go as far as the depot in the UK. Once eBay have processed the order they forward it on with a new tracking number that is supplied to the seller & buyer. So i do not understand why the tracking number does not work. Could you PM the number to me and let me see if i can compare it to ones i have been given by eBay?

You are correct in what you say. Unfortunately even the number it resolves to says nothing of importance... I'll send you the number, let me know! 

khaz

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:49, 10 January 18

ebay uses private (low cost) delivery services, and frequently changes them. Like it could be one courier in the UK and international, then another in the final country. The couriers are supposed to send you updates on what is happening to your parcel, but often they don't. If you click on the tracking number in your past purchases list, it should give you those information.

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 13:17, 10 January 18
[ot]Anyone has any idea about eBay's global shipping program? Ordered something from the UK, it left the country and that's where their tracking (UPA........ format) ended. No idea where it's been for more than two weeks now![/ot]

My experience with ebay GSP: Extremely slow, no proper tracking and in one case, they removed extremely good packaging and replaced it with completely inadequate packaging resulting in the device being badly damaged. I deliberately don't buy thing that use GSP anymore.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Yeah, that's the problem. eBay themselves say that much on their tracking page for my item (incidentally, a WD TV Live media player): "Multiple carriers". Well, thankyousoooomuch!

Unfortunately I haven't bought anything in a long time that went through eBay's system (much less from the UK) so that tip, interesting as it may sound, can't help.

And yes, probably the next carrier in line should notify me, but the very least they could do was update the page to give me the new service, cheap bastards...

@Bryce : ah, I had heard about the packaging (maybe from you?) before. Excellent stuff.

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 14:04, 10 January 18
@Bryce : ah, I had heard about the packaging (maybe from you?) before. Excellent stuff.

To be exact: Oscilloscope sent in original box with original custom fit polys was put in larger box and HALF filled!!! with styro peanuts!!!

Bryce.

Gryzor

What, you mean you wanted its original box? Was it retro or something? :D

Dear god...

Bryce

Nope, I just wanted it in one piece. Not with all the front knobs broken off!

Bryce.

Gryzor

They were on the box though, no?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bryce

Yes, all nicely snapped off their shaft and irrepairable.

Bryce.

Poliander

Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

ComSoft6128

Interesting.
Has anyone used one of these before?

Cheers,

Peter

Bryce

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 06:51, 26 January 18
Interesting.
Has anyone used one of these before?

Cheers,

Peter

You can try it for yourself. The ROM image is here: http://cpctech.cpc-live.com/download.html

Bryce.

ComSoft6128

Thanks Bryce,

Having a look at it now.

Cheers,

Peter

arnoldemu

Quote from: Bryce on 08:31, 26 January 18
You can try it for yourself. The ROM image is here: http://cpctech.cpc-live.com/download.html

Bryce.
The source code is also available. Cliff Lawson who worked at Amstrad released the source. :)

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Audronic

Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Bryce

00WReX

Funny you should say that,  I have been seeing (and experiencing) this more and more from UK sellers.

Just this last week I was attempting to get a UK seller with a 464/6128Plus system cartridge to post to me, but they would not have any of it.
As you know, this fits in almost the smallest padded envelope at minimum cost (I have purchased a few).
I'm not sure what the hassle is to be honest, and if you have to go and post it anyway, whats the real difference.

Also funny was that it sold for half of what I was prepared to bid...

Ahh well, what can you do.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Gryzor

This is true. I'm seeing more and more UK only auctions [emoji52]

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:06, 29 January 18
This is true. I'm seeing more and more UK only auctions